Windows 10: Router remote access settings?

Discus and support Router remote access settings? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear all I was looking through my Router settings, and this one confused me: Screenshot by Lightshot 1. Does it mean remote acccess to my network, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EmilDK, Apr 12, 2021.

1. EmilDK Win User

Router remote access settings?

Dear all

I was looking through my Router settings, and this one confused me:
    Screenshot by Lightshot

Does it mean remote acccess to my network, or only remote access to the router?

The setting below, does it mean, that now everyone can get access to my network or router, from the internet?
    Or is it first when the settting with HTTP 8080 is enabled?

The settings on the screenshot, are those default settings?

What else can I check in router settings, to make sure that remote access is not enabled?

Thanks in advance for replying

Best regards

:)

EmilDK, Apr 12, 2021
  2. dch53 Win User

Unable to access server via remote desktop after router change

Hi,

I manage my home theatre and music servers via remote desktop. Both have wired connections to the router.

All has been well for many years.

Recently our old modem/router was replaced with a new one. There have been no other changes.

While I can still remote into the home theatre server I am no longer able to remote into the music server:

Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer....

What I can do is:

• ping the music server
    • bring up shares on the music server on another computer
    • access the music server using TeamViewer
    Does anyone have any suggestions how I can use remote desktop to manage my music server again please?

dch53, Apr 12, 2021
  3. RuskinF Win User
    Remote Access

1. Follow these steps to disallow remote access to your PC completely:
    2. 1. Type “remote settings” into the Cortana search box. Select “Allow remote access to your computer”. This may seem counter-intuitive, but this opens the Control panel
      dialog for Remote System Properties.
    3. 2. Check “Don't Allow Remote Connections” to this Computer. You've now disabled remote access to your computer.

Try these two steps and tell us if your issue gets solved. If it does not then your PC may be infected. Use a Good antivirus to remove the infection from your device completely.

RuskinF, Apr 12, 2021
  4. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Router remote access settings? - Similar Threads - Router remote access

2. Set up remote access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up remote access.: Set up remote access. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-remote-access/0656b06e-c5e2-41b8-ad1a-872595c00e39
  3. Set up remote access.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set up remote access.: Set up remote access. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-remote-access/0656b06e-c5e2-41b8-ad1a-872595c00e39
  4. How to access router

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to access router: I cannot access my router. I keep getting an error that I am blocked by windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-router/6df174be-f781-4ca0-8ba3-bcfd7d040571
  5. Settings of Remote access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings of Remote access: laptops are Win10 enterprise version If i use remote desktop connection to remote to computer "A", using account "abc" Another personal use account "xyz" to remote to this computer, i will receive an alert and decide if let another person connect. But When I use remote...
  6. Unable to access server via remote desktop after router change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access server via remote desktop after router change: Hi, I manage my home theatre and music servers via remote desktop. Both have wired connections to the router. All has been well for many years. Recently our old modem/router was replaced with a new one. There have been no other changes. While I can still remote into...
  7. Trouble setting up Remote Access

Trouble setting up Remote Access: Hi, Remote Connection tells me I can't have a blank password. But I cannot see where to put a password into the target computer. Is a new User a/c with password needed? However the User Accounts page doesn't show a "Create New User" option. Thanks for any help. 117238
  8. Can't access router.

Can't access router.: MY configuration: I an trying to adjust to a recent change in my home network. I have Comcast phone, TV and Internet. The Comcast modem/router/Tele connection is in the basement. To have strong wireless upstairs, on the 2nd floor -- at the other end of the cable -- is another...
  9. Trade exchange virus + Unable to access router settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trade exchange virus + Unable to access router settings: Hello everyone! I am facing Trade Exchange virus which creates additional tabs while using browser. I did some research on internet and have tried few methods (Malwarebytes & Adware Removal Tool), but to no help. I read somewhere that this actually is a DNS settings...
  10. 2 speed router settings not visible or accessible

2 speed router settings not visible or accessible: I have an ASUS 2 speed router - it worked fine in Win 7, allowing me to target the 5.2 MHz stream toward my TV for streaming, and use the 2.5 MHz speed for the computers, tablets & phones. Well, I lost my motherboard, and purchased a CPU with Windows 10. I cannot tell what...