Windows 10: Router wi-fi won't connect to some devices

Discus and support Router wi-fi won't connect to some devices in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an Asus router (a good one) which is hard-wired to 4 devices. It also has wi-fi turned on - both on 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz bands. My iPad and an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nisko, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Nisko Win User

Router wi-fi won't connect to some devices

I have an Asus router (a good one) which is hard-wired to 4 devices. It also has wi-fi turned on - both on 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz bands. My iPad and an iPhone connect to both bands with no problem. However, I can't connect to my Android smartphone or a PC laptop on either band. Both of these devices are quite close to the router. I can see where these devices are trying to obtain an IP address - but once they do, they immediately disconnect. Possibilities?

:)

Nisko, Jan 11, 2018

2. Asus laptop does not connect to internet via wifi just if the ethernet cable is on

Hello Lucy,

Thank you for getting back to us with an update.

Network security key is the secret password of your Wi-Fi connection. Suggest you to enter the password of your Wi-Fi to establish connection with the Wi-Fi. If you don't remember the password, refer the Router or Modem device manual to reset the password.
    Some Router has a feature which will bypass the passcode by clicking a button on the Router.

For example: When you're asked to enter the password while connecting to Wi-Fi, then by pressing a button on Router will connect your device to it automatically without need of password.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jan 11, 2018
  3. "Can't connect to this network" problem

Hello, i have spent more then 5 hours trying to solve the problem, here's a quick summary of it.

My PC won't connect to the Wi-Fi, it is Wireless and i tried plugging it to the router and, it did not work.

All of my other devices can run the Wi-Fi perfectly fine. My PC is the only one to not connect to it. The Wi-Fi is detected and secured. I put the password and it displays "Can't connect to this network".

I have restarted the PC numerous times, Forgot the Network, Disabled and Enabled Wireless Network Connection, Restarted the Router and Motem 2 times but it still won't connect to the Wi-Fi.

I did the same for the other devices and they connect without problems.

I migrated to Windows 10. 11 months ago, the problem occured today (May 29th 2016)

I would gratefully appreciate help !

Gumballans, Jan 11, 2018
  4. Router wi-fi won't connect to some devices

Evening.

Wouldn't hurt to power cycle router. Unplug, wait 10 secs, plug in.

Next I would do is forget the networks on both the Android and laptop and retry connection password.

I have a situation where Android would not stay connected to a router using WEP security. If you are using please change it to something more secure.

For laptop I would head to manufacture's web site and get their driver. Confirm driver number in device manager before and after install to confirm the change has taken. If it works for a while on laptop and stops check driver version again. If it has been updated you need to stop Windows driver updates.

Once you have drive installed please open up the properties of the adapter in Device Manager, click on the Power Management tab and remove the check mark on the line" Allow this computer to shut off device to save power" (words to that effect).

By chance you aren't using static IP's on either of these devices, that is address you set. Normally you want the router to hand out addresses.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jan 11, 2018
  5. Nisko Win User
    Thanks, Ken. Unfortunately, it will probably be next week before I can try your suggestions. I'll reply again when I get the results.

Nisko, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Router wi-fi won't connect to some devices

1. Router wi-fi won't connect to some devices - Similar Threads - Router won't connect

2. Computer Won't Connect to Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Won't Connect to Wi-Fi: HelloI am trying to troubleshoot my friends laptop. It will connect to her neighbors Wi-Fi. She can connect to her Wi-Fi on other devices, but she cannot connect to her own Wi-Fi on this computer. We have tried multiple troubleshooting solutions but nothing is working. Tried...
  3. Computer Won't Connect to Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Won't Connect to Wi-Fi: HelloI am trying to troubleshoot my friends laptop. It will connect to her neighbors Wi-Fi. She can connect to her Wi-Fi on other devices, but she cannot connect to her own Wi-Fi on this computer. We have tried multiple troubleshooting solutions but nothing is working. Tried...
  4. Computer Won't Connect to Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My Wi-Fi is connected but won't connect to the internet. Other devices connected can...

My Wi-Fi is connected but won't connect to the internet. Other devices connected can...: Other devices connect just fine to the network. I've reset the network settings, I've rebooted the router. Only thing that works is bridging a network from router - phone - laptop. Please help me....
  6. My Wi-Fi is connected but won't connect to the internet. Other devices connected can...

My Wi-Fi is connected but won't connect to the internet. Other devices connected can...: Other devices connect just fine to the network. I've reset the network settings, I've rebooted the router. Only thing that works is bridging a network from router - phone - laptop. Please help me....
  7. Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter is not connecting the router.

Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter is not connecting the router.: Hellowhen I trying to connect to the Wi-Fi it's not connect and showing "can't connect to the network". Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter is not connecting the router for the first time I opened the windows10. When I disable the driver and enabled it will working fine,...
  8. Laptop Won't Connect To Wi-Fi Automatically

Laptop Won't Connect To Wi-Fi Automatically: This is has only started happening since I upgraded to Windows 10 Version 2004. Even though I place a tick in the "Connect Automatically" check box, it never connects automatically after a restart. I have tried Googling for ideas, but nothing that I have found works. Any...
  9. Sky router and wi fi problems.

Sky router and wi fi problems.: I recently changed my graphics from an AD Radeon to an Nvidea Geoforce graphics card and I have since not been able to connect my pc to the Internet. I run my sky router by lead direct from my pc but it doesn't want to connect. It is most frustrating, as the wifi is working...
  10. No Wi-Fi through router but other Wi-Fi devices work

No Wi-Fi through router but other Wi-Fi devices work: Hi folks! As the title suggests, and I'm sure my post count will confirm, this is my first post on the forums here. I'm having issues after an OS recovery with one of my Windows 10 machines. When I attempt to connect to my wireless router, it shows "Connected, Secured" but...