Windows 10: RTX2060 Rog Strix: TOTAL FREEZE OF THE HEART

Discus and support RTX2060 Rog Strix: TOTAL FREEZE OF THE HEART in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Dear W10 community. I'm sharing this awful thing that is happening to me because I'm not shure if it is a software or a hardware issue. I have to say... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by nanakji, Aug 5, 2019.

1. nanakji Win User

RTX2060 Rog Strix: TOTAL FREEZE OF THE HEART

Dear W10 community. I'm sharing this awful thing that is happening to me because I'm not shure if it is a software or a hardware issue. I have to say that this only happens with the listed games so far. Thanks in advance for kind responses.

I have encountered two major issues while using this card (my specs at the end, also notice I have all drivers, BIOS and Windows with latest updates):

Issue 1Playing with 2 monitors:
    Overwatch, The Division 2: "rendering device has been lost" screen freezes but you can minimize and keep using the PC even though it feels laggy and kind of unresponsive. Finally, you have to restart manually (the restart option from Windows menu doesn't work when this happens).

Workaround: Play with only 1 monitor.

Fix: I tried changing TDR values but it didn't work. Changing values inside the game, Nvidia Control Panel, etc, etc, doesn't work for me. Turning off the led lights of the headset also doesn't work.

After a time, the Nvidia 431.6 driver came with the latest Windows 10 patch (build 18362), and also the GitHub update (there have been 2 updates between July and August if I remember well). When trying to install the new 431.6 drivers I saw this error: "load vender.dll fail to load dlls. please install VGA driver" but the installation continued with no problems.

Then the following Issue began to happen:

Issue 2Playing with only 1 monitor (which solved the issue 1 described above):

Overwatch, The Division, Apex Legends: Total freeze of the screen but also the whole PC because you can't minimize or do anything (mouse and keyboard don't work).

Workaround: There is none so far but restart manually.

Fix: I have found no fix to this issue. I have tried DDU, also uninstalling HD Nvidia Audio Drivers, playing with led lights off in the headset. Uninstalling GPU Tweak II also doesn't work. Nothing works for me so far! seems my only hope is to format and install windows from scrap
    RTX2060 Rog Strix: TOTAL FREEZE OF THE HEART [​IMG]

Recommendations that didn't Work: Uninstall HD Audio Drivers, Uninstall GPU Tweak II, change TDR values. Weird behavior noticed: When the total freeze happens, I have to reboot by pressing the ON-OFF button, but when the reboot begins by this method, the vents and system idles for a second, then continues with the reboot and spinning of the vents. If you reboot via windows, nothing of this happens.

FIXload vender.dll fail to load dlls. please install VGA driverFIX: Just had to uninstall GPU Tweak 2, DDU and reinstall Nvidia drivers: no error message while installing new Nvidia Driver. Then install the latest version of GPU tweak 2, or not, is up to you. It seems this Asus app is failing after the latest Nvidia driver. Can't say for sure if this software has to do with anything so far.

NOTE: I have to say that the vents and temperatures remain stable in the whole process. But here are my idle and gaming temps which have been constant as same as the voltages:
    *Idle:
    -CPU: 33C° to 36C°
    -GPU: Using GPU Tweak no silent profile: 32 to 34°C. Silent profile: 44°C
    *Gaming:
    -CPU:
    52 to 64C°
    -GPU: No more than 62°C even with vents at half speed

As you can see everything seems to be normal. The PCI cables are connected as the one at the far right in the image attached (I read an article describing that Focus and other PSUs were under providing watts to the GPUs so a major failure could come in the near future for our beloved GPUs, so you need to make sure you have two PCI cables connected to provide full wattage as described in image with green ticks)

My Guessings and blind suppositions:
    -Could it be the GHub latest update? Can't tell because before the 22866 version the Issue 1 was already happening. In such a case, Ghub could be part of Issue 2?
    -I can't really tell if GPU Tweak II has something to do. Maybe the dll error it is only a separated issue because with or without that software
    -How can I diagnose if it is a Hardware issue which I hope it is not!

