Windows 10: Router no longer visable, but working

Discus and support Router no longer visable, but working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My internet and WIFi are operating ok. I wanted to log into my Linksys router, but under the Network tab I see only my Hue bridge, and my HP printer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by smalltown, Apr 12, 2020.

1. smalltown Win User

Router no longer visable, but working

My internet and WIFi are operating ok. I wanted to log into my Linksys router, but under the Network tab I see only my Hue bridge, and my HP printer. It was visible there in the past, but for some reason it's not showing now.

Running Windows 10 Pro

:)

smalltown, Apr 12, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Apr 12, 2020
  3. It is visable in windows 7 file explorer, but not visable in windows 10 file explorer.

<Original title: Windows explorer>

Hi

I have a network drive plugged into my router. It is visable in windows 7 file explorer, but not visable in windows 10 file explorer. What do I have to do to get to my files when using windows 10? With windows 7, I plugged it in and it was visable and I
    did not have to do anything.

Dick

Richard Lindmeier, Apr 12, 2020
  4. Router no longer visable, but working

The desktop background feature is not visable on the personalization page. I want to create a theme with and slideshow of pictures. Can someone list the steps?

<Original title: Creating theme>

The desktop background feature is not visable on the personalization page. I want to create a theme with and slideshow of pictures. Can someone list the steps?

PandaBunniKat, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Router no longer visable, but working

1. Router no longer visable, but working - Similar Threads - Router longer visable

2. Win 10 no longer lists 5.0 router access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 no longer lists 5.0 router access: Why win 10 doesn't list 5.0 wireless access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-no-longer-lists-50-router-access/9ecd5855-393f-433f-8398-24b2835d7fea
  3. Win 10 no longer lists 5.0 router access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 no longer lists 5.0 router access: Why win 10 doesn't list 5.0 wireless access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-no-longer-lists-50-router-access/9ecd5855-393f-433f-8398-24b2835d7fea
  4. Win 10 no longer lists 5.0 router access

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. TPM is enabled but not visable to Windows

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TPM is enabled but not visable to Windows: Hey there, I have TPM enabled and visable in the BIOS but in Windows it can't be seen in system info. Instead, it says "Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not...
  6. designer keyboard stopped working and no longer visable in bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    designer keyboard stopped working and no longer visable in bluetooth: . Read previous posts re same issue however they were years old. designer keyboard and mouse have been working with surface pro 4 for past 3 months. Keyboard now not working. Changed batteries, uninstalled to then try and re pair, now bluetooth doesn't detect keyboard at all....
  7. Fonts not visable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fonts not visable: When in task manager, the fonts text are not visible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fonts-not-visable/a33a19e7-bf4d-42f2-802f-321567348c53
  8. PC not visable on Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC not visable on Network: There is no 'Home Network' now on w Windows 10 and I have difficulty in viewing my Desktop Dell Optiplex on my Lap Top Lenovo V110 both running Windows Ten. Both OSs are OEM. I do get some success by setting the Function Discovery Provider to Automatic Delayed Start and or...
  9. Reset Router No Longer Sure If I Am Secure

Reset Router No Longer Sure If I Am Secure: I must have at some point changed my router/ modem login info from the default admin/password combo to something else but I could not remember it and I could not log into my router by going to 192.168.0.1 so for the first time I pressed the reset button and set it to factory...
  10. Networked Server Not Visable

Networked Server Not Visable: Hi, We have a fairly crude network in place at work with a main server and 8 desktops which all have their own hard drives but also access a separate space on the main servers hard drive called the "S" drive. This is the space where group files are stores and backups of...