Windows 10: RPCRT4.dll System Error

Discus and support RPCRT4.dll System Error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am receiving this code on both start up and when trying to start almost every program: "The code execution cannot proceed because RPCRT4.dll was not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IBillbe, Oct 4, 2018.

1. IBillbe Win User

RPCRT4.dll System Error

I am receiving this code on both start up and when trying to start almost every program: "The code execution cannot proceed because RPCRT4.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." and at the top of the dialog box it will have "the program name.exe - System Error" and it does that for almost everything I try to load. RPCRT4.dll System Error b01b9766-0c7e-4f58-8436-19b84d2adb0d?upload=true.png

I have seen the following in the title bar so far:

AGCInvokerutility.exe

onedrive.exe

MSACCESS.exe

AcroRd32.exe

werfault.exe

BRlauncher.exe

Awezip.exe

excel.exe

winword.exe

powerpnt.exe

mspub.exe

spotifymigrator.exe

icloud.exe

I am currently using ASUS K52F Laptop which is currently running Windows 10 Home Version 1803 OS Build 17134.285. (Sticker on bottom of laptop: Windows 7 Home Prem OA)

I have already reset modem and router (multiple times) and still receiving RPCRT4.dll error. I have ran the troubleshooter for any and every option possible. I have ran the System File Checker in the Command Prompt as an administrator and after its 100% complete it says "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag."

RPCRT4.dll System Error e48bc951-43bf-492a-8677-5a6e2c3051f0?upload=true.png

Any type of help on this would be really appreciated!!

I thought about doing the "Fresh Start" option on the computer but my only concern with that is there are 3 users currently on this computer and they all have their own personal files and with this computer being updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7 I do not want to lose ANY of anyone's personal files or have the computer revert back from windows 10 to windows 7.

:)

IBillbe, Oct 4, 2018

2. RPCRT4.dll and WS2_32.dlls are missing

Hi Stuart,

I would like to inform you that most rpcrt4.dll and WS2_32.dll errors are related to missing or corrupt rpcrt4.dll and WS2_32.dll files. Because these are external files, it presents a great opportunity for something undesirable to occur.

Improperly shutting down your PC or getting a virus infection could corrupt the rpcrt4.dll, which could lead to DLL errors. When your rpcrt4.dll file becomes corrupt, it cannot be loaded properly and will present an error message.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Install any available Windows updates. These will replace or update some of the hundreds of Microsoft distributed DLL files on your computer. The rpcrt4.dll and ws2_32.dll files could be included in one of those updates.

Follow the steps below.

1. Click on search bar, type Windows Update.

2. Select Check for Update.

3. Download and Install the latest Windows Updates.

Method 2: I suggest you to run Microsoft safety scanner and check.

To perform Microsoft Safety Scanner please visit the below link:

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Disclaimer: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Also I suggest you to disable anti-virus program, if installed on your computer and check.

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Oct 4, 2018
  3. maribro Win User
    Window 10 forced rebooting and system error with RPCRT4.dll

I had to force reboot my laptop for some reason and I am having a system error because of RPCRT4.dll.

All window preinstalled apps are working like explorer or window edge but somehow all my installed programs are not working due to error in RPCRT4.dll

What should I do...?

I cant even install dll file becasue of this error...RPCRT4.dll System Error :(

I have run error checking and everything was fine... Do i have to reinstall window 10?

maribro, Oct 4, 2018
  4. RPCRT4.dll System Error

RPCRT4.dll and WS2_32.dlls are missing

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

I suggest you to Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Microsoft Windows that allows users to scan for file corruption and restore Windows system files such as rpcrt4.dll and WS2_32.dll. If System File Checker finds a problem with rpcrt4.dll
    or other critical system file, it will attempt to replace the problematic files from DLL Cache (%WinDir%\System32\Dllcache\).

Follow these steps to run the command and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.

2. Click on Command prompt (Admin).

3. Type sfc /scannow and hit Enter.

Note: While performing SFC Scan I would recommend you to make sure that there are no applications or programs running on the back ground.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to
    restore from a system restore point:

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and when you create a restore point manually. Restoring
    won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

1. Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select
    Control Panel.

2. Search Control Panel for Recovery.

3. Select Recovery > Open System Restore >
    Next

4. Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select
    Next > Finish.

Note:

If you’re not seeing any restore points, it might be because system protection isn’t turned on. To check, go to the Control Panel, search for Recovery, and then select Recovery > Configure System Restore > Configure and make sure Turn on system protection is
    selected.

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

RPCRT4.dll System Error

1. RPCRT4.dll System Error - Similar Threads - RPCRT4 dll System

2. system Error MSVCP100.dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system Error MSVCP100.dll: My computer is saying there is a system Error and is giving me this message when I try to view an image on a disc. The message is as follows "The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP100.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem....
  3. system Error MSVCP100.dll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system Error MSVCP100.dll: My computer is saying there is a system Error and is giving me this message when I try to view an image on a disc. The message is as follows "The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP100.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem....
  4. system Error MSVCP100.dll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. System DLL error on every log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System DLL error on every log in: Every time I log in on my Microsoft Surface Pro 6, I see the following error:It says, "You are attempting to open a file of type 'System File' .dll".The "OK" button is greyed out, and there is no way to find out what DLL file is being requested, or by what program. If I touch...
  6. System DLL error on every log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System DLL error on every log in: Every time I log in on my Microsoft Surface Pro 6, I see the following error:It says, "You are attempting to open a file of type 'System File' .dll".The "OK" button is greyed out, and there is no way to find out what DLL file is being requested, or by what program. If I touch...
  7. System DLL error on every log in

8. System DLL error on every log in.

System DLL error on every log in.: Every time I log in on my Microsoft Surface Pro 6, I see the following error: [IMG] It says, "You are attempting to open a file of type 'System File' .dll". The "OK" button is greyed out, and there is no way to find out what DLL file is being requested, or by what...
  9. System error missing X3DAudio1_7.dll and X3 XINPUT1_3.dll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System error missing X3DAudio1_7.dll and X3 XINPUT1_3.dll: I'm attemping to run a game on PC and got the system error messages The code execution cannot proceed because X3DAudio1_7.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. The code execution cannot proceed because XINPUT1_3.dll was not found. Reinstalling the...
  10. vcruntime140.dll is missing. devmgmtservice.exe system error.

vcruntime140.dll is missing. devmgmtservice.exe system error.: Hi. My wife's Acer Aspire E14 Laptop has suddenly developed an error message as per the thread title, and suggests reinstalling the program, however I have no idea what the program was that I should reinstall!! I have looked online but not found a similar problem relating...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the code execution cannot proceed because rpcrt4.dll

2. rpcrt4.dll error windows 10

3. windows rpcrt4 info

4. RPCRT4.dll 0x80000003 1803,
  5. The code execution cannot proceed because RPCRT4.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem