Windows 10: router seems to reset

Discus and support router seems to reset in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why does my wireless router flash all lights at once?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by richardsantucci, Jun 5, 2019.

1. router seems to reset

Why does my wireless router flash all lights at once?

:)

richardsantucci, Jun 5, 2019
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Ikaruga Win User
    router logs DoS attack from a local PC....

Well you did not say that you don't really know what you are doing. It's not a problem of course, but it changes things a little.

It's not even clear if the PC or the router is the problem at this time, so I suggested that you disable some unnecessary things which are usually known to cause many problems, sorry if those were too complicated.

• You could reset some network related stuffz on the PC as a next step. Open an elevated command prompt (run as administrator), and enter the followings on the PC:
      netsh int ip reset reset.log
      netsh int ipv6 reset
      netsh winsock reset
      netsh branchcache reset
      netsh advfirewall reset
      (note: You can export your current firewall rules in the "group policy" before the reset if it's needed for some reason)

• Btw, Would it be a problem to reset the router to the default settings if the things we are trying will not help? There is a menu point for that called "factory settings" (and also a little hole on the back if you prefer that one).. the Administrator username in the router after the reset would be admin and the password is probably on a sticker at the bottom of the router (special settings needed to go online with your ISP might be also necessary)
      This is not needed now (not yet), but perhaps the source of the problem is at the router and not the PC in question, so we may come to that eventually.
    ps.: Do you have a second network card you could test in that PC and a different cable to rule out some hardware issues on the PC side?

Ikaruga, Jun 5, 2019
  4. ex_reven Win User

router seems to reset

Router Setup Question

Firstly, are you trying to connect to the router via a wireless adapter or are you directly hooked into the router? Some routers dont allow you to configure them remotely (using wireless, or configuring it from a computer not directly connected to it with cable).

Did you follow all the instructions step by step, correctly? Routers are very picky and sometimes need to be reset if you disconnect/connect modems, power and other connections from them in different orders.

If the above dont work, Reset the router by removing the power cable and waiting a few seconds and try again.

ex_reven, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

router seems to reset

1. router seems to reset - Similar Threads - router seems reset

2. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN browser errors after router factory reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN browser errors after router factory reset: I factory reset my router (and updated firmware to latest) in attempt to solve a monthly router freeze (Netgear R8000 router). At one point, I had DSL internet and switched to cable internet, and with DSL I changed some router settings specific to DSL (dialing/login). I had...
  3. Slow wifi only fixed with router reset

Slow wifi only fixed with router reset: Hi, I am running a windows surface 3 laptop spec as below every week or two the wifi connection seems to be throttled with a ping speed of 100's ms, download speed of 4/5 mbps, upload speed of 1 mbps. No other device on the network is affected and restarting the laptop,...
  4. Can’t seem to reset PC... help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t seem to reset PC... help!: Hi, windows attempted to update, and now I’m getting a looping message ‘Undoing changes made to your computer’. I can’t seem to start it in safe mode. It just doesn’t start up at all. So decided to reset the entire thing both saving my files and clearing the whole laptop,...
  5. Laptop reset does not seem to progress

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop reset does not seem to progress: Hello, After encountering issues with my new laptop kept crashing, bought it only 2 months ago, I was advised to try and reset it. I started the reset process almost 7 hours ago and it does not seem to progress. It looks like something is loading see photo attached for...
  6. Seemingly random resets on laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Seemingly random resets on laptop.: Title says it all really, my laptop randomly resets. Below is how it says my specs in settings. Specs: Processor AMD Ryzen 3 2200U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.50 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB Device ID ____________ Product ID _____________ System Type 64-bit operating system,...
  7. Reset Router No Longer Sure If I Am Secure

Reset Router No Longer Sure If I Am Secure: I must have at some point changed my router/ modem login info from the default admin/password combo to something else but I could not remember it and I could not log into my router by going to 192.168.0.1 so for the first time I pressed the reset button and set it to factory...
  8. Router

Router: Hi guys, When I try to connect to my WiFi, it asks for a network security key. (This is Windows 10, by the way) It also says that I can connect by pushing a button on my router. I'm not exceptionally good with computers and tech, so I'm sorry if this is a stupid...
  9. Nightly reset for modem and router.

Nightly reset for modem and router.: Is it ok to do nightly resets on my router and modem? Im making "network closet" which will hold my Nighthawk x6 and surfboard modem. I never thought about resetting them on a nightly basic tell now. this way i can flush them fresh every morning. or is this pointless? 89858
  10. Cold Reboot Resets Router

Cold Reboot Resets Router: This has started since the updates the other day. A power up boot (not a restart) does a router reset, not just of the Ethernet line, the whole kit and caboodle, including the external link. It happens in the first Windows startup phase i.e. when the smaller blue 'flag' is...