Windows 10: Router requiring a security exception in the browser to proceed

Discus and support Router requiring a security exception in the browser to proceed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All of a sudden since last week I cannot access my Verizon FiOS router without making a security exception. When I go to myfiosgateway.com/#/login, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rivre, Mar 12, 2019.

1. rivre Win User

Router requiring a security exception in the browser to proceed

All of a sudden since last week I cannot access my Verizon FiOS router without making a security exception. When I go to myfiosgateway.com/#/login, or 192.168.1.1, I get the following:

"Verizon takes your privacy and internet security seriously. To better ensure security, Your router is automatically being redirected to https://myfiosgateway.com. The redirected site is protected with a self-signed certificate, and your internet browser will prompt you with a security warning to accept the router's self-signed certificate before proceeding. This is a standard prompt for any self-signed certificate to help ensure the security of your internet connection."

From there, I have to hit proceed, then add a security exception in my browser, to proceed to the router.

Why is this happening all of a sudden? I tried turning off the router and back on, but it still does it.

:)

rivre, Mar 12, 2019
  2. silkstone Win User

Router behind a router = more secure?

Thanks.

So it is more secure from both exploits and brute force to have router > Router > Computers. An attacker would have to find exploits in both routers before gaining access to a network?

I'm not that worried, I just wanted to know the theory as I seem to get conflicting information. I had always assumed that having a router behind a router would be better security-wise.

I am pretty sure that my router would be on the list of those compromised in Vietnam by malware. The malware only changed the primary DNS for the router, so I would still not be immune to this kind of attack if someone gained access to my internet facing router, but it got me thinking more about security.

silkstone, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Nitb Win User
    Windows Firefox Security Exception Window resizing itself

The issue is acknowledged by Firefox and is tracked by bug

1441304 - Security Exception Window resizes.

Update:
    The original Firefox bug used to track the issue is: 1424311 - Clicking Get Certificate causes the Add Security Exception window to expand indefinitely.

The issue is fixed in Firefox release 60, so upgrade the Firefox once the release is available.

4. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Router requiring a security exception in the browser to proceed - Similar Threads - Router requiring security

2. Security settings and Personal Vault require a security key, except none is set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security settings and Personal Vault require a security key, except none is set up: Hello,I recently switched my phone which had the authenticator app, and now everything that required access through the authenticator verification is messed up as the settings haven't transferred properly. I was trying to access my account security settings earlier and I was...
  3. Security settings and Personal Vault require a security key, except none is set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security settings and Personal Vault require a security key, except none is set up: Hello,I recently switched my phone which had the authenticator app, and now everything that required access through the authenticator verification is messed up as the settings haven't transferred properly. I was trying to access my account security settings earlier and I was...
  4. Security settings and Personal Vault require a security key, except none is set up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. No Browsers Open Except Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Browsers Open Except Edge: Excuse me for sounding a bit flustered here, but I'm genuinely at my wits end with this shit. I decided tonight I was going to improve my internet security. I got LastPass for storing passwords, and ExpressVPN as a... well, VPN. Out of nowhere after doing these two things,...
  6. Securing WIFI router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Securing WIFI router: My wifi router is not secure from others using. How do I secure my WIFI router? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/securing-wifi-router/5b669316-84a4-40c5-bcc6-804a63619872
  7. WiFi/Router Security

WiFi/Router Security: Hello everybody! I have a concern that someone is accessing my wifi without my permission. I haven't given anyone my password and I keep seeing a hotspot connection that is linked to my wifi. This troubles me because I have checked all my wifi capable devices and none of them...
  8. Requirement about Opening Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Requirement about Opening Browser: Hello, I want to avoid a Web control when I opted a browser. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/requirement-about-opening-browser/c2da6fde-fbcc-4655-a9b8-fd6c355fd894
  9. Security Concerns of Consumer Routers / Some Commercial Routers

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Security Concerns of Consumer Routers / Some Commercial Routers: I am an IT guy, so security is constantly on my mind -- I would like feed back as well some input and opinions into this injustice done by major manufacturers. This is the fact that major manufacturers of Consumer Routers (Mostly) are building in "Default" back doors to these...
  10. Help required with Networking/router

Help required with Networking/router: Hope someone can help. I'm getting to grips with my new Cambridge CXN streamer. I'm ok with connecting an external USB stick to my PC as the CXN recognises this through my Windows 10 library. However, when I connect the stick to my (BT) router, although Windows sees...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant access my verizon router redirected

2. The redirected site is protected with a self-signed certificate and your internet browser will prompt you with a security warning to accept the routers self-signed certificate before proceeding. This is a standard prompt for any self-signed certifi