Windows 10: RtlS5Wake app. Trojan Virus?

Discus and support RtlS5Wake app. Trojan Virus? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I restart or shutdown my computer a message appears stating an app called RtlS5Wake is preventing my computer from restarting and gives me the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Michael W LaVallee, May 4, 2019.

1. RtlS5Wake app. Trojan Virus?

When I restart or shutdown my computer a message appears stating an app called RtlS5Wake is preventing my computer from restarting and gives me the option to cancel or restart anyway, which I always choose.

I googled RtlS5Wake and found out it is part of a product known as Realtek-WOW-Utility which is one of the apps running upon startup. Based on the Google results, it appears this is a Trojan Virus and should be removed from my computer, which BTW is running Windows 10.

Can someone please confirm if I should remove this app and provide instructions on how to remove it.

Thanks in advance

:)

Michael W LaVallee, May 4, 2019
  2. Mel Tar Win User

Rooted Malware, Virus, and Trojan Infection, Keylogger Trojan Malware

Hi,

Please click the link below and follow Stephen Boots' suggestion on how to remove Trojan virus on your computer:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mel Tar, May 4, 2019
  3. djbbenn Win User
    New Trojan that Demands a Ransom

There is a new virus out there discovered by virus hunters known as "Cryzip". The Trojan encrypts your files and then demands a $300 ransom for the decryption password to get your files back. After encrypting the files, the virus leaves a nice step-by-step guide of how to go about paying the ransom off. It's supposedly spread through email Spam, and has successfully evaded anti-virus scanners.

Source: eWeek

djbbenn, May 4, 2019
  4. RtlS5Wake app. Trojan Virus?

Trojan virus

Suggestion to read:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Without knowing any details....:

See the helpful links posted by

quietman7 - MVP

here

Copy/paste of above post:

Malware Removal Guides for Windows

You can always supplement your anti-virus or get a second opinion by performing an

Online Virus Scan

ESET is one of the more effective online scanners.

Stubborn Malware Removal Guides for Windows

==========================================================

Jsssssssss, May 4, 2019
Thema:

RtlS5Wake app. Trojan Virus?

1. RtlS5Wake app. Trojan Virus? - Similar Threads - RtlS5Wake app Trojan

2. trojan horse virus problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    trojan horse virus problem: Hey sir This is Harshit. My Problem is that once i install LOIC Softwere in a .rar file , with that file a virus was included ( i did't no about it ) , Now i'm affected with that virus Windows Defender and my K7 antivirus Both are Unable to find vires , i want to remove...
  3. Memz Trojan Virus - HELP!

Memz Trojan Virus - HELP!: Hi All, My **** Son has allowed a so called "XBOX Friend" to use teamview on my sons laptop and watched, said friend, install Memz trojan viras and run it. I know what a ****, trusting someone he doesn't know........! I've said it all and he's very embarrassed! Its now...
  4. Virus/trojan

Virus/trojan: Hello, an hour ago (February/24/2019 3:54am EST) I had a accidental download and installment of a trojan or virus. I have had a virus problem before but NOT like this one to where I can't fix it my self. This download made the PC fully aware of it's being, and quarantined...
  5. YourPhone.exe is a Virus or Trojan?

YourPhone.exe is a Virus or Trojan?: Hi, I've seen this app (YourPhone.exe) running in the background using also my GPU. Is it normal? Berowsing the internet some websites say it is a virus, but I'm not sure it is true as in its info it has Microsoft copyright. Anybody else having this process in the...
  6. TROJAN virus on windows phone

TROJAN virus on windows phone: Hello, I need expert advice on possible infection of windowsphone 640 XL by a TROJAN virus. Is this possible? Can someone take control of the camera (front and back) of my phone? Can a third party access my email account through my cellphone? Thanking you beforehand,...
  7. trojan virus

trojan virus: Hi my windows defender keeps updating me i have a Trojan in win32 folder named touluse.N!** forgotten the extension how do i remove it i have tried to find this so far without solution 1 unhiding files in explorer 2 looking it in resmon(resource manager) 3 looking for it...
  8. Virus, trojan, malware

Virus, trojan, malware: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, please tell me what program I can check for virus, malware, trojans ect ... Thanks! Wait for response!. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-trojan-malware/eedcf781-fa11-4dae-8931-a559c68842d0
  9. Virus,Malware, Trojan........

Virus,Malware, Trojan........: Hi everyone, my pc recently got infected with what I think is a virus and all folders in my drives including drive C(windows installed) have been HIDDEN. When I click on any of my drives the folder is empty. The only way I can access my files/folders is keying in the folder...
  10. Trojan Virus

Trojan Virus: Hi. Recently I was sent three emails and one of them put a virus on my computer. I need to know how to get rid of it. The virus is this: Pcdrwi. exe. It is in my C drive, Program Files. I can see it on my Task Mgr. Which is how I discovered it, and has been there since...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rtls5wake