Windows 10: Rufus options

Discus and support Rufus options in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! I want to reinstall windows 10 and in a video that I watched the guy change the system type in rufus to NTFS. Is it what I should do too? Thanks!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GrFrim-, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Rufus options

Hi! I want to reinstall windows 10 and in a video that I watched the guy change the system type in rufus to NTFS. Is it what I should do too? Thanks!

submitted by /u/GrFrim-
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GrFrim-, Aug 21, 2020
  2. jsfitz54 Win User

Rufus 2.18, last update to support Windows XP and Vista

SEE HERE: http://rufus.akeo.ie/

Changelog
    • Version 2.18 (2017.11.07)
      • Ensure that the same drive is reselected on device refresh
      • Add a cheat mode to cycle the USB port of currently selected device
      • Make lookup for updatable .cfg file more generic (e.g. ESET SysRescue)
      • Fix handling of multiextent ISOs (e.g. BlackArch Linux)
      • Fix propagation of image decompression errors
      • Update grub4dos to latest
      RUFUS 2.18 IS THE LAST RELEASE TO SUPPORT WINDOWS XP AND WINDOWS VISTA.
      FUTURE RELEASES WILL NO LONGER BE COMPATIBLE WITH THESE PLATFORMS!

jsfitz54, Aug 21, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Rufus options

Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Rufus options

1. Rufus options - Similar Threads - Rufus options

2. Is a Utility called Rufus a legit program to install windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is a Utility called Rufus a legit program to install windows 11?: Is a Utility called Rufus a legit program to install windows 11?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-a-utility-called-rufus-a-legit-program-to/a808a8e2-3e70-4200-852e-001156371bf4
  3. Is a Utility called Rufus a legit program to install windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is a Utility called Rufus a legit program to install windows 11?: Is a Utility called Rufus a legit program to install windows 11?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-a-utility-called-rufus-a-legit-program-to/a808a8e2-3e70-4200-852e-001156371bf4
  4. Laptop local drive not seen when using ISO bootable USB created with Rufus, but local drive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop local drive not seen when using ISO bootable USB created with Rufus, but local drive...: I have several laptops & desktops along with volume licensing.On the desktops, my bootable win 10/win11 iso works just fine created with Rufus, I can boot to the USB and install windows on the local drive, no issues. When I use that same USB on several variations of laptops...
  5. Laptop local drive not seen when using ISO bootable USB created with Rufus, but local drive...

Laptop local drive not seen when using ISO bootable USB created with Rufus, but local drive...: I have several laptops & desktops along with volume licensing.On the desktops, my bootable win 10/win11 iso works just fine created with Rufus, I can boot to the USB and install windows on the local drive, no issues. When I use that same USB on several variations of laptops...
  6. Laptop local drive not seen when using ISO bootable USB created with Rufus, but local drive...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 11 Using Rufus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Using Rufus: Read This Article And Tell Me Does It's A Legal Way To Install Windows 11 In Unsupported PC? https://www.theverge.com/2022/7/1/23191794/windows-11-install-microsoft-account-tpm-restrictions-rufus...
  8. Windows 11 Using Rufus

Windows 11 Using Rufus: Read This Article And Tell Me Does It's A Legal Way To Install Windows 11 In Unsupported PC? https://www.theverge.com/2022/7/1/23191794/windows-11-install-microsoft-account-tpm-restrictions-rufus...
  9. How do i setup The correct options on rufus for my usb flash drive??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do i setup The correct options on rufus for my usb flash drive??: So i just bought a usb Fladh drive for my birthday today, and i am installing windows10 on to it, so that i can fix the recovery error on my other laptop, But i want to make sure that i know what i am doing, Any answers?? My lsptop is: hp 15-bs212xx 64bits flash drive...
  10. How do i setup The correct options on rufus for my usb flash drive??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do i setup The correct options on rufus for my usb flash drive??: So i just bought a usb Fladh drive for my birthday today, and i am installing windows10 on to it, so that i can fix the recovery error on my other laptop, But i want to make sure that i know what i am doing, Any answers???...