RTX2060 Rog Strix: TOTAL FREEZE OF THE HEART xLQhJdi.jpg

RTX2060 Rog Strix: TOTAL FREEZE OF THE HEART UzRp9kn.jpg

THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING GUYS! HOPE THIS ALSO CONTRIBUTES TO OTHERS HAVING SIMILAR ISSUES!
    ===
    Specs:RTX2060 Asus Rog Strix OC6
    I58400 2.4 GHZ (runs at 3898 MHZ max)
    16GB Ram, dual channel
    PRIME Z370-P
    Focus 80 Gold, 650W
    Logitech G633 headset
    Logitech G403 Gaming Mouse
    XMP Profile #1

:)

nanakji, Aug 5, 2019

2. ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F Gaming Motherboard Sata Ports 3 and 6 Issue

Hi Rjnagy.

According to manual those are ports 5 and 6

Further it comments that these ports will be shared when a SATA / PCIe mode m.2 device is installed.

Interesting because when mine is running m2 PCIe those ports are disable. Of course mine is a different architecture.

Not sure if you made a lot of changes to BIOS. What I would suggest, if you know your BIOS settings, remove m2, then load defaults in BIOS, save and see if that wakes them up.

I believe you will have issues if you want your m2 installed as well. Is your m2 Sata or PCIe?

You could contact Asus and confirm with your specific m2 if those ports are disable.

Your manual

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboa...lpDesk_Manual/

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 BSOD, DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, Asus ROG STRIX GL553VD

Hi there,

I've been getting a lot of BSOD's on my laptop recently.

Could someone please help my fix this.

Here is some information about my laptop.

Model: Asus ROG STRIX GL553VD

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

OS Version: 10.0.16299 Build 16299

What happens before the BSOD.

If a program makes my system unresponsive, I receive a BSOD after a minute or so of waiting.

The error message on the BSOD is 'DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE'.

Examples of my system becoming unresponsive and leading to a BSOD:

• When Playerunknown's Battlegrounds crashes. (It has been doing this a lot recently. I'm not sure why. Possibly a driver issue?)
    • While I'm trying to use the Android Emulator provided with Android Studio.
      (Just makes the system unresponsive)
    • Counter Strike Global Office crashes while repetitively tabbing in and out.

Information about my latest BSOD when Playerunkown's Battlegrounds crashed:

Here is a full list of my installed drivers

(sorry, I couldn't make it look better)

Sorry for bothering the community for help. I just really want to get this fixed.

I've also seen that a lot of people with laptops similar to mine are having this issue but haven't been able to find a detailed solution.

If you need more information, just ask.

Cheers,

Jonty.

Jonty-Morris, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Chino Win User

ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces ROG Strix Fusion 700 and ROG Strix Fusion Wireless

ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) today announced Strix Fusion 700 and Strix Fusion Wireless, two new wireless headsets designed to provide gamers total freedom of movement and convenient connectivity for uninterrupted gaming experiences. ROG Strix Fusion 700 features Bluetooth 4.2, which lets gamers simultaneously connect the headset wirelessly to their phone and to their PC via USB, so they can answer incoming calls using intuitive headset touch controls without interrupting gameplay. ROG Strix Fusion Wireless features dual 2.4GHz antennas, 50mm ASUS Essence drivers and an exclusive airtight chamber design to deliver stable, great-sounding audio for gaming and entertainment. The ROG Strix Fusion Series has recently been recognized with a prestigious iF Design Award 2018, demonstrating why ROG products continue to be the preferred choice of gamers and enthusiasts around the world.

ROG Strix Fusion 700
    ROG Strix Fusion 700 offers versatile connectivity with Bluetooth 4.2 for wireless connections to PCs and phones, and USB 2.0 for wired connections to PCs, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch. With Bluetooth 4.2, gamers can simultaneously connect ROG Strix Fusion 700 to their phone wirelessly and to their PC via USB, so they can enjoy high-quality gaming audio and answer phone or VoIP calls without interrupting their game - perfect for team chat. Intuitive touch controls on the left ear cup let gamers easily answer and disconnect from calls, as well as instantly adjust volume and other audio settings.

RTX2060 Rog Strix: TOTAL FREEZE OF THE HEART NYZkbVeij30MBZZJ_thm.jpg

ROG Strix Fusion 700 also has all the flagship features of the Fusion Series. It is High-Res Audio-certified and boasts a built-in ESS digital-to-analog converter (DAC) and amplifier, 50mm ASUS Essence drivers and an exclusive airtight chamber design to deliver unmatched high-fidelity gaming audio with deep, punchy bass. For more immersive gaming experiences, ROG Strix Fusion 700 integrates custom 7.1 virtual surround sound developed in close collaboration with Bongiovi Acoustics and optimized for better in-game awareness in first-person shooter games such as PUBG, Fortnite, CS:GO and Overwatch.

