Windows 10: RPC from Windows client to Linux server

Discus and support RPC from Windows client to Linux server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am not sure if this is the best place to ask this question. However, I am at the end of my rope here. I need to rpc from a windows 10 client... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NutnFancy15, Oct 24, 2018.

1. RPC from Windows client to Linux server

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the best place to ask this question. However, I am at the end of my rope here. I need to rpc from a windows 10 client to a linux (RHEL 7) server. I am very new to rpc (must be DCE RPC), so If you have a working example (hello world maybe?) that would be very helpful. I have seen this post: RPC from Windows to linux which says to use Samba, however I tried, and to no avail, did not come up with anything. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

:)

NutnFancy15, Oct 24, 2018

2. RPC Server Error on Login - New Windows Update

Hi Goutham,

An RPF server is a communications inface provided by an application or service that allows remote clients to connect, pass commands, and transfer data using the RPC protocol. A typical example of an RPC server is
    Microsoft Exchange Server. The issue that you are encountering is better suited for the IT Pro audience on TechNet. Have said that, we suggest that you post your questions in

TechNet Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment forum

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Janeane Cru, Oct 24, 2018
  3. SarahKong Win User
    RPC Server unavailable

Where do you back to?

RPC server unavailable means the network connection that you use is not available and this can be for many reasons.

See link below explaining further what i mean.

http://techgenix.com/troubleshoot-rpc-server-un...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

SarahKong, Oct 24, 2018
  4. Georgian Win User

RPC from Windows client to Linux server

Linux Remote Administrator with Windows compatible client?

hi guys,
    I am looking for something like Remote Administrator for Linux, but one which has windows client, for controlling whole remote server without me having to install linux on local pc.
    does anything like that exist?!
    thanks in advance *Toast :toast:

Georgian, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

RPC from Windows client to Linux server

1. RPC from Windows client to Linux server - Similar Threads - RPC client Linux

2. RPC server unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RPC server unavailable: I am attempting to restore my Windows 10 PC using a system image on a connected disk. After initiating the restore process, it quickly stopped, showing this message:The system image restore failedError details: The RPC server is unavailable. 0x800706BAThis system image...
  3. RPC server.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RPC server.: What is the problem if your PC says that the RPC server is not available when signing in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rpc-server/64c0f6b1-6916-483e-93ac-a1c707bc91aa
  4. RPC server.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RPC server.: What is the problem if your PC says that the RPC server is not available when signing in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rpc-server/64c0f6b1-6916-483e-93ac-a1c707bc91aa
  5. The RPC server is unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The RPC server is unavailable: As I logged onto my computer this morning a message popped saying "the rpc server is unavailable", I couldn't log into my computer because of this message; however, I pressed the restart button on my pc case and everything worked fine the message didn't pop up and I could...
  6. The RPC server is unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The RPC server is unavailable: As I logged onto my computer this morning a message popped saying "the rpc server is unavailable", I couldn't log into my computer because of this message; however, I pressed the restart button on my pc case and everything worked fine the message didn't pop up and I could...
  7. "RPC server unavailable"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "RPC server unavailable": Hello, So lately I've been using my computer quite a bit but suddenly today when I tried turning on my computer it would get to the signing in screen, then the "Welcome" loading screen, I enter my password and right after instead of opening the desktop it gives me an error...
  8. The RPC server is unavailable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The RPC server is unavailable: Hi I'm working on an OPC DA application which use DCOM. Since the windows 10 update 1903, my OPC DA client cannot more connect to the server this worked well with the 1803. Here is the obtained error message: "The RPC server is unavailable. Please check if the COM...
  9. Rpc server is unavailable

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Rpc server is unavailable: Hello, So suddenly i got this error " the RPC server is unavailable" and it stopped me from logging into my pc. After searching the internet for a while there were these solutions where in one should run the cmd through windows key + R and restarting by pressing shift key...
  10. The RPC Server is Unavailable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The RPC Server is Unavailable: Whenever I try to create a system image with Backup and restore (Windows 7) I would receive this error - The RPC Server is Unavailable (0x800706BE) Just installed Windows (fresh install)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error in rpc excution in unix

2. windows 10 1909 wsl linux dbus rpc errors

3. wsl cntos rpc errors

4. RPC linux windows,
  5. windows subsystem for linux rpc,
  6. RPC from PC to linux board