Windows 10: router name

Discus and support router name in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I change the name and password of my router?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CarolynCarroll1, Jul 25, 2018.

1. router name

How do I change the name and password of my router?

:)

CarolynCarroll1, Jul 25, 2018
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jul 25, 2018
  3. Gino Des Win User
    wireless conection to router

Hi,

To better assist you, we would like to know the following information:

• Are you able to see the router's name in the wireless networks list?
    • Are you able to connect to the router but unable to connect to the Internet?
    • Do you receive any error message when connecting to the router? If yes, what is the exact error message that you receive?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands,
    Temporarily turn off firewalls
    and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jul 25, 2018
  4. Barman58 Win User

router name

Adding Routers and Printers to a PC running Windows 10 Pro

The way I would handle this is to reset the router, you at the moment do not know how the device is setup - DHCP could be disabled so there is no way it will auto allocate IP addresses

You will need to do some research as to ...

• The reset procedure - normally there is an inset button that needs to be pressed for a few seconds
    • The administrator Name
    • The administrator Password
    • The default device IP address (the gateway address)

This information should be available online , (if not printed on the back / base of the device

Once you have this information a simple connection should allow access to the internal settings, Also you should check if a specific port must be used for this initial setup

If you are not sure of the way to proceed, post the full details of the router(s) involved and we will try to find and provide you with a step by step solution

Barman58, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

router name

1. router name - Similar Threads - router name

2. How to change router name and password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change router name and password: Hi! Someone tried to get into my computer's Bluetooth this morning and I'm really creeped out. The name of the device is "View 1". It's made me think there might be cameras here in my new apartment. I'd like to change my router information as it's set to default from...
  3. my wifi router name is not showing is it is the problem of my router ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my wifi router name is not showing is it is the problem of my router ?: After updating my pc it's not showing me the name of my router it is showing all the wifi networks name at my house but it's not showing the name of router . is this the problem of my router because i have already done all the setting that was given by Microsoft .pls pls...
  4. My PC's name keeps changing in my router.

My PC's name keeps changing in my router.: I named my computer, lets say its "XYZ". However recently my family has decided to change the wifi settings to prevent any unauthorized devices from connecting. This is all fine and good, however out of nowhere my computer has started to change its name to "XYZ 1", "XYZ 2"...
  5. How to change a new router's name and password on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change a new router's name and password on windows 10?: Hi there, I've recently build a gaming PC and come from windows 8.1 to 10 and i feel like nothing is where i left it. I was wondering if someone could offer a guide on how i can change the wifi network name and the password. I've not been able to find any up to date guides...
  6. Ethernet shows wrong router name

Ethernet shows wrong router name: When I connect to ethernet it shows my school wifi name instead of my home wifi. It is connected to my home wifi but it just shows the wrong name. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-shows-wrong-router-name/2fbd8411-aa7c-4c51-b24c-5f20858399f8
  7. How to change Wi-Fi Router Name and Password

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Wi-Fi Router Name and Password: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Wi-Fi is undoubtedly a great way to keep connected to the internet where ever we go. Today we are all able to interface multiple devices to the internet via the same network without any wires. All thanks to the Wi-Fi [...] This post How to change Wi-Fi...
  8. Will ipconfig return my router user name and password?

Will ipconfig return my router user name and password?: Not home to try it though I am doubtful of this suggestion from Cox chat. I wanted to log into the router but can not recall either user name and or password. It is not admin and password : ) I did not make a recovery disc. If I can avoid resetting to factory default I would...
  9. Will ipconfig return my router user name and password?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will ipconfig return my router user name and password?: Not home to try it though I am doubtful of this suggestion from Cox chat. I wanted to log into the router but can not recall either user name and or password. It is not admin and password : ) I did not make a recovery disc. If I can avoid resetting to factory default I would...
  10. Hide router name.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hide router name.: How do I stop the router from broadcasting it name? I don't want it to be visible to others. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/hide-router-name/350d169f-9a21-44bc-aa83-c3e0a1684a9e"