Windows 10: Router wi-fi won't connect to some devices

Discus and support Router wi-fi won't connect to some devices in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an Asus router (a good one) which is hard-wired to 4 devices. It also has wi-fi turned on - both on 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz bands. My iPad and an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nisko, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Nisko Win User

Router wi-fi won't connect to some devices

I have an Asus router (a good one) which is hard-wired to 4 devices. It also has wi-fi turned on - both on 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz bands. My iPad and an iPhone connect to both bands with no problem. However, I can't connect to my Android smartphone or a PC laptop on either band. Both of these devices are quite close to the router. I can see where these devices are trying to obtain an IP address - but once they do, they immediately disconnect. Possibilities?

:)

Nisko, Jan 11, 2018

2. Asus laptop does not connect to internet via wifi just if the ethernet cable is on

Hello Lucy,

Thank you for getting back to us with an update.

Network security key is the secret password of your Wi-Fi connection. Suggest you to enter the password of your Wi-Fi to establish connection with the Wi-Fi. If you don't remember the password, refer the Router or Modem device manual to reset the password.
    Some Router has a feature which will bypass the passcode by clicking a button on the Router.

For example: When you're asked to enter the password while connecting to Wi-Fi, then by pressing a button on Router will connect your device to it automatically without need of password.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jan 11, 2018
  3. "Can't connect to this network" problem

Hello, i have spent more then 5 hours trying to solve the problem, here's a quick summary of it.

My PC won't connect to the Wi-Fi, it is Wireless and i tried plugging it to the router and, it did not work.

All of my other devices can run the Wi-Fi perfectly fine. My PC is the only one to not connect to it. The Wi-Fi is detected and secured. I put the password and it displays "Can't connect to this network".

I have restarted the PC numerous times, Forgot the Network, Disabled and Enabled Wireless Network Connection, Restarted the Router and Motem 2 times but it still won't connect to the Wi-Fi.

I did the same for the other devices and they connect without problems.

I migrated to Windows 10. 11 months ago, the problem occured today (May 29th 2016)

I would gratefully appreciate help !

Gumballans, Jan 11, 2018
  4. Router wi-fi won't connect to some devices

Evening.

Wouldn't hurt to power cycle router. Unplug, wait 10 secs, plug in.

Next I would do is forget the networks on both the Android and laptop and retry connection password.

I have a situation where Android would not stay connected to a router using WEP security. If you are using please change it to something more secure.

For laptop I would head to manufacture's web site and get their driver. Confirm driver number in device manager before and after install to confirm the change has taken. If it works for a while on laptop and stops check driver version again. If it has been updated you need to stop Windows driver updates.

Once you have drive installed please open up the properties of the adapter in Device Manager, click on the Power Management tab and remove the check mark on the line" Allow this computer to shut off device to save power" (words to that effect).

By chance you aren't using static IP's on either of these devices, that is address you set. Normally you want the router to hand out addresses.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jan 11, 2018
  5. Nisko Win User
    Thanks, Ken. Unfortunately, it will probably be next week before I can try your suggestions. I'll reply again when I get the results.

Nisko, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Router wi-fi won't connect to some devices

1. Router wi-fi won't connect to some devices - Similar Threads - Router won't connect

2. Wi-Fi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi connection: Every time I start my computer after not using it for a while, it doesn't automatically connect to my wifi, but instead, it shows a small monitor icon with a cable on the left side and a red X mark on the lower right. As I click the icon it shows "No Connections are...
  3. wi-fi connection

wi-fi connection: My wife's computer is running Windows 10 same as this one but it doesn't have the capability to connect with wi fi. is there an app that I can purchase and download to a thumb drive so that I can transfer to the other computer....
  4. Will not connect to Wi-Fi

Will not connect to Wi-Fi: Can anyone please help me? About 1 week ago my HP Pavillion x360 suddenly disconnected from the Wi-fi. The Wi-fi bars were empty with a little red X. I ended up restarting the computer and it reconnected. The next day it did this again and I deleted the Wi-fi driver...
  5. Wi Fi connections

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi Fi connections: My laptop connection to the WIFI hub disconnects when I connect an HP 1200 printer and vice versa. I can only use one or the other at one time. It was working fine until today and not sure what might have changed....
  6. Wi-Fi Connectivity

Wi-Fi Connectivity: After Windows 10 upgrade on my HP P7-1420t I lost my ability to connect to Wi-Fi. Network Adapters listed in Device Manager: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Wan Miniports - IKEv2, IP, IPv6, L2TP, PPPOE, PPTP, SSTP and Network Monitor. Any help in regaining my Wi-Fi...
  7. No wi fi connection

No wi fi connection: Cannot open wi fi on my sony vaio. Laptop recently updated and now shows wi fi as switched off. Have tried all network connections but cannot find a way to switch wi fi on. Help please 85760
  8. No Wi-Fi through router but other Wi-Fi devices work

No Wi-Fi through router but other Wi-Fi devices work: Hi folks! As the title suggests, and I'm sure my post count will confirm, this is my first post on the forums here. I'm having issues after an OS recovery with one of my Windows 10 machines. When I attempt to connect to my wireless router, it shows "Connected, Secured" but...
  9. No wi-fi connection

No wi-fi connection: This isn't specifically about Win10, but maybe someone can help. This morning when I tried to go online with Wi-Fi on my desktop, it said there was no connection. Something about no IP name. It worked fine last night. The modem is not the problem, it worked fine on my tablet....
  10. Wi-Fi not connecting

Wi-Fi not connecting: Have been having this issue of not getting Wi-Fi connect on login lately... [img] Each time I need to do the following to get connected Code: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> ipconfig /flushdns Windows IP Configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache. PS...