Windows 10: RSAT used for Active Directory Access in Optional features, but getting Microsoft...

Discus and support RSAT used for Active Directory Access in Optional features, but getting Microsoft... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In a corporate environment, we use the RSAT Remote Access Management tools for Active DIrectory plugin on Windows 10. However, recently, it appears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cartographer5, Oct 16, 2021.

1. RSAT used for Active Directory Access in Optional features, but getting Microsoft...

In a corporate environment, we use the RSAT Remote Access Management tools for Active DIrectory plugin on Windows 10. However, recently, it appears that I get the "Do you want to allow this App to make changes to your device" dialog with the app being "Microsoft Management Console" having a red toolbox icon. Alas, whether I say yes or no, the dialog for searching Active Directory computers and users comes up, but right clicking that dialog no longer lets me search for users and computers, I simply see the domain that I would search if I could right click it. How do I get that right cli

:)

cartographer5, Oct 16, 2021
  2. AnthW Win User

Active Directory/RSAT and Windows 10

Hi all,

I would imagine this question will have been asked on a number of occasions and may have been answered but I've tried everything and followed all sorts of suggestions to fix this but the problem still remains!

I performed a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro on my desk PC at work using a downloaded ISO image.

As an IT Technician in a college its important that I have quick access to Active Directory and its various tools in order to change passwords and check replication etc.

I downloaded and installed RSAT for Windows 10 when it became available late last month but I still have no tools.

Checked Add/Remove Windows features, nothing in there.

Checked the Administrative Tools in Control Panel, nothing there either.

It was suggested that it will only work if I have the English (US) pack installed. I installed this and ran the RSAT install again but still no tools in sight!

I've checked in the "View installed updates" list and the KB2693643 update is not there. I was thinking maybe if I remove the update and then re-install it (since I've now installed the English US language pack), maybe the tools would appear; the update
    is not there to remove even though it says the installation was successful!

Any help or suggestions would be excellent and this is driving me round the twist having to Remote Desktop onto a Domain Controller just to check or change things.

Thanks a lot in advance

AnthW, Oct 16, 2021
  3. [CarlS] Win User
    i am trying to install Active Directory

Hi KOffner,

My name is Carl and I am an independent Windows 10 advisor.

Do you mean you are trying to install the Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT)? Active Directory installation is only allowed on the Server operating systems.

To install RSAT:

1. Click Start then type 'Apps & Features'

2. Click 'Optional Features' near the top

3. Click 'Add a Featiure'

4. Scroll down and choose the RSAT components you want (i.e. to manage Active Directory you need to install 'RSAT: Active Directory Domain Services and Lightweight Directory Services Tools'

Once you have selected one it should download and be accessible from the Start Menu.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Carl.

[CarlS], Oct 16, 2021
  4. School Win User

RSAT used for Active Directory Access in Optional features, but getting Microsoft...

Can't Uninstall RSAT (KB2693643)

[table][tr][td][/td] [td]This is what worked for me. I couldn't view the "manage user" tab options in AD and RSAT was alltogether fubard. I tried to: Delete the registry keys and then remove the windows feature and rsat Remove via wusa Remove via DISM Remove via Programs and Features > Add/Remove Windows Features The only way I could remove KB2693643 and the RSAT windows features are as follows: 1. Open command prompt as administrator 2. run DISM /Online /Get-Packages 2a. Copy and paste the output into a txt document such as notepad 3. Run DISM /Online /Remove-Package /PackageName:<INSERTDATAHERE> In step 3 above, the <INSERTDATAHERE> should be the package name you copied from the Get-Packages list. You will need to run this each time, for each package that starts with "Microsoft-Windows-RemoteServerAdministrationTools...." So my step 3 looked like this: DISM /Online /Remove-Package /PackageName:Microsoft-Windows-RemoteServerAdministrationTools-Client-Package-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.10585.0 (selected "no" to restart) DISM /Online /Remove-Package /PackageName:Microsoft-Windows-RemoteServerAdministrationTools-Client-Package-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~*AnotherVersion* (selected "yes" to restart after this 2nd command)[/td] [/tr] [/table]

School, Oct 16, 2021
Thema:

RSAT used for Active Directory Access in Optional features, but getting Microsoft...

1. RSAT used for Active Directory Access in Optional features, but getting Microsoft... - Similar Threads - RSAT used Active

2. Active directory RSAT tools block required

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Active directory RSAT tools block required: Hi DearI am using windows server 2019 with an active directory I have more than 1500 user on my server, as well as 20 users has assign local admin like all are enterprise adminthis time I want to revoke local admin and they was used RSAT tools and manage users like user...
  3. Active directory RSAT tools block required

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active directory RSAT tools block required: Hi DearI am using windows server 2019 with an active directory I have more than 1500 user on my server, as well as 20 users has assign local admin like all are enterprise adminthis time I want to revoke local admin and they was used RSAT tools and manage users like user...
  4. Active directory RSAT tools block required

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. RSAT tool AD Active directory users and computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RSAT tool AD Active directory users and computers: I have a new Windows 11 workstation and I have installed the RSAT tool AD users and computers. My display does not show icons or names but show the type of objects and descriptions but not the name or icon. I have looked and I have my view set to details and advance features....
  6. Couldn't Install RSAT Active Directory LDS Tools

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Couldn't Install RSAT Active Directory LDS Tools: Hello,I used to have RSAT Active Directory LDS tools installed on my my laptop. Sometime in the last 2-3 weeks, something changed to where it was removed and I am unable to re-add it. When attempting to re-add through the add optional features GUI, I get a generic "Couldn't...
  7. Couldn't Install RSAT Active Directory LDS Tools

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldn't Install RSAT Active Directory LDS Tools: Hello,I used to have RSAT Active Directory LDS tools installed on my my laptop. Sometime in the last 2-3 weeks, something changed to where it was removed and I am unable to re-add it. When attempting to re-add through the add optional features GUI, I get a generic "Couldn't...
  8. RSAT used for Active Directory Access in Optional features, but getting Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RSAT used for Active Directory Access in Optional features, but getting Microsoft...: In a corporate environment, we use the RSAT Remote Access Management tools for Active DIrectory plugin on Windows 10. However, recently, it appears that I get the "Do you want to allow this App to make changes to your device" dialog with the app being "Microsoft Management...
  9. RSAT used for Active Directory Access in Optional features, but getting Microsoft...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    RSAT used for Active Directory Access in Optional features, but getting Microsoft...: In a corporate environment, we use the RSAT Remote Access Management tools for Active DIrectory plugin on Windows 10. However, recently, it appears that I get the "Do you want to allow this App to make changes to your device" dialog with the app being "Microsoft Management...
  10. RSAT: Active Directory windows 10 . Install Failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RSAT: Active Directory windows 10 . Install Failed: I have big problem whine install RSAT tools on my computer in windows 10 last viersen . I need help because try many times to solve this problem but no result .. النتيجة .....