In addition, teams can create a captivating vibe at LAN parties or gaming tournaments with headset-to-headset RGB light synchronization. With the Aura Headset app, gamers can select and adjust headset lighting and easily synchronize it to all other headsets with one tap. ROG Strix Fusion 700 also features Aura Sync technology that enables lighting synchronization with other supported ROG products to create stunning system lighting effects.

ROG Strix Fusion Wireless
    ROG Strix Fusion Wireless is designed to deliver great audio quality combined with total freedom of movement and excellent battery life. Compatible with PC and PlayStation 4, the headset features dual 2.4GHz antennas for stable, low-latency audio transmission, even in environments with multiple Wi-Fi networks and lots of potential interference, such as apartment buildings and busy public areas. 50mm ASUS Essence drivers and exclusive airtight-chamber technology provide true-to-life audio that is ideal for gaming, and its easy-to-use touch controls ensure an all-around smooth experience.

With long-lasting battery life, ROG Strix Fusion Wireless lets users who enjoy around two hours of casual gaming or music listening per day go for at least eight days between charges. For hardcore gamers, the headset can provide 15+ hours of nonstop, intensive gaming. With an improved range of up to 20 meters, gamers can walk away from their computer without worry of audio dropouts.

Chino, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

1. RTX2060 Rog Strix: TOTAL FREEZE OF THE HEART - Similar Threads - RTX2060 Rog Strix

2. asus rog strix g16

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    asus rog strix g16: In event viewer i keep getting event errors: metadata failure id131 and kernel tracing error id 2 I've searched up solutions done a bunch but the ones I haven't done are risky and could brick my laptop so imam refrain from that so if someone could guide through some safe...
  3. disable function laptop rog strix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable function laptop rog strix: Hello, I want help regarding the fn button. I need to make it stop when I turn up the volume or turn it off. I cannot do it on the ROG Strix laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-function-laptop-rog-strix/a3fe0fcc-6360-4968-a094-b3dcd63f08e4
  4. Asus Rog Strix G16

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus Rog Strix G16: Hello, I need help with my Asus Rog Strix G16 laptop I just bought it and everytime I unplug or plug the laptop to charge it just black screen for a couple of second. Could anyone show me how to fix that problem...
  5. Asus Rog Strix G16

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus Rog Strix G16: Hello, I need help with my Asus Rog Strix G16 laptop I just bought it and everytime I unplug or plug the laptop to charge it just black screen for a couple of second. Could anyone show me how to fix that problem...
  6. rog strix battery dies overnight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rog strix battery dies overnight: so i got a strix g17 4 days agoit has been dying overnight for the last 3 daysevent viewer says "kernel power" "the system returned from connected standby reason 53/reason power button/reason 16777229reinstalling windows yesterday didnt fix it***** moved from german to...
  7. BSOD Problem in ROG strix g715ih

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Problem in ROG strix g715ih: Hi i have a problem about BSOD it says ntos.krnl and sometimes kmode exeption not handled.I watched youtube how to fix it but it didnt work at all but it just longer my activity of using the laptop because i always got the BSOD every 15 minutes or less and sometimes it just...
  8. BSOD Problem in ROG strix g715ih

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Problem in ROG strix g715ih: Hi i have a problem about BSOD it says ntos.krnl and sometimes kmode exeption not handled.I watched youtube how to fix it but it didnt work at all but it just longer my activity of using the laptop because i always got the BSOD every 15 minutes or less and sometimes it just...
  9. Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080: So i happened to have this little accident that a cat decided to pee on my pc and a small amount of it landed on my GPU which i did not apparently clean out well enough and it ended up ruining a few components. Is it possible to find any component map of the gpu to see what...
  10. Rog strix 1080 gpu schematic

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Rog strix 1080 gpu schematic: Does anyone know where i can get a schematic for this GPU, it's 8 and 4 pin power Gpu. GP104-410-A1 Gpu i found a 8 pin only schematic but it differs too much. Thanks 169689