Windows 10: RSGUPD.exe, problems removing files and booting in safemode

Discus and support RSGUPD.exe, problems removing files and booting in safemode in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, This file is constantly trying to run in windows, from searching online it is from some remo software I had installed previously and its... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Deadlvlan, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Deadlvlan Win User

RSGUPD.exe, problems removing files and booting in safemode

Hi,

This file is constantly trying to run in windows, from searching online it is from some remo software I had installed previously and its constantly trying to open a support gateway.

I have found the files are located in programdata\rsg which I need to remove but cant remove them in windows as it is denied I assume as windows is using the files? I have run command prompt as admin and removed some of the files but cant get rid of the rest

Here is my main issue, I cant boot in windows safe mode as it isn't recognising my password.

I can login into windows normally and I am the only user account, which is the admin account. I have changed the sign in options password to make sure I know the password, however it still doesn't recognise it when trying to boot in safe mode or command prompt mode. I normally login via pin code but this isn't an option for safe mode.

I have no idea why me changing the password in sign in options isn't allowing the password to work when booting and trying to login in safe mode?

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Dan

:)

Deadlvlan, Jan 28, 2019
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Windows 10 Password problem in safemode

Hi,

For us to isolate the issue, we will need to ask you a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages aside from password incorrect?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far, after being stuck in safemode sign in screen?
    • What are you trying to do when you enter safemode with networking through msconfig?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Trouble booting .exe files

What do you mean "booting an .exe file?" An .exe file is an executable that is run from within Windows, not booted outside of Windows from the BIOS.

If you are having problems installing programs that is something different and could pertain to Windows Installer. Follow these steps:

Right click task bar to open Task Manager. If necessary show More Details

On Details tab look for msiexec.exe, highlight to End Task.

Now try install or uninstall again.

If this doesn’t help you can try to Fix problems that block programs
    from being installed or removed

If this is not the problem then please explain it more fully.

I would also not run McAfee which is the worst program you can install to WIndows,. When problems arise many are resolved just by uninstalling it. I would uninstall it now and use built-in Defender which is provided by MS to protect and offer best performance
    for their operating system.

This can be symptomatic of corruption. I would go over the integrity of your install by working through the steps for
    Windows 10 Performance Troubleshooting - Microsoft Community .

Feel free to ask back any questions, or report back results as you go.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Edgars Win User

Problem at boot up

Okey, ill try to remove my oc, but its really hard to tell if it will fix the problem, because as i said it happens randomly, not on every boot up. If its my oc, what might be the problem? My pc is also new, its almost 2 months old.

Edgars, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

1. RSGUPD.exe, problems removing files and booting in safemode - Similar Threads - RSGUPD exe problems

2. problem installing an exe file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem installing an exe file: i had downloaded an old game file, needed to install it, however, the .exe file does not open. computer says "this app cant run in your pc. to find a version for your pc check with your software publisher." how do i solve this?? i tried the troubleshoot, the program doesnt...
  3. Problem with launcing .exe file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with launcing .exe file: An .exe setup file that I try to launch crashes as soon as I open it but if I go on another account with administrator permissions I can open it just fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-launcing-exe-file/877b4d64-8184-4c3b-a53c-b966f6bb1842
  4. Exe file problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Exe file problem: In my pc some of the exe file setups are not opening.Whenever i open them nothing shows up no error screen nothing. It does the same when i open chrome setup it shows nothing . Plzz fix this problem....
  5. Problem with safemode startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with safemode startup: I read on internet that in order to rectify a problem I had to restart my computer in Safe mode! Clicked windows +R then typed msconfig, and under the boot tabboot I clicked safemode and restarted the computer. iI now get the screen where I have to enter my passcode to unlock...
  6. Laptop booting into Aptio Safemode.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop booting into Aptio Safemode.: Hi! My Aorus Laptop is booting into Aptio Safemood and I cannot get it to load to desktop. This happened after getting a bluescreen that said "Windows has encountered an error" or something along those lines. Please help!...
  7. Problem running an .exe file

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem running an .exe file: I tried to run an .exe from a dir on win10 by clicking on it and got a message that defender had stopped it running. i clicked for more details and i got it to run. but i did nothing to see that this won't happen again. could it? is there something we should do when...
  8. Cannot Boot To Safemode

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Boot To Safemode: Windows 10, 64bit, Updates are current After backing up my system OS drive, the PC will not boot anymore. It gave me the bluescreen error of " EUBKMON.sys ". This error was caused by Easeus Backup software and according to the fix, I will need to boot to Safe Mode and...
  9. Problem with running .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with running .exe files: Hi everyone, my friend having a problem with running .exe files. I thought it would be the best to ask here. He can't run .exe files. Sorry for my bad English. http://oi58.tinypic.com/spvnh1.jpg 20973
  10. Trying to boot into safemode with networking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to boot into safemode with networking: I can manage to boot into safemode for wondows 10 but when I try to use safe mode with networking my internet connection is still disabled. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and if so how can I fix it? Any help would be appreciated and thank you. 15271

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rsgupd

2. rsgupd.exe

3. rsgupd.exe popup

4. rsgupd program,
  5. rsgupd.exe removal,
  6. what is rsgupd program,
  7. rsgupd windows,
  8. remove rsgupd,
  9. rsgupd exe,
  10. rsgupd.exe how to remove,
  11. remo software rsgupd,