Windows 10: rtf and XLS documents can't open from Back Up

Discus and support rtf and XLS documents can't open from Back Up in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I open my backed up documents when all the extensions say either rtf_LAST file or XLS_LAST File or XLR_LAST File, PDF_LAST FILE or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Joseph Sheryl Smith, Mar 16, 2019.

1. rtf and XLS documents can't open from Back Up

How do I open my backed up documents when all the extensions say either rtf_LAST file or XLS_LAST File or XLR_LAST File, PDF_LAST FILE or RTF_F5AA6C3c5?

:)

Joseph Sheryl Smith, Mar 16, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

rtf. file

Hi Michelle,

Some documents when saved takes up space due to its components. For us to help you with your concern, we'd like to know if your rtf file has images on it.

Meanwhile, if your rtf file has pure texts, we suggest that you follow the steps below to reduce the size of your rtf file:

• Compose your rtf file in Microsoft Word.
    • Instead of saving, copy and paste your composition to WordPad. All the formatting is copied over too.
    • Save the document with WordPad, and you'll get a significantly smaller file.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Mar 16, 2019
  3. napsugar Win User
    .RTF Documents Stopped Opening

Microsoft Word Starter 2010 cannot be opened -- this is the message I get when I try to open my .rtf documents. This problem has started only a few days ago. I could not fix it neither through the Control Panel, nor by restoring the computer to an earlier
    setting.

What else could I do?

napsugar, Mar 16, 2019
  4. rtf and XLS documents can't open from Back Up

Opening a "new" document type

I right click to open a new document...

it used to list wordpad (extension .rtf)

it doesn't list it anymore...

just text document (extension .txt)

how do i get the option for a wordpad document type back again

RobertSnowman, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

rtf and XLS documents can't open from Back Up

1. rtf and XLS documents can't open from Back Up - Similar Threads - rtf XLS documents

2. Backing up documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backing up documents: Hello guys! My computer crashed a month ago, and our IT saved my documents and transferred it into new computer, that created Z disc for my bakcuped files. I didnt know what it was, our IT said that its safe to use it and to save new documents there. Now, after 1 month of...
  3. Backing up documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backing up documents: Hello guys! My computer crashed a month ago, and our IT saved my documents and transferred it into new computer, that created Z disc for my bakcuped files. I didnt know what it was, our IT said that its safe to use it and to save new documents there. Now, after 1 month of...
  4. Backing up documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot open .RTF file.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot open .RTF file.: Cannot open a RTF file. in settings>Apps>Default apps>Choose apps by file type>RTF Default choices are: Libra Writer; OpenOfice Calc; OpenOffice Calc; look for App in MS store OpenOffice Writer is not an option as a default. This happened when I tried to open .RTF file...
  6. Opening a document that was backed up to a windows media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening a document that was backed up to a windows media player: I have a document that shows to be backed up by my geek squad when I bought a new computer in jan 2021. Is there a way I can get access to it? It won't come up on windows media player....
  7. Opening a document that was backed up to a windows media player

Opening a document that was backed up to a windows media player: I have a document that shows to be backed up by my geek squad when I bought a new computer in jan 2021. Is there a way I can get access to it? It won't come up on windows media player....
  8. Can't open XLS file which i was able to previously open

Can't open XLS file which i was able to previously open: I have a file saved in OneDrive that i access both in my laptop and in my phone. I was working on that file last night and now i cannot open it on my phone. Says "can't open file may be locked, in use or no sufficient permission". I already rebooted both my devices, resaved...
  9. Content blocked when opening an rtf document from network with Wordpad

Content blocked when opening an rtf document from network with Wordpad: Hello. Whenever I try to open an rtf document from a network share with Wordpad, I get a security notice that says that content is blocked. Here is a snapshot (in Italian): [ATTACH] I've tried to click both OK and Unlock, but nothing changes. OS: Windows 10 Pro. How...
  10. Can't open any of my documents- SXC, XLS, DOC, SXW. JPG and PDF will open

Can't open any of my documents- SXC, XLS, DOC, SXW. JPG and PDF will open: Not sure if this occurred after update to Windows 10 or when I replaced my computer. I really need to be able to open and modify some of my documents. This keeps asking me if I want to save or download, and eventually what I want to open with and then takes me back to save...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pdf_last

2. how do i open xls_last files