Windows 10: Rubbish installed with Windows 10 Pro (Disney games, Candy Crush)

Discus and support Rubbish installed with Windows 10 Pro (Disney games, Candy Crush) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is anyone else annoyed about all the crap that comes pre-installed with Windows 10 (Pro)? I assume people must have complained but Microsoft doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by THX1138, Feb 7, 2018.

1. THX1138 Win User

Rubbish installed with Windows 10 Pro (Disney games, Candy Crush)

Is anyone else annoyed about all the crap that comes pre-installed with Windows 10 (Pro)? I assume people must have complained but Microsoft doesn't care? I realise some people got their OS upgrade for free but I paid for my Windows installation (and got the "Pro" version (what's professional about this?)) since I built a new computer and the ordeal of setting up my computer after re-installing Windows is made worse by having to remove a plethora of utter rubbish. It's genuinely insulting to have this childish nonsense pre-installed on my machine, like Microsoft assumes I've got nothing better to do with my time.

:)

THX1138, Feb 7, 2018
  2. Doc_Jones Win User

Games download and install without permission

I just had to uninstall Candy Crush Saga and A disney game. The following day, the Disney game downloaded and installed on my computer again, without my permission.

I've scanned for malware. with no results. Is this something that the microsoft store is doing?

* Moved from Virus & Malware

Doc_Jones, Feb 7, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu Apps stuck and unable to be uninstalled

Hi, its 7/3/2018 , ive just installed and updated win 10 pro , I have the very same problem ,

these files appear and cant be removed , autodesk, Spotify, msn news , dolby audio, Disney , candy crush and bubble itch saga 3 , they cant be removed via , right click, or in add remove prog area , ?

is it MALWARE? from windows !?

RandAlThorr, Feb 7, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Superuser has a great article that explains how to list all the installed packages on your PC. You can then use the package name their PowerShell script provides to selectively delete the ones you don't want. Yes, it's a PITA, but it can be done. Uninstall Apps in Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials
    Check 'em out! And FWIW, I agree that it's odd that MS chooses to install such stuff on the OS, but I also understand that they get paid to do it, so for them it's just another source of revenue.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 7, 2018
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Feb 7, 2018
  6. Cr00zng Win User
    Unfortunately, turning off automatic installation of suggested apps is per user, or HKCU and not HKLM basis. Any ways to do this on the HKLM basis?
    TIA...

PS: Rubbish for one might be a treasure for another... there is that... *really

Cr00zng, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Rubbish installed with Windows 10 Pro (Disney games, Candy Crush) - Similar Threads - Rubbish installed Pro

2. Candy Crush Soda Saga game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Candy Crush Soda Saga game: I am having a problem opening this game now. I have been playing it for a long time but recently when I went to play it it won't open. I tried uninstallng and reinstalling but it still just flashes and won't open. Any help?...
  3. Candy Crush Soda Saga game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Candy Crush Soda Saga game: I am having a problem opening this game now. I have been playing it for a long time but recently when I went to play it it won't open. I tried uninstallng and reinstalling but it still just flashes and won't open. Any help?...
  4. candy crush

candy crush: hello! my name is mariem elmrabit,i'm student at high school technique, i'm from laayoune city in morocco, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/candy-crush/5de2b9bc-eb59-46f0-933a-0888cbfb1c53
  5. candy crush

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    candy crush: my e-mail to candy crush is ............................... but when i try to to the candy shop there is a different e-mail address that i do not recognize nor do i have any way to access the candy shop because i do not have the password. please help me i have been trying to...
  6. Candy Crush

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Candy Crush: My issue is that when im playing Candy Crush (The one that came preinstalled on Windows 10) the game sometimes freezes. I want to reinstall it or find another way but i went to Control Panel and i can't see the game there. What should i do?...
  7. candy crush & candy crush soda

candy crush & candy crush soda: Hi, can you tell me why candy crush started crashing last month so it got unplayable & in the 7/10 days candy crush soda has started crashing??...
  8. Candy Crush

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Candy Crush: Out of interest, has anybody on this forum ever actually used it? 90652
  9. Candy Crush on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Candy Crush on Windows 10: Is there any way I can play Candy Crush on Windows 10 without the whole Facebook interaction business? I don't have Facebook and don't want it either. I got to level 60 and now it wants me to ask friends for lives or help or something on Facebook before I can continue....
  10. No Candy Crush Saga

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Candy Crush Saga: I thought win 10 supposed to have this game. Installed win 10 utilizing the MS media creation tool. 10961