Windows 10: RTF file from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Discus and support RTF file from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem with an old RTF file done with WordPad on Windows 7 (V 6.1). The file is basically a table with rows and columns. When I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Elsassmania, May 15, 2019.

1. RTF file from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Hello,

I have a problem with an old RTF file done with WordPad on Windows 7 (V 6.1). The file is basically a table with rows and columns.

When I try to open it with WordPad on Windows 10 (V 1703), the file is not the same and the bottom of my table is removed.

If I open the file wih NotePad, the file is correct and I can see the different missing lines as "Code vendeur"...

File with Windows 7 :

RTF file from Windows 7 to Windows 10 75a03836-6737-48b0-98ed-51466dbb56a6?upload=true.png

File with Windows 10 :

RTF file from Windows 7 to Windows 10 e2e70311-27be-4ee4-90dc-c4accb69599c?upload=true.png

Have you an idea why is there this difference between the two WordPad while it is the same file ?

:)

Elsassmania, May 15, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

rtf. file

Hi Michelle,

Some documents when saved takes up space due to its components. For us to help you with your concern, we'd like to know if your rtf file has images on it.

Meanwhile, if your rtf file has pure texts, we suggest that you follow the steps below to reduce the size of your rtf file:

• Compose your rtf file in Microsoft Word.
    • Instead of saving, copy and paste your composition to WordPad. All the formatting is copied over too.
    • Save the document with WordPad, and you'll get a significantly smaller file.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, May 15, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 15, 2019
  4. RTF file from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 15, 2019
Thema:

RTF file from Windows 7 to Windows 10

1. RTF file from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - RTF file

2. Controlled Folder Access just blocked access to a RTF file. How could that even happen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Controlled Folder Access just blocked access to a RTF file. How could that even happen?: Of all the files it should be cautious with I would expect a lowly text file to be the least likely it would stumble on. Yet Microsoft surprises us again. Or doesn't really. So have you had this happen? There is nothing in this file but simple text. I couldn't change the...
  3. Controlled Folder Access just blocked access to a RTF file. How could that even happen?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Controlled Folder Access just blocked access to a RTF file. How could that even happen?: Of all the files it should be cautious with I would expect a lowly text file to be the least likely it would stumble on. Yet Microsoft surprises us again. Or doesn't really. So have you had this happen? There is nothing in this file but simple text. I couldn't change the...
  4. Controlled Folder Access just blocked access to a RTF file. How could that even happen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Cannot open .RTF file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open .RTF file.: Cannot open a RTF file. in settings>Apps>Default apps>Choose apps by file type>RTF Default choices are: Libra Writer; OpenOfice Calc; OpenOffice Calc; look for App in MS store OpenOffice Writer is not an option as a default. This happened when I tried to open .RTF file...
  6. Cannot open .RTF file.

Cannot open .RTF file.: Cannot open a RTF file. in settings>Apps>Default apps>Choose apps by file type>RTF Default choices are: Libra Writer; OpenOfice Calc; OpenOffice Calc; look for App in MS store OpenOffice Writer is not an option as a default. This happened when I tried to open .RTF file...
  7. Cannot open .RTF file.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Create New RTF file missing from Context Menu

Create New RTF file missing from Context Menu: I have tried every registry hack I can find but Windows 11 ignores them completely. I was able to get "new text file" added back in, but "New RTF file" just won't come back. I'm so frustrated with this. I even made sure to associate all RTF files with WordPad instead of MS...
  9. Create New RTF file missing from Context Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create New RTF file missing from Context Menu: I have tried every registry hack I can find but Windows 11 ignores them completely. I was able to get "new text file" added back in, but "New RTF file" just won't come back. I'm so frustrated with this. I even made sure to associate all RTF files with WordPad instead of MS...
  10. RTF file is only showing some of the saved file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RTF file is only showing some of the saved file: Hi, I have been taking notes into a RTF file on WordPad for the last week. It has gotten quite long and the file is now 44 MB in size. Today, when I opened the file, it basically opened as if it was the second day and 90% of the information was missing from the file. When I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft rtf driver for windows 10