Windows 10: Row of 1 or 2 pixels on second screen

Discus and support Row of 1 or 2 pixels on second screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Whenever I have a program eg. discord set to maximize on my second monitor, it will still show a small portion, about 1 or 2 pixels on my main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by raymond van someren, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Row of 1 or 2 pixels on second screen

Hi,

Whenever I have a program eg. discord set to maximize on my second monitor, it will still show a small portion, about 1 or 2 pixels on my main screen. I was wondering what the cause of this issue is, and if any of you know how to fix it?

See photo

Row of 1 or 2 pixels on second screen [​IMG]

I hope that any of you can help me and thanks in advance.

:)

raymond van someren, Nov 22, 2020

2. Second monitor appears pixelated sometimes

Before we get started, here might be some setup information that may be worth noting. My primary monitor is a 1080p, 1920 x 1080 (native) using an HDMI to DVI. My secondary monitor is a SONY TV 1360 x 768 (native) using an HDMI. Both are connected to my graphics card and not the motherboard. I have always had this setup but I have not always had this issue.

Preforming the following actions may cause my second monitor to appear pixelated.
    • Getting a web browser out of maximized mode by click dragging the window or using the restore button
    • Using full screen on the secondary monitor
    • Dragging a window into the second monitor, sometimes

In order to temporarily solve this issue I must apply a change to any display using the Nvidia Control Panel. Using the Windows display settings to apply a change does not always fix the issue. Also note that after the second monitor goes pixelated, my computer does not detect a change in any display's resolution settings.

So far I have tried the following fixes to no avail
    • Keeping display drivers up to date
    • Using a DDU to wipe display drivers clean and start anew
    • Using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter

I have tried to use capture software to screenshot the pixelation but it can not see it. I have to use a camera to show what it looks like instead.
    Before:

After:

Capture software is not capable of detecting the pixelation so I have recreated what it looks like on screen. Use this as reverence if the pictures look bad.
    Before:

After:

Tjaekazuta, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Xogroroth Win User
    Toolbar from 1 to 2 rows in Taskbar

Hail:

I have my taskbar set up with the normal icons on top in the first toolbar.
    Added a Game toolbar, which has one row.

Tried to add a second row to it, as the first row became full.
    Several tries later in several ways, I failed to do this.

The Game toolbar keeps reverting to 1 row, or does not accept second row despite showing 2 rows (more icons added are put behind the '>> extended view').

How can I make the Game toolbar actually use 2 (or more) rows?

Thank you,
    Xog

Xogroroth, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Row of 1 or 2 pixels on second screen

2 rows in taskbar how to you change back 1 row

2 rows in taskbar how to you change back 1 row

MiltJackson, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Row of 1 or 2 pixels on second screen

1. Row of 1 or 2 pixels on second screen - Similar Threads - Row pixels second

2. 2 rows taskabar in 23H2 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 rows taskabar in 23H2 ?: Hello, I've done the 23H2 update, and since I have only 1 row on taskbar and I cant extend it anymore ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-rows-taskabar-in-23h2/54bbf450-9c70-422f-a044-1bf0e4af3db4
  3. 2 rows taskabar in 23H2 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 rows taskabar in 23H2 ?: Hello, I've done the 23H2 update, and since I have only 1 row on taskbar and I cant extend it anymore ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-rows-taskabar-in-23h2/54bbf450-9c70-422f-a044-1bf0e4af3db4
  4. My screens will only power off for 1-2 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screens will only power off for 1-2 seconds: I've recently upgraded to win11 from 10.I have 3 monitors.I've tried setting my power settings to both balanced and best.When I set the "turn your monitor OFF after..." to 1 minute or 5, they all turn off on schedule.THEN about 1.5 to 2 seconds later, they all come back on....
  5. My screens will only power off for 1-2 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screens will only power off for 1-2 seconds: I've recently upgraded to win11 from 10.I have 3 monitors.I've tried setting my power settings to both balanced and best.When I set the "turn your monitor OFF after..." to 1 minute or 5, they all turn off on schedule.THEN about 1.5 to 2 seconds later, they all come back on....
  6. Second monitor -- duplicate screen 1 and 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor -- duplicate screen 1 and 2: I have a new HP Pavilion laptop. In the display settings, I cannot select monitor 1 or 2 -- it only says "1/2." My second monitor shows a duplicate of the laptop screen, but I need to be able to teach with Zoom and see slides on one screen and participants on another.Thank...
  7. Row of flashing pixels on the bottom of taskbar that mirror the top of the screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Row of flashing pixels on the bottom of taskbar that mirror the top of the screen: I recently got a laptop with Windows 10 and there's this weird row of pixels that flash sometimes on the bottom of the screen. They sometimes don't flash, sometimes they do, and a lot of the time they disappear completely. Does anyone know what's causing this? I already...
  8. taskbar changes sizes from 1 row to 2 rows,3 rows,4 rows ect after done gaming even when locked

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar changes sizes from 1 row to 2 rows,3 rows,4 rows ect after done gaming even when locked: i have updated all my hardware and software but the taskbar changes sizes almost every time i get back from playing a game on steam or origin, and yes it is locked. maybe it bc i have to downsize my 3840x2160 desktop resolution to 1600x900 while playing most of my games and...
  9. 2 rows in taskbar how to you change back 1 row

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 rows in taskbar how to you change back 1 row: 2 rows in taskbar how to you change back 1 row https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-rows-in-taskbar-how-to-you-change-back-1-row/687a94e1-2ec7-469f-87b0-3475ae519b13
  10. Toolbar from 1 to 2 rows in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Toolbar from 1 to 2 rows in Taskbar: Hail: I have my taskbar set up with the normal icons on top in the first toolbar. Added a Game toolbar, which has one row. Tried to add a second row to it, as the first row became full. Several tries later in several ways, I failed to do this. The Game toolbar keeps...