Windows 10: RtlS5WAKE

Discus and support RtlS5WAKE in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How to get rid of this program Rtls5WAKE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rtls5wake/16c087a7-b28d-4ce4-9874-e74540557a36 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jim and JeanetteBerry, May 13, 2020.

1. RtlS5WAKE

How to get rid of this program Rtls5WAKE

:)

Jim and JeanetteBerry, May 13, 2020

2. RtlS5Wake app. Trojan Virus?

When I restart or shutdown my computer a message appears stating an app called RtlS5Wake is preventing my computer from restarting and gives me the option to cancel or restart anyway, which I always choose.

I googled RtlS5Wake and found out it is part of a product known as Realtek-WOW-Utility which is one of the apps running upon startup. Based on the Google results, it appears this is a Trojan Virus and should be removed from my computer, which BTW is running
    Windows 10.

Can someone please confirm if I should remove this app and provide instructions on how to remove it.

Thanks in advance

Michael W LaVallee, May 13, 2020
  3. Mokubai Win User
    Unusual program?! RLT5S or RLTS5, Icon Implies Internet

It is probably RtlS5Wake.exe, which according to multiple sources is a tool for a Realtek Wireless LAN card known as the Realtek WOWL Utility.

Per that thread it may mean that you need to find out what network card you have and update the driver from the manufacturer's website. Or you can just disable the tool as described in that link.

If you know for a fact that you do not have a Realtek network card then you may have a malware infection, but as someone else has the same problem it is unlikely.

Mokubai, May 13, 2020
Thema:

RtlS5WAKE

1. RtlS5WAKE - Similar Threads - RtlS5WAKE

2. how to remove rtlS5wake ???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to remove rtlS5wake ???: my laptop have been running extreme slow and whenever i try to shut it down it says rtlswake is not letting your pc to shut down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-rtls5wake/eb908862-5026-4220-a8ed-a0b90d988a39
  3. RtlS5Wake removal

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    RtlS5Wake removal: I purchased an HP all in one a couple months ago. I have recently had problems with it running slow and not wanting to shut down. When I close everything (I think) I get a message RtlS5Wake is preventing my computer to shut down. I googled the file and it show I needed to...
  4. RtlS5Wake app. Trojan Virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    RtlS5Wake app. Trojan Virus?: When I restart or shutdown my computer a message appears stating an app called RtlS5Wake is preventing my computer from restarting and gives me the option to cancel or restart anyway, which I always choose. I googled RtlS5Wake and found out it is part of a product known as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. rtls5wake

3. rt1s5wake