Windows 10: Ruler will not rotate and shapes icon does not appear in Windows Whiteboard

Discus and support Ruler will not rotate and shapes icon does not appear in Windows Whiteboard in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The ruler will not move or rotate when using Whiteboard, and the shapes feature is not there. How do I enable these features? Thanks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SteveWolf2, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Ruler will not rotate and shapes icon does not appear in Windows Whiteboard

The ruler will not move or rotate when using Whiteboard, and the shapes feature is not there.

How do I enable these features?

Thanks.

:)

SteveWolf2, Mar 8, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Digital ruler now available in Insider Fast builds of PowerPoint 2016

Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...8-496b3ce45644

Brink, Mar 8, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Windows Ink Workspace Sketchpad Rotate Ruler Tenth of a Degree

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In which application are you trying to use Windows Ink Pen?

To Rotate the Ruler in 15-degree increments:

• Hold down the Alt key and tap the
      left
      or right arrow once for each increment.
    • The left arrow rotates the ruler counterclockwise; the
      right arrow rotates it clockwise.

The Alt+Ctrl+arrow key combination can also be used by Windows to rotate your display monitor. The monitor-rotation feature is controlled by the graphics card of a computer. If that feature is turned on for your computer, it will take
    priority over the Ruler shortcut key, and the result will be that your monitor display will be rotated
    90 degrees when you press Alt+Ctrl+right or
    left
    arrow key. You can reset your monitor rotation by pressing
    Alt+Ctrl+up arrow.

For more information, you may refer to the support article on -

If the issue persists with Office application, I recommend you to post your query on
    Office Forums.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Mar 8, 2020
  4. Ruler will not rotate and shapes icon does not appear in Windows Whiteboard

Windows Ink Workspace Sketchpad Rotate Ruler Tenth of a Degree

Hi Mala, thanks for your answer.

I use Windows 10 Pro. There is a Windows Ink Workspace application icon near the clock. From that I select Sketchpad.

Arrows don't rotate the ruler for me, they change the selected instrument on the top right of the screen. Modifiers don't affect that behavior. Display monitor is also not rotated.

vovatancor, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

Ruler will not rotate and shapes icon does not appear in Windows Whiteboard

1. Ruler will not rotate and shapes icon does not appear in Windows Whiteboard - Similar Threads - Ruler rotate shapes

2. Rotate ruler in Snip & Sketch without mouse scroll wheel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rotate ruler in Snip & Sketch without mouse scroll wheel: Hey all,Windows 10 all patched etc, desktop PC.How do I rotate the ruler in Snip & Sketch without a mouse scroll wheel? Is there a keyboard shortcut?thanksjc...
  3. Strange shapes appear in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange shapes appear in Windows 10: I have a problem with the appearance of strange shapes as in the picture, and they appear and then disappear repeatedly, and they also disappear after scrolling on themI had Windows 7 and it did not have this problem, but after installing Windows 10 it appeared...
  4. Strange shapes appear in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange shapes appear in Windows 10: I have a problem with the appearance of strange shapes as in the picture, and they appear and then disappear repeatedly, and they also disappear after scrolling on themI had Windows 7 and it did not have this problem, but after installing Windows 10 it appeared...
  5. Strange shapes appear in Windows 10

6. Wifi icon does not appear.

Wifi icon does not appear.: I have Windows 10 on my laptop and it was connected to wifi before and it worked great. I turned on my computer this afternoon and out of nowhere I can't connect to wifi or don't even see a wifi icon. It keeps telling me that ethernet is disconnected, but I never connected it...
  7. Wifi icon does not appear.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi icon does not appear.: I have Windows 10 on my laptop and it was connected to wifi before and it worked great. I turned on my computer this afternoon and out of nowhere I can't connect to wifi or don't even see a wifi icon. It keeps telling me that ethernet is disconnected, but I never connected it...
  8. Wifi icon does not appear.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi icon does not appear.: I have Windows 10 version 21H1 and was connected to wifi before. I turned on my computer one morning and all of a sudden I can't connect to Wi-Fi or don't even see a Wi-Fi icon. It keeps telling me that ethernet is disconnected, but I never connected it with an ethernet...
  9. Rotating the ruler in whiteboard without a mouse

Rotating the ruler in whiteboard without a mouse: I am using whiteboard with a drawing pad/pen instead of the mouse. This means I do not have a scrollwheel, yet this seems to be the only way to rotate the ruler in whiteboard. I have tried using the alt+arrow keys as suggested elsehwere, but this has no effect. Is there...
  10. Microsoft Whiteboard: how to rotate a composite drawing

Microsoft Whiteboard: how to rotate a composite drawing: When drawing in Whiteboard, a completed drawing often consists of multiple elements, or objects. Single objects can be rotated, but a selection of multiple objects does not have the rotation handle. How can I rotate a composite drawing without having to rotate and move each...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windiws 10 whiteboard HOW TO rotate scale

2. ruler in whiteboard does not rotate

3. win 10 windows ink workspace ruler ROTATE