Windows 10: Rumor: Windows 10 Store for Business and Education are going away

Discus and support Rumor: Windows 10 Store for Business and Education are going away in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; When Microsoft launched the Windows 10 operating system in 2015, it included a Windows Store application designed as a central repository for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jan 13, 2020.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Rumor: Windows 10 Store for Business and Education are going away

When Microsoft launched the Windows 10 operating system in 2015, it included a Windows Store application designed as a central repository for applications and other offers. One of the main ideas behind Windows 10 was to get users to shift from using Win32 applications -- the classic Windows programs -- to Windows apps that were distributed via the Store.

The strategy backfired as users and organizations ignored Store applications for the most part. Microsoft did launch separate stores for businesses and for Education, called Windows Store for Business and Store for Education, but these too were underachievers.

The two stores were designed to give administrators additional options in regards to distributing applications and use them to manage custom applications.

Rumor: Windows 10 Store for Business and Education are going away microsoft-store-for-business.png

It appears that the time has come for the Windows Store for Business and Education. A new article on ZDnet by Mary Jo Foley suggests that Microsoft may deprecate the stores this year. Mary Jo cites unnamed sources within Microsoft but Microsoft has not provided an official statement regarding the two stores.

Microsoft shifted its strategy in regards to the main Microsoft Store (formerly known as Windows Store) in 2019 from an all-in approach to making it one (of many) means of distribution. Even that Store may not survive in its current form as it is possible that it won't be included in future versions of Windows 10 anymore (but remain available on the Web).

As far as the stores for Business and Education are concerned, Mary Jo reports that these stores will be deprecated. She suggests that June 30, 2020 may mark the end for these stores or is the date that customers are informed that the stores are deprecated.

Deprecated does not necessarily mean that the stores are removed immediately. It is quite possible that Microsoft will announce the deprecation on June 30, 2020 but will keep the Stores on light maintenance and open for a period of time. Organizations that use the Store would probably want more than just a couple of months to shift certain Store-related things to other means of distribution.

It remains to be seen how all of this will play out in 2020. For now, it is filed under rumor as there has been no official confirmation or denial by Microsoft.

Now You: Have you used any of the Microsoft App stores in the past?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Rumor: Windows 10 Store for Business and Education are going away appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jan 13, 2020
  2. ROBERