RTM via upgrade - Control panel doesn't work

Discus and support RTM via upgrade - Control panel doesn't work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there After an upgrade to RTM - if you try and run Control panel from the start button (right mouse) it appears but you can't do anything with it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Jul 29, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

After an upgrade to RTM - if you try and run Control panel from the start button (right mouse) it appears but you can't do anything with it -- and it eventually disappears so you can't access any of the items on it any more.

I know you can do a lot of things in Settings via the menu -- but IMO if Control Panel doesn't work then it should be removed from any menu.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jul 29, 2015
  2. zachd [MSFT] Win User

Background Slideshow in Windows 10

A: You can: either via Picture mode or via Slideshow mode. One is single-picture mode, one is single-folder mode.

B: You kind of can, but there is a bug in folder selection in Windows 10 RTM's Settings application's Personalization :: Background page. That bug is fixed in current Windows Insider builds, which will be coming your way at some future date.

As you're noting, the Personalization :: Background page was rewritten / reimplemented in Windows 10 as a Settings page not a control panel. In that transition some functionality changed, and some was lost. The current Windows Insider builds should improve
    your experience here: as noted that will be available at some unknown future date when that goes RTM.

For now, you can also run this:

control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper

from a WIN+R (Run) prompt to use the old control panel.

zachd [MSFT], Jul 29, 2015
  3. Paul_Wolfe Win User
    "We couldn't reserve your upgrade"

As I mentioned, clicking on the "Get Windows 10" app doesn't work. I tried updating via the Windows Update control panel and that didn't work either.

Paul_Wolfe, Jul 29, 2015
  4. GaloreRu1z4n3x Win User

What Exactly doesn't work?
    RTM  via upgrade - Control panel doesn't work [​IMG]

GaloreRu1z4n3x, Jul 29, 2015
  5. NUS
    Nus Win User
    Yeah, working fine for me. Must be your rig, bro.

6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Going to do a CLEAN install -- No Ms account, No "Get insider builds" - bog standard install from download ISO got from W8.1 system.

Upgrades can sometimes cause problems.

Cheers
    Jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 29, 2015
  7. NUS
    Nus Win User
    Yep, I'm only going to have non-insider, non-MS account, clean installs.

Thema:

1. RTM via upgrade - Control panel doesn't work - Similar Threads - RTM via upgrade

2. Xbox one elite controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox one elite controller: I updated the firmware on my Xbox one elite and xbox one controller. I have a wireless xbox adapter for windows. After updating each controller they no longer work with wireless. I tried updating the adapter and it is up to date?...
  3. Microphone in Bluetooth headset not working when connected to PC Windows 10

Microphone in Bluetooth headset not working when connected to PC Windows 10: hi there i recently bought a pair of beats x which is a bluetooth connection. i connected it to a pc and its said music and voice connected. But when i started to listening to music it worked fine but when i tried to speak using discord the mic didnt work. i went to control...
  4. Laptop Keyboard doesn't work after windows update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Keyboard doesn't work after windows update.: So yesterday I downloaded a windows update and I couldn't use my keyboard after that so now I'm using an on screen keyboard. I've tried tons of things, I even reset my computer I did keep files but deleted apps and such. I don't know what to do now....
  5. Xbox 360 (wired) not working, 1st and 4th light turn on for a second when plugging in...

Xbox 360 (wired) not working, 1st and 4th light turn on for a second when plugging in...: - Using Windows 10 - Wired Xbox 360 Controller - Uninstalled drivers by showing hidden devices in Device Manager and removing the Xbox 360 one. - Did a restart, uninstalled / re-installed the "Xbox 360 Accessories Software" (which can be found here:...
  6. After Windows Update, Personlized Settings Not Working - A Quick Fix That Worked for Me

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Windows Update, Personlized Settings Not Working - A Quick Fix That Worked for Me: On August 15, 2018 I shut down my computer with Windows update. When I turned on the this morning Windows completed the update. Then I got the infamous "Personalized Settings Not Recognized." I rebooted 3 times and got the same message. I log on with a Pin. After 3 times, I...
  7. STEELSERIES Siberia 150 Wont work with the xbox app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    STEELSERIES Siberia 150 Wont work with the xbox app on Windows 10: Hi everyone i just bought this USB headseat from steelseries and it works really well with anything and what i mean by that is i use it on Discord, Skype and in game chats but when it comes to the xbox app i get this: The sampling rate for your microphone is not supported...
  8. what is the math input panel about?

in Windows 10 Customization
    what is the math input panel about?: what's the math input panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/what-is-the-math-input-panel-about/ce63157b-f97a-4939-8145-f0a2a3feb4e6
  9. Windows 10 built in apps not working after an update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 built in apps not working after an update: Hi Don't know which update screwed this up but I now no longer have access to Win 10 built in apps such as calculator, photos, etc. I tried a app reset on calculator, but that didn't work and is now not showing at all. I have tried the following: Get-AppXPackage |...
  10. onedrive delete my work because of conflicts

onedrive delete my work because of conflicts: while working on a word document and trying to save to onedrive on windows10, I got a message and red small x symbol informing me that there are conflicts between the document and onedrive. resolving the conflicts caused couple of hours of work to be deleted. why did it...