Windows 10: Router page opening in new tab instead of Bing.com

Discus and support Router page opening in new tab instead of Bing.com in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A few days ago our internet wires were accidentally pulled from the wall. Called the company and said they'd send someone the next day to fix it. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by possom2009, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Router page opening in new tab instead of Bing.com

A few days ago our internet wires were accidentally pulled from the wall. Called the company and said they'd send someone the next day to fix it.

I opened Firefox to do some offline reading, clicked new tab, which is set to Bing.com, knowing it would open an error couldn't connect to server page, but instead, it redirected itself to my router. That's never happened to me before.

I tried opening Bing.com in chrome and got the expected error page. Opened Firefox on another PC, straight to my router instead of Bing.com.

Is this normal?

:)

possom2009, Apr 27, 2016

2. How do I get plain Bing as a homepage instead of the Bing - Search the Web page with blank address bar and requently used pages?

I apologize for harping on this but have you done this exact procedure?

Internet Options> (General tab)> Tabs> When a new tab is opened, open:

Your first Home page.

There's nothing unusual about the New Tab page you're seeing. If Bing is your default Search Provider, that search box will be on the New Tab page. The question is why you can't get your Home page to open instead of the New Tab
    page.

One more test... Internet Options> Tabs> When a new tab is opened, Open: A blank page. Try that change. See if it takes effect/sticks/persists.

* * * Also... You are definitely having this problem with Internet Explorer, not Edge, right?

Don

Don Varnau, Apr 27, 2016
  3. How do I get plain Bing as a homepage instead of the Bing - Search the Web page with blank address bar and requently used pages?

Sorry, I've already done that, but the page keeps coming back. Bing.com is showing as my home page and when I click the Home Page Icon the Bing.com (only) page is opened. If I click an empty tab then the Bing- search the web page with recent pages displays.

JerryMcManus, Apr 27, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Router page opening in new tab instead of Bing.com

A router/gateway does not interact with web pages. Also you cannot use Firefox offline, because it will come back with a page not found error.

As for the Bing page, that is normal with Windows 10, if Firefox carried over the stuff from Internet Explorer.

It is directing you to your router, because some act like a Proxy when they do not have a connection to the outside world. The problem is with your connection to your ISP on your Gateway device, not your computer or the browser.

bro67, Apr 27, 2016
Thema:

Router page opening in new tab instead of Bing.com

1. Router page opening in new tab instead of Bing.com - Similar Threads - Router page opening

2. windows explorer tabs - open a new tab in an existing window instead of opening a new window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows explorer tabs - open a new tab in an existing window instead of opening a new window: I would like when I already have an open file explorer and for example, if a click a folder on the desktop, I would like it to go in a new tab in the already opened file explorer instead of creating a new window...
  3. windows explorer tabs - open a new tab in an existing window instead of opening a new window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows explorer tabs - open a new tab in an existing window instead of opening a new window: I would like when I already have an open file explorer and for example, if a click a folder on the desktop, I would like it to go in a new tab in the already opened file explorer instead of creating a new window...
  4. Bing.,com

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bing.,com: I hate Bing.com. I think the newest Microsoft Edge looks better than the original, but I will not use it if I Bing automatically open when I open Microsoft Edge. How do I disable or better yet, completely uninstall Bing.com?I appreciate any information you can furnish to...
  5. Edge opens home page on new Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Edge opens home page on new Tab: Latest version of Edge. New tab opens home page. Used to open blank page. How do I get the blank page back? What I find doing a search is for older versions (apparently) or refers to custom in settings but all that does is open a new page in a Tab. 183159
  6. Get rid of "Bing" Search suggestions on Edge Chromium New Tab Page

in Windows 10 Support
    Get rid of "Bing" Search suggestions on Edge Chromium New Tab Page: How do I get rid of "Bing" Search suggestions on Edge Chromium New Tab Page? (as shown in attached image.) Windows 10, 20H2 Edge Chromium Version 87.0.664.66 (Official build) (64-bit) 172351
  7. Forced to use Bing New Tab page on Edge Chromium?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forced to use Bing New Tab page on Edge Chromium?: Hey all, So this past month I recommended Edge Chromium to another person, and they finally got around to installing it on their MacBook Pro. They loved nearly everything about it, including the nice touchbar integrations and such. (I'm a total Mac hater but its still good)...
  8. Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page: Good day, For some reason the Bing Search bar appeard in the "Top Sites" page when you open a new Tab, while there wasn't a search bar before. I don't know what the trigger is, perhaps Windows updates. I have even chosen Google as the standers search engine in the address...
  9. Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page

in Browsers and Email
    Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page: Good day, For some reason the Bing Search bar appeard on the New Tab page while there wasn't a search bar before. I don't know what the trigger is, perhaps Windows updates. I have even chosen Google as the standers search engine in the address bar itself. I remember this...
  10. Set new tab to open a specifc page

in Browsers and Email
    Set new tab to open a specifc page: Everything I've found doing searches says this can't be done but I thought I'd give it one more try here. When I open a new tab, I want it to open to a specific web page. Not a blank page or Top sites. I'm not looking for alternatives or other ways to do the same...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge gives new tab instead or my router ip