Windows 10: Router upgrade - unable to ping network PC (but can ping in revers)

Discus and support Router upgrade - unable to ping network PC (but can ping in revers) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Version 2004 I have 2 computers (Dell and Lenovo) on my home network, which were connected to a Netgear router via ethernet cable. I had enabled file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by larrens, Oct 15, 2020.

1. larrens Win User

Router upgrade - unable to ping network PC (but can ping in revers)

Version 2004

I have 2 computers (Dell and Lenovo) on my home network, which were connected to a Netgear router via ethernet cable.
    I had enabled file / print sharing across these and was able to access files on the hard drives on the respective PCs.

Yesterday I replaced the Netgear router with a TP-Link Deco M5 mesh router.
    I used an old TP Link router set up in Access Point mode (IP changed outside range of Deco and DHCP disabled) to use as a wired switch which I have connected the Dell and Lenovo to.

I connected this as follows: Modem - - - Deco (master) - - - TP Link Router (as wired access point) - - - Deco (slave)

All devices are working. I can access the internet from both PCs, and all wireless devices work fine.

The only issue I have is that I am unable to access the files on the Lenovo from the Dell. I get a network error.

The Lenovo's IP address is 192.168.68.105. I can ping the Dell successfully from Lenovo.
    The Dell's IP address is 192.168.68.107. When I ping the Lenovo from Dell it timesout. I can ping other wireless devices on my from the Dell successfully.

I checked sharing settings - all ok.
    I turned the firewalls off on both and Dell > Lenovo ping still timesout.
    I looked in Services.msc and DNS, Function Device Provider Host / Resource Publication, SSDP Discovery and UPnP Device Host are all running and automatic.

Any ideas or suggestions as to why this works one way but not the other, and what I can do to enable sharing again?

Thx.

:)

larrens, Oct 15, 2020
  2. cheesy999 Win User

BF3- Cant see ping (PC)

no, i don't think it's those, as i've actually managed to see my ping time list working once or twice, but like the way the game crashes once or twice a day, this list of ping times doesn't work too

cheesy999, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Ping - General Failure

I have a laptop (.193) that connects to my home network through a wireless access point (.162). I can access the internet and I can ping out (google.com and 8.8.8.8). I cannot ping anything in my network, including the gateway. Everything, including the
    laptop is static IP. I have a NAS (.143), that I was able to map to but I cannot ping to it. I installed a networked printer (.144) and the software found the device but I cannot ping it. I tried plugging the laptop in using an Ethernet cable (.194) but
    still no luck. I tried disabling ipv6 using the CMD, still no luck. I don't know how long this has been going on because I can access the internet. I only found it because I tried connecting to the NAS and connecting a networked printer. I'm running McAfee
    LiveSafe on all computers (including the laptop). I disabled the firewall utility and still could not ping.

I can ping all listed devices, including the gateway, from the computer I am on now (.190). This is my main computer and it is wired. I've looked at several forums and none of the steps seem to work.

Address range: 172.21.3.100-172.21.3.200

Router: Unifi USG

Switch: Cisco SG250

Access Point: Unifi AP AC Pro

Modem -> Router -> Switch -> AP -> Laptop

Michael_Noerr, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Tallscott Win User

Unable to ping router after update

Hi Tim,

I've had issues with my network on a surface pro 4, I was getting a DHCP address but could not ping my router. I went back to the previous version and it all worked fine. Installed the update again, removed any VPN apps I had then switched my firewall back
    on (it had previously been off). Switching the firewall back on allowed me to ping the router and get connectivity. Switching it off again (public and private) brought the issue back.

Regards,

Scott

*** Post moved to the appropriate category ***

Tallscott, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Router upgrade - unable to ping network PC (but can ping in revers) - Similar Threads - Router upgrade unable

2. Unable to ping machine connected to the same network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to ping machine connected to the same network: Hello Support, I have a windows 2016 server machine running on vmware 6.7, it's connected to the internet just fine. I can ping 8.8.8.8, the gateway, and all network configurations are in order. However, if i want to connect to it by remote desktop. I get an error telling me...
  3. Unable to ping machine connected to the same network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to ping machine connected to the same network: Hello Support, I have a windows 2016 server machine running on vmware 6.7, it's connected to the internet just fine. I can ping 8.8.8.8, the gateway, and all network configurations are in order. However, if i want to connect to it by remote desktop. I get an error telling me...
  4. Unable to ping hostname in diffrent network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to ping hostname in diffrent network: I have win server A 2016 its IP 192.168.1. 20 this IP pingable through the local network with hostname & IP..Now I have a site to so site VPN and the second site network was 192.168.0.0/24 Machine Win10in this network Is able to reach A site network though IP but not from...
  5. Unable to ping hostname in diffrent network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to ping hostname in diffrent network: I have win server A 2016 its IP 192.168.1. 20 this IP pingable through the local network with hostname & IP..Now I have a site to so site VPN and the second site network was 192.168.0.0/24 Machine Win10in this network Is able to reach A site network though IP but not from...
  6. Unable to ping hostname in diffrent network

7. Network Ping Spikes

Network Ping Spikes: Network ping spiking Occurs on all devices connected to the network I am suspecting it's the router considering its 3+ years old but i don't know [ATTACH][ATTACH] Sometimes the spike can be as bad as the image above, 3 request timed outs, during this time the internet is...
  8. How Can A Notebook Be On The Lan But Not Seen By Router or Ping?

How Can A Notebook Be On The Lan But Not Seen By Router or Ping?: My son's school laptop works fine at home so it's on the lan alright, using the router. But the router doesn't list it. And I can't ping it. And it doesn't ping my machine at home ipconfig on his machine says 192.168.0.200 which is our lan subnet alright. when he...
  9. How Can A Notebook Be On The Lan But Not Seen By Router or Ping?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Can A Notebook Be On The Lan But Not Seen By Router or Ping?: My son's school laptop works fine at home so it's on the lan alright, using the router. But the router doesn't list it. And I can't ping it. And it doesn't ping my machine at home ipconfig on his machine says 192.168.0.200 which is our lan subnet alright. when he...
  10. Cannot see router (192.168.0.1) but can ping ok

Cannot see router (192.168.0.1) but can ping ok: Having network problems. I cannot connect to my router(192.168.0.1). However I can ping the device ok. Any ideas would be appreciated. 105641