Windows 10: RTM via upgrade - Control panel doesn't work

Discus and support RTM via upgrade - Control panel doesn't work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there After an upgrade to RTM - if you try and run Control panel from the start button (right mouse) it appears but you can't do anything with it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Jul 29, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

RTM via upgrade - Control panel doesn't work

Hi there

After an upgrade to RTM - if you try and run Control panel from the start button (right mouse) it appears but you can't do anything with it -- and it eventually disappears so you can't access any of the items on it any more.

I know you can do a lot of things in Settings via the menu -- but IMO if Control Panel doesn't work then it should be removed from any menu.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jul 29, 2015

2. Background Slideshow in Windows 10

A: You can: either via Picture mode or via Slideshow mode. One is single-picture mode, one is single-folder mode.

B: You kind of can, but there is a bug in folder selection in Windows 10 RTM's Settings application's Personalization :: Background page. That bug is fixed in current Windows Insider builds, which will be coming your way at some future date.

As you're noting, the Personalization :: Background page was rewritten / reimplemented in Windows 10 as a Settings page not a control panel. In that transition some functionality changed, and some was lost. The current Windows Insider builds should improve
    your experience here: as noted that will be available at some unknown future date when that goes RTM.

For now, you can also run this:

control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper

from a WIN+R (Run) prompt to use the old control panel.

zachd [MSFT], Jul 29, 2015
  3. "We couldn't reserve your upgrade"

As I mentioned, clicking on the "Get Windows 10" app doesn't work. I tried updating via the Windows Update control panel and that didn't work either.

Paul_Wolfe, Jul 29, 2015
  4. RTM via upgrade - Control panel doesn't work

What Exactly doesn't work?
    RTM  via upgrade - Control panel doesn't work [​IMG]

GaloreRu1z4n3x, Jul 29, 2015
  5. NUS
    Nus Win User
    Yeah, working fine for me. Must be your rig, bro.

6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Going to do a CLEAN install -- No Ms account, No "Get insider builds" - bog standard install from download ISO got from W8.1 system.

Upgrades can sometimes cause problems.

Cheers
    Jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 29, 2015
  7. NUS
    Nus Win User
    Yep, I'm only going to have non-insider, non-MS account, clean installs.

Thema:

RTM via upgrade - Control panel doesn't work

1. RTM via upgrade - Control panel doesn't work - Similar Threads - RTM via upgrade

2. Nvidia's control panel color slider doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia's control panel color slider doesn't work.: How do I turn it on again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidias-control-panel-color-slider-doesnt-work/fdf82df8-3c53-4c05-9e4c-1bbd5c24f24f
  3. Nvidia's control panel color slider doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia's control panel color slider doesn't work.: How do I turn it on again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidias-control-panel-color-slider-doesnt-work/fdf82df8-3c53-4c05-9e4c-1bbd5c24f24f
  4. Nvidia's control panel color slider doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Immersive Control Panel doesn't work and Settings-DCOM-Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Immersive Control Panel doesn't work and Settings-DCOM-Error: Hi all community,We have a problem on each enterprise domain controller with 2019 serve version.When we want to launch "Settings", the window just flash and disappear immediatly. So Impossible to go on settings panel and his depedances.We found this error in event viewer :...
  6. Immersive Control Panel doesn't work and Settings-DCOM-Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Immersive Control Panel doesn't work and Settings-DCOM-Error: Hi all community,We have a problem on each enterprise domain controller.When we want to launch "Settings", the window just flash and disappear immediatly. So Impossible to go on settings panel and his depedances.We found this error in event viewer : DCOM error 10010"The...
  7. Sound control panel speaker test doesn't work for subwooferKlipsch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound control panel speaker test doesn't work for subwooferKlipsch: I have a new Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers and set-up 2.1 in the sound control panel using 5.1 and unchecking the rear and center speakers. The 2 front speakers test and work perfectly. The subwoofer tests no sound but works perfectly also. Is this a driver issue or should...
  8. Headset doesn't show on control panel

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset doesn't show on control panel: So I was using bluetooth headphones until recently. I had to buy a non-wireless headset recently, and am trying to configure it. The problem is, since I have a laptop, having built-in speakers and mic, when I go to control panel, the headset doesn't show, only the built-in...
  9. via audio panel control

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    via audio panel control: How I can get the Via audio control to adjust and change speakers configuration https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/via-audio-panel-control/1d0fbc0e-5ee4-47b3-868c-1ca28897d82b
  10. Mail Item in Control Panel Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail Item in Control Panel Doesn't Work: My "Mail" Item in my control panel gone completely white and when I try to run it I get a error massage > All Control Panel Items Application not found ....