Windows 10: Rumor pegs Windows 9 release for next year, Windows 10 as a Cloud OS.

Discus and support Rumor pegs Windows 9 release for next year, Windows 10 as a Cloud OS. in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Steve Ballmer is stepping down in 12 months or less, so it’s time for the wild Microsoft-related speculation to begin! There’s already been talk on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by nommy the first, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Rumor pegs Windows 9 release for next year, Windows 10 as a Cloud OS.

Read more here: http://www.geek.com/microsoft/rumor-...ud-os-1568563/

Nommy

:)

nommy the first, Oct 9, 2013

2. Windows 10 update problems

Yes, Windows has now moved to a service model where instead of releasing a service Pack or a whole OS after some years or so, the OS gets updated regularly now after 5 or 6 months.

The next major update is rumored to be called as redstone which would arrive Spring this year

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 9, 2013
  3. 7thSense Win User
    When is Windows Phone 8.1 coming out?

Before 8.1 is coming out we will see 8.0 GDR3 before the end of the year. Sometime early next year 8.1 is rumored to be released. No info has been released on this though..

7thSense, Oct 9, 2013
  4. Stephanie Win User

Rumor pegs Windows 9 release for next year, Windows 10 as a Cloud OS.

Rumor - Windows 9 release for next year, now that's quite exciting and I'm thinking how available will this new operating system be in terms of cost to the public ?

Stephanie, Oct 9, 2013
  5. marsmimar Win User
    Rumor has it (well ... at least MY rumor has it) that in order to access Windows 9 on a traditional PC, one will have to have a Windows 9 phone with a Windows 9 smart app that scans your fingerprint and iris to verify identity. That will unlock Windows 9 on the phone. Then you will be able to use your phone to access your Surface 9 Pro which will have its own identity verification process. Once that's done you'll be provided with a Computer Recognition Access Program (CRAP) that will give you a 15 second period to log in to your traditional desktop or laptop PC. Microsoft is hoping this will kill off desktops and laptops once and for all, forcing everyone to use only Microsoft products.

marsmimar, Oct 9, 2013
  6. Lebon14 Win User
    I just hope that Windows 9 will separate desktop/laptop and mobile device OS. Seriously.

@marsmimar Unfortunately, your comment seem to have some truth and I do not, for the life of me, look forward to it.

Lebon14, Oct 13, 2013
  7. TBolt Win User
    Why would Microsoft change course in Win 9 by separating PCs from mobile? Aren't all the major OS vendors (ie: Apple, Google) trying to blend computing whether it be on a computer, tablet or phone?

TBolt, Oct 22, 2013
  8. Boozad Win User

I don't think Microsoft need to change course with Windows 9, they need to expand the base OS options for Windows 9. The reaction to Windows 8 was a pure Marmite effect with Windows 7 fans hating it, and that's a large customer base to cut off. I really don't think it would be that hard for Microsoft to offer a desktop version and a more mobile orientated version, they please both customer bases and maximise profit. A phone can (and has been able to) interface with a desktop OS since XP.
    I doubt that's the way they'll go, but I know little to nothing about W9 as it stands so it's unrealistic for me to speculate.

Boozad, Oct 23, 2013
  9. Totally agree.
    In the very early 20th century Henry Ford said "you can have any color you like as long as it is black"
    That attitude would go down like a lead balloon to-day.
    MS ... Two products is not rocket science.
    A walk down the aisle of any supermarket shows diversity is survival.

As a heavy user of AutoCad and number crunching on 5 desktop PCs ... mobile device OS would be useless

bawldiggle, Oct 30, 2013
  10. A Guy Win User
    Welcome to Nine Forums bawldiggle.

A Guy, Oct 30, 2013
  11. Here's hoping it's a worthy successor to Win7 so we can all grow old(er) together.

gregrocker, Oct 31, 2013
  12. A Guy Win User
    Welcome to Nine Forums Greg *Wink

A Guy, Oct 31, 2013
  13. Stephanie Win User

My sentiments exactly.

Stephanie, Oct 31, 2013
  14. pebbly Win User
    pebbly, Nov 1, 2013
  15. Kari Win User
    Somewhat confusing article, looks like posted today but contains elements that reveal it could be quite old. Makes me doubt its authenticity and reliability.

Take for instance the two first paragraphs. My comments in red italic, IMO strange parts in original in bold blue:
    Further:
    As we know Windows 8.1 comes with IE11, final not a beta.

Thema:

1. Rumor pegs Windows 9 release for next year, Windows 10 as a Cloud OS. - Similar Threads - Rumor pegs release

2. Why are People saying Windows 12 will be released next year

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are People saying Windows 12 will be released next year: Hello So far I am tired of people saying Windows 12 is a thing no it is not coming out the leaks arr just talking about a windows 11 update and not Windows 12 I am so tired of these fake leaks and can someone from Microsoft please confirm that Windows 11 is here to stay for a...
  3. Why are People saying Windows 12 will be released next year

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are People saying Windows 12 will be released next year: Hello So far I am tired of people saying Windows 12 is a thing no it is not coming out the leaks arr just talking about a windows 11 update and not Windows 12 I am so tired of these fake leaks and can someone from Microsoft please confirm that Windows 11 is here to stay for a...
  4. Is Microsoft releasing Windows 12 next year?

in Windows 10 News
    Is Microsoft releasing Windows 12 next year?: More and more leaks suggest that Microsoft is working on a Windows 11 successor, that it will be named Windows 12, and that it will be released in the second half of 2024. [ATTACH] Note: these leaks should be classified as rumors at this point, as Microsoft has not...
  5. Rumor: Microsoft plans to release new major Windows versions every three years

in Windows 10 News
    Rumor: Microsoft plans to release new major Windows versions every three years: The following information needs to be taken with a grain of salt, as it has not been confirmed by Microsoft at this point. [ATTACH] According to Windows Central, Microsoft plans to move from the current one-feature-update-per-year release cycle to a once-every-three-years...
  6. Another Rumor about the Win 9 Preview release date

in Windows 10 News
    Another Rumor about the Win 9 Preview release date: Microsoft to Launch Windows 9 Preview in February 2015 – Rumor More: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Micro...r-442433.shtml 1572
  7. Windows 9 Preview to Be Released for Download Later This Year

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Preview to Be Released for Download Later This Year: Windows 9 is most likely the hottest project currently prepared by Microsoft at this point and even though the company says absolutely nothing about it, we still have quite a lot of details about the operating system that's expected to revamp Redmond's modern platform. Now...
  8. Cybercriminals Leverage Rumored Windows 9 Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Cybercriminals Leverage Rumored Windows 9 Preview: Cybercriminals Leverage Rumored Windows 9 Developer Preview Release With Social Engineering We’re seeing schemes that are taking advantage of the buzz around the upcoming developer preview release of Windows™ 9 this September. One of the threats we saw was found using...
  9. Windows 9 Preview to Launch This Year, New Activation System in the Works – Rumor

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Preview to Launch This Year, New Activation System in the Works – Rumor: Windows 9 is work in progress at Microsoft and new rumors coming via Russian leaker WZor reveal some pretty interesting tidbits about this fresh version of the operating system. In a post published on Russian-language forum Ru-Board, WZor says that Microsoft is very likely...
  10. Windows 8.2 release date, news and rumors

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 8.2 release date, news and rumors: With Windows 8.1, Microsoft addressed some of the problems that scuffed the original Windows 8 release, smoothing the cracks between desktop and touch UIs, improving snapped apps, and allowing users to boot direct to the desktop, among other tweaks and fixes. For many, this...