Windows 10: Rules for new Microsoft sign in PIN

Discus and support Rules for new Microsoft sign in PIN in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I keep getting a request that I make a PIN when I sign into Microsoft 10. At first I tried to fight it because I didn't want one more thing to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LUVSITE, Jan 21, 2019.

1. LUVSITE Win User

Rules for new Microsoft sign in PIN

I keep getting a request that I make a PIN when I sign into Microsoft 10. At first I tried to fight it because I didn't want one more thing to remember, I am 75 years old this year and my memory doesn't work very well. I went through forums looking for how to go back to using my old password and tried all of the ideas and none of them work. I understand that some people get a message asking to create a pin later but I don't get that, just a locked in loop, when I hit cancel it takes me back to create a PIN. So reluctantly I am willing to create a PIN and I know that will lead to a nightmare of not understanding what is wanted. Still, what are the rules for creating a PIN? How many characters? Alpha, numeric, special characters, capital letters? I can find nothing on this. I have no idea what to do, or what this is for, or when I should use it. Currently I turn off my computer to get out of the PIN request and the second time windows 10 loads it allows me to log on with my old windows password

:)

LUVSITE, Jan 21, 2019

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Using Pin to sign on continues to fail

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with signing in to User Account using PIN.

I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to corrupt User Account.

I suggest you to create a new User Account and try to create a PIN for it. Check if you can login to that User Account using PIN.

To create a new User Account follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Type ‘Add, delete and manage other user accounts’ in search box.
    • Now click on ‘Add someone else to this pc’.
    • And follow the instructions to create a new User Account.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jan 21, 2019
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Rules for new Microsoft sign in PIN - Similar Threads - Rules Microsoft sign

2. PIN Sign-in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN Sign-in: My computer recently asked me to change my login PIN for my personal computer. It asked me to do this because my organization required a stronger pin. My computer should not be part of an organization, I suspect that it is doing this because I used my school account which has...
  3. xbox microsoft sign in security pin???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    xbox microsoft sign in security pin???: how can I find my security pin for xbox sign in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-microsoft-sign-in-security-pin/b3b5a716-266c-4192-846e-7ca081be85f8
  4. Microsoft Account and Sign in rules

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account and Sign in rules: I want to totally remove all of the sign in PIN, Password, Key or anything that stops this computer from simply turning on when I turn it on. Will Windows 10 perform normally, like a generic un-profiled computer if I delete the account? Or will it lock me out? I have all my...
  5. What are the rules for Microsoft Rewards?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are the rules for Microsoft Rewards?: Please, I'm new into this, pls respond and pls tell me the rule. I've been enrolled in this program for 9 days. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-the-rules-for-microsoft-rewards/f9974d9a-531d-4f79-b4fe-0bdc05970cd2
  6. Microsoft sign in for new PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft sign in for new PC: I've tried to sign into my new pc with my Microsoft account however after signing in once it asks me to use the Microsoft account password or windows hello one. It does not accept my Microsoft password and I do not know my windows hello password how can I find it?...
  7. Microsoft Outlook - Rules

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Outlook - Rules: We've sent a marketing campaign on behalf of someone to a large group of contacts (thousands). The individual has started to receive bounce backs in their inbox although another email address was put in place capture this as well as direct replies. We've set up rules within...
  8. pin sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    pin sign in: Hello I want to ask hoe to cancel signing in with pin or password in windows 10 education https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-sign-in/5f653336-3dba-4308-87b6-9a0389f12123"
  9. Microsoft PIN cannot be added to sign in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft PIN cannot be added to sign in: Hello, When I set up my new ASUS laptop, Windows 10, it automatically used an Outlook email account for my sign in. I never did use a PIN for sign in. I also opted for the Local account sign in, as an alternative. Since then I had trouble with Internet Explorer which froze...
  10. Microsoft PIN cannot be added to sign in

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft PIN cannot be added to sign in: Hello, When I set up my new ASUS laptop, Windows 10, it automatically used an Outlook email account for my sign in. I never did use a PIN for sign in. I also opted for the Local account sign in, as an alternative. Since then I had trouble with Internet Explorer which froze...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what are rules on ms pin