RTM via upgrade - Control panel doesn't work

Discus and support RTM via upgrade - Control panel doesn't work in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hi there After an upgrade to RTM - if you try and run Control panel from the start button (right mouse) it appears but you can't do anything with it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Jul 29, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

After an upgrade to RTM - if you try and run Control panel from the start button (right mouse) it appears but you can't do anything with it -- and it eventually disappears so you can't access any of the items on it any more.

I know you can do a lot of things in Settings via the menu -- but IMO if Control Panel doesn't work then it should be removed from any menu.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jul 29, 2015
  2. zachd [MSFT] Win User

Background Slideshow in Windows 10

A: You can: either via Picture mode or via Slideshow mode. One is single-picture mode, one is single-folder mode.

B: You kind of can, but there is a bug in folder selection in Windows 10 RTM's Settings application's Personalization :: Background page. That bug is fixed in current Windows Insider builds, which will be coming your way at some future date.

As you're noting, the Personalization :: Background page was rewritten / reimplemented in Windows 10 as a Settings page not a control panel. In that transition some functionality changed, and some was lost. The current Windows Insider builds should improve
    your experience here: as noted that will be available at some unknown future date when that goes RTM.

For now, you can also run this:

control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper

from a WIN+R (Run) prompt to use the old control panel.

zachd [MSFT], Jul 29, 2015
  3. Paul_Wolfe Win User
    "We couldn't reserve your upgrade"

As I mentioned, clicking on the "Get Windows 10" app doesn't work. I tried updating via the Windows Update control panel and that didn't work either.

Paul_Wolfe, Jul 29, 2015
  4. GaloreRu1z4n3x Win User

What Exactly doesn't work?
    [​IMG]

GaloreRu1z4n3x, Jul 29, 2015
  5. NUS
    Nus Win User
    Yeah, working fine for me. Must be your rig, bro.

6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Going to do a CLEAN install -- No Ms account, No "Get insider builds" - bog standard install from download ISO got from W8.1 system.

Upgrades can sometimes cause problems.

Cheers
    Jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 29, 2015
  7. NUS
    Nus Win User
    Yep, I'm only going to have non-insider, non-MS account, clean installs.

Thema:

RTM via upgrade - Control panel doesn't work - Similar Threads - RTM via upgrade

1. rtm build 14393.693 or 14393.726 best stable build ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    rtm build 14393.693 or 14393.726 best stable build ?: hi , is anniversary update 14393.693 stable than 14393.726.. coz i am going to download manually.. let me know which one is better.. Note : i will be disabling once installed either of the two builds and wait until next anniversary update appears to move on.. 76014
  2. Win 10 RTM CoreCountrySpecific OEM:DM

Win 10 RTM CoreCountrySpecific OEM:DM: I have an unused Win 10 Key and ShowKeyPlus says it is Win 10 RTM CoreCountrySpecific OEM :dM where can I get an iso for this? 67356
  3. How to Install RTM Build (14393) over Preview Build (14931)?

How to Install RTM Build (14393) over Preview Build (14931)?: If I get an .iso of Windows 10 RTM (14393) , I can install over the Preview Build (14931) I'm using without losing my personal files, Win32 programs and applications? P.S. I already tried it with an iso Windows 10 Pro x64 Pt-Br (14393.0) The option to keep things was not...
  4. Win10 Anniversary Update “RTM” Build 1607 Shows Up in Microsoft Docs

in Windows 10 News
    Win10 Anniversary Update “RTM” Build 1607 Shows Up in Microsoft Docs: Windows 10 Anniversary Update “RTM” Build 1607 Shows Up in Microsoft Docs Again Build 1607 is believed to be the final version of the update [img] Microsoft is projected to launch the Windows 10 Anniversary Update this summer, but the company hasn’t provided any...
  5. Cumulative Update #4 for SQL Server 2016 RTM

in Windows 10 News
    Cumulative Update #4 for SQL Server 2016 RTM: The 4th cumulative update release for SQL Server 2016 RTM is now available for download at the Microsoft Downloads site. Please note that registration is no longer required to download Cumulative updates.To learn more about the release or servicing model, please visit:...
  6. STL Fixes In Visual Studio 2017 RTM

in Windows 10 News
    STL Fixes In Visual Studio 2017 RTM: VS 2017 RTM will be released soon. VS 2017 RC is available now and contains all of the changes described here – please try it out and send feedback through the IDE’s Help > Send Feedback > Report A Problem (or Provide A Suggestion).This is the third and final post for what’s...
  7. What is the build number for windows 10 Redstone 1 Final RTM ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the build number for windows 10 Redstone 1 Final RTM ?: Hello ! I have a Pc where i need a fresh installation of Windows 10 Redstone 1 Final . What is the correct build number , Build 14393 , Build 14393.5 , Build 14393.10 or ??????? And is there a official Microsoft link where could get the Final RTM ? Thank you ! 58541