Windows 10: Row of flashing pixels on the bottom of taskbar that mirror the top of the screen

Discus and support Row of flashing pixels on the bottom of taskbar that mirror the top of the screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently got a laptop with Windows 10 and there's this weird row of pixels that flash sometimes on the bottom of the screen. They sometimes don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wailing_wailord, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Row of flashing pixels on the bottom of taskbar that mirror the top of the screen

I recently got a laptop with Windows 10 and there's this weird row of pixels that flash sometimes on the bottom of the screen. They sometimes don't flash, sometimes they do, and a lot of the time they disappear completely. Does anyone know what's causing this?

I already updated my display drivers. Not sure what other things I can check.

Pic of problem: https://i.imgur.com/u9pDxgs.jpg

submitted by /u/wailing_wailord
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wailing_wailord, Feb 5, 2021

2. the top row is not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To better understand your query, please reply:

1. What do you mean by "top row not working" not working? Are you referring to keyboard top row keys?

I would suggest you to go to the safe mode and see if the problem persists.

To go to Safe mode follow the steps below:

• Click on Windows key, and in the Power Options click on Restart while pressing the shift key.

• A blue screen will appear with a few options.

Click on Troubleshoot > Advanced Settings > Startup Settings > Restart.

• Your system will automatically restart, press 4 or F4 key to go to the Safe Mode.
    Awaiting your response.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Feb 5, 2021
  3. ctwheels Win User
    How to hide the taskbar on the top row of screens only in Windows 10?

I have a quad-monitor setup (two stacked rows of two monitors) and a PC running Windows 10.

Problem

It's really annoying having a taskbar on the top screens as it cuts through the windows I have extending my vertical screens.

I've tried multiple configurations of the taskbar settings, but it doesn't seem to support this specific setup. I'd like to have the taskbar display on only the bottom two screens and hidden/disabled on the top two screens.

The closest I can come to this setup is having the taskbar only show on my main display or put the taskbars in auto-hide mode. While these somewhat work, I find it quite annoying switching between windows with auto-hide or having the taskbar only shown on my main display (breaking my neck every time I need to switch windows on display 1).

Notes (relating to image below):

• Main display is display 4 (highlighted in blue)
    • I want the taskbar on displays 4 & 3 (as indicated with the green boxes)

Row of flashing pixels on the bottom of taskbar that mirror the top of the screen JLM6w.png

Question

How can I show the taskbar on only the bottom two screens while having it disabled or hidden on the top two screens?

ctwheels, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Row of flashing pixels on the bottom of taskbar that mirror the top of the screen

How to keep Windows 10 taskbar on top all windows

FIXED for me - I noticed the bottom few rows of pixels were missing off the bottom of the screen. The mouse was stopping at the last row of pixels, not disappearing down to where the taskbar would be. There was apparently a problem with my screen resolution
    or registration.

I changed my screen resolution, then changed it back to the recommended setting (native resolution) and my taskbar is now accessible.

GaryWheatcroft1, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Row of flashing pixels on the bottom of taskbar that mirror the top of the screen

1. Row of flashing pixels on the bottom of taskbar that mirror the top of the screen - Similar Threads - Row flashing pixels

2. Screen top part reflects to the bottom of the screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen top part reflects to the bottom of the screen: *Sorry for my bad english*Windows 10I have an asus VG258q monitor.As the title says my screen is reflecting the top part to the bottom part.I already tried to update/uninstall my graphics drivers, monitor drivers, changing resolutions, changing monitor hz, creating new...
  3. Top, bottom, and center taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Top, bottom, and center taskbar icons: The icons are located at the bottom of the taskbar. How to center the taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/top-bottom-and-center-taskbar-icons/e518f69b-1fd9-4130-b663-4097df5dff91
  4. Top, bottom, and center taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Top, bottom, and center taskbar icons: The icons are located at the bottom of the taskbar. How to center the taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/top-bottom-and-center-taskbar-icons/e518f69b-1fd9-4130-b663-4097df5dff91
  5. Bottom of screen flickering the top of the screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bottom of screen flickering the top of the screen: Hello, I am having a similar problem to this question asked, but on my surface pro 4 device's monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-flickering-at-the-half-bottom-of-the-screen/57e0df49-cfb1-41a5-8fb0-688fc1fead3d However none of the...
  6. I can't get rid of this flashing row of pixels on the bottom of my screen. Tried updating...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't get rid of this flashing row of pixels on the bottom of my screen. Tried updating...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/wailing_wailord [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/le0dp9/i_cant_get_rid_of_this_flashing_row_of_pixels_on/
  7. Row of 1 or 2 pixels on second screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Row of 1 or 2 pixels on second screen: Hi, Whenever I have a program eg. discord set to maximize on my second monitor, it will still show a small portion, about 1 or 2 pixels on my main screen. I was wondering what the cause of this issue is, and if any of you know how to fix it? See photo [IMG] I hope that...
  8. Screen bumping and mirroring top and bottom.

Screen bumping and mirroring top and bottom.: I used to alt tab a lot and there was delays when switching from games to desktop but now tht delay is gone. Its like monitors trying to jam in game and desktop screen at the same time. submitted by /u/glaive09 [link] [comments]...
  9. Bottom rows pixels of taskbar flicker when un/hiding with dual monitor?

Bottom rows pixels of taskbar flicker when un/hiding with dual monitor?: I have an Aero 15 X9 with an UHD 630 integrated GPU and an RTX 2070 MaxQ discrete GPU on Win 10 Pro 1909. Today, I noticed that when I am using dual monitors the bottom of the taskbar flickers when hiding/unhiding. Is this a Windows glitch or a me glitch? When I mean flicker,...
  10. Taskbar switches from top to bottom?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar switches from top to bottom?: Windows 10 home 1909 fully up to date. I often find that the taskbar switches from the top of my dual monitor display (desktop PC) to the bottom on both displays even though I have the taskbars locked and setup correctly in settings. Anyone else having this problem? And is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one line of pixel blipping under taskbar windows 10