Windows 10: Router reboots every time I connect ethernet cord to Windows 10 Tower

Discus and support Router reboots every time I connect ethernet cord to Windows 10 Tower in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been having trouble with my Windows 10 Tower computer making my Router reboot every time it connects to the Internet. I don't know if it's because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Desiree Griffin, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Router reboots every time I connect ethernet cord to Windows 10 Tower

I've been having trouble with my Windows 10 Tower computer making my Router reboot every time it connects to the Internet. I don't know if it's because of something being out-dated. But I can't even download an update without losing connection.

I'd very much appreciate the Help!

:)

Desiree Griffin, Jun 8, 2020
  2. DebraHu Win User

my ethernet cord

I've tried several ethernet cords and still cannot get a connection. I tried rebooting the router and that didn't work either. I'm afraid something is wrong with the place you plug the cord into the laptop. What can I do to fix it?

DebraHu, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Only IPV6 connection through ethernet, ipv4 not connecting (Through google fiber, no router/modem)

1. I was last able to access sites two days ago at night. Yesterday, all ipv4 connections failed.

2. I last patched to the latest version of windows 4-5 days ago, but internet was working fine for 2-3 days after the patch.

3. I'm using chrome, I've tried Edge to no avail.

• I plugged a different computer into the same cord and ethernet port, got the same problem
    • I plugged the this computer with the same cord into a different ethernet port, same problem
    • I plugged this computer with a different cord into the same ethernet port, same problem
    I believe it may be an issue with the building's ethernet itself. However, using a wireless connection to a router that is plugged into the building ethernet through a third port works fine.

I also tried all the steps linked there, no success. I have also tried forcing static ip's for IPV4 connection, but no success there either.

th3ch0wst3r, Jun 8, 2020
  4. RevoLand Win User

Router reboots every time I connect ethernet cord to Windows 10 Tower

Windows 10 Ethernet connection randomly disconnects

Hello,

So this issue has been annoying me since i have changed my old i5-4670 with a ryzen.

Ethernet: Realtek 8111H (MSI X370 Gaming Plus)
    Modem/Router: Airties Air 5760

What i have tried so far to fix my issue:
    • Re-installing Windows
    • Updating Ryzen chipset drivers
    • Updating Realtek LAN drivers (both from MSI & Realtek)
    • Updating MSI' LAN releated drivers (MSI Gaming Lan Manager)
    • Replacing ethernet cable
    • Restarting router to factory settings
    Still no luck, keeps happening randomly. Sometimes it is stable for days then it is not stable for 20 mins. Happening when gaming or idle, or while streaming via steam link.
    Windows' own issue fixer thingy fix the issue for the moment, re-plugging the cable, disabling & enabling the ethernet adapter also fixes the issue for the moment.
    Also i am the only one having this issue in the network, TV and phones are still connected to wifi.

It is started to be real annoying, so time to get help to fix the issue from TPU. Thanks in advance! *I Love TPU :lovetpu:

RevoLand, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Router reboots every time I connect ethernet cord to Windows 10 Tower

1. Router reboots every time I connect ethernet cord to Windows 10 Tower - Similar Threads - Router reboots every

2. Ethernet turns off every time i hibernate/reboot.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet turns off every time i hibernate/reboot.: Hello, I have windows 10 and recently started using an Ethernet connection.I keep my cable plugged in, but everytime i hibernate or restart my PC, the ethernet is not detected.The only way to get the ethernet connection working again is to physically remove the cable and plug...
  3. Ethernet only works after reboot (every other time)

Ethernet only works after reboot (every other time): Hello! I was having some trouble with my built-in NIC where internet would disconnect randomly, so I went and purchased a dedicated network card. This card does not have the same issue, my connection is stable and does not drop, but it does not work at all the first time I...
  4. Every time I reboot...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Every time I reboot...: Every single time I reboot, my laptop resets itself to the default Windows 10 settings and logs me out of OneDrive, I have to set up my Outlook accounts all over again, I have to change all of my default apps, etc.Help, I'm going crazy with this....
  5. Ethernet only works after reboot every other time

Ethernet only works after reboot every other time: Hello!I was having some trouble with my built-in NIC where internet would disconnect randomly, so I went and purchased a dedicated network card.This card does not have the same issue, my connection is stable and does not drop, but it does not work at all the first time I turn...
  6. Accidentally connected Ethernet cable to WAN port of router for the first time, Windows now...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally connected Ethernet cable to WAN port of router for the first time, Windows now...: I accidentally plugged my computer into the WAN port of my router Now it is plugged into a standard LAN port The connection type is still showing as "WAN Miniport" Any ideas on how to fix this? submitted by /u/NotErikUden [link] [comments]...
  7. Every time I reboot windows 10 issue.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Every time I reboot windows 10 issue.: When I get windows updates or have to reboot my pc it looks like my profile is reset. What I mean by this is that I start outlook and it asks me to re-enter my password considering that the remember password is check in the outlook configuration. Also same issue with one...
  8. Ethernet connection to router, intermittent slowdown

Ethernet connection to router, intermittent slowdown: Over the past week or so I have been having intermittent drastic slowdown in Internet connection speed. Trying to get to new webpage just hangs and when I check the speed with Speedtest it shows nothing or something like 3 kps for an 1Gbps Fios connection. Then it gets...
  9. dell tower computer and screen seems like it does not connect have all cords?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dell tower computer and screen seems like it does not connect have all cords?: if anyone can help or give info that would be nice the computer I have is a tower it turns on I don't know if anything is missing the screen turns on I think I have all cords ?...
  10. Entering Router password every time

Entering Router password every time: On both a leveno and acer aspire I have to find the router in "available networks" and then sign onto the router before it will connect to the wireless internet every time my computer sleeps or restarts. This just started this past week. Any way to get it to connect...