Windows 10: RSAT Windows 10 1809 Password Complexity Issue

Discus and support RSAT Windows 10 1809 Password Complexity Issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ever since applying a recent update to Windows 10 1809, I am no longer able to set or reset passwords for domain users with RSAT on my domain joined... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by David Wyhlidko, Jan 31, 2019.

1. RSAT Windows 10 1809 Password Complexity Issue

Ever since applying a recent update to Windows 10 1809, I am no longer able to set or reset passwords for domain users with RSAT on my domain joined PC. I have tried with both the version of RSAT from the FoD and installing from the MSI for version 1803. When trying to set or reset a password of a Domain User, I get the following message:

RSAT Windows 10 1809 Password Complexity Issue 64b828cb-e8ef-4dcb-b727-6dab7346123b?upload=true.jpg

I have even disabled the password policy and still get this message.

If I RDP directly to a Domain Controller, I have no issues setting/resetting passwords that are rejected from my PC.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

FYI, our domain is set to a Server 2012 functional level.

:)

David Wyhlidko, Jan 31, 2019
  2. Ramhound Win User

RSAT unavailable in Windows 10 - 1803

October 2018 Update is 1809 not 1803. 1803 is the April 2018 Update.

You should install RSAT as outlined below. You will have to wait until 1809 is released in order to install it on-demand.

Those guides do not apply to 1803. You still need to install Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 10 before you can enable or disable RSAT tools.

Until 1809 the installation process for RSAT has remained unchanged on Windows 10 and is identical across all supported versions and editions of Windows 10.

Source:

Ramhound, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Entegy Win User
    Password Complexity

Windows Phone has supported complex passwords (and this includes alphanumeric) since 7.5, but the option only kicks in when a corporate Exchange account that requires complex passwords is added to the phone.

Entegy, Jan 31, 2019
  4. DanDC01 Win User

RSAT Windows 10 1809 Password Complexity Issue

Cannot add user to Windows 10: Password complexity not working

Our Clerk unfortunately clicked and allowed her desktop to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Pro (64Bit). We cannot create another account no matter what. We use passwords that meet the complexity requirements (12 characters mostly lower case letters
    not containing the account name plus two symbols and two numbers) but even when we change the password policy using secpol.msc to allow the simplest possible passwords (see below), or use command lines with net user etc e ANY password we try, simple or complex,
    fails the complexity test and we cannot add any new users. Any suggestions?t use the account.

DanDC01, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

RSAT Windows 10 1809 Password Complexity Issue

1. RSAT Windows 10 1809 Password Complexity Issue - Similar Threads - RSAT 1809 Password

2. RSAT issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RSAT issue: I work for Cerner corporation and need to use Active Directory every day for my job. I have tried installing it through both the Microsoft website download, and also by adding RSAT as an "other feature" on my device settings. Neither of these options have worked. Whenever I...
  3. RSAT issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RSAT issue: I work for Cerner corporation and need to use Active Directory every day for my job. I have tried installing it through both the Microsoft website download, and also by adding RSAT as an "other feature" on my device settings. Neither of these options have worked. Whenever I...
  4. RSAT issue

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Password complexity setting for AD domain with Windows 10 workstations

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password complexity setting for AD domain with Windows 10 workstations: I am trying to setup the Windows 10 password policy for our office workstation. Seems like there is a 'Password must meet complexity requirements' option in the policy setting, which require any 3 combination out of 5 criteria. But I cannot set custom combination e.g. upper...
  6. RSAT issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RSAT issue: how can i install remote server manager tools for this windows version 10........ not updated in windows features https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rsat-issue/893c6651-0218-4457-962f-3e5769bcc5d0
  7. Disable the password complexity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable the password complexity: How do i disable the password complexity when i login to my PC? I am able to create a one letter password previously which i find it convenient. I dont need a lengthy password. However, after a recent update i need to add complexity of my password. I tried to run...
  8. Complex Win10 issues!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Complex Win10 issues!: I had major issues on my ex-authority comp running windows 10. Eventually I got through all the security (somehow) into Dos prompt (To which the system had previously denied access) and formatted the drive. Of course, now there is no operating system. I have a copy of win...
  9. Password complexity

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password complexity: Hi all it's now day 4 .searching for solution I don't want to install new windows *Smile my problem is windows not accept any password or remove password , always say's "not meet password complexity" ,although no password entered !!!! I changed and reset security...
  10. Windows 10 RSAT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 RSAT: Does anyone know if there isa new version of the Remote Server Administration Tools? the TP that was released back in January does not work with the released version of windows 10 and the windows 8.1 version of RSAT will obviously not install. 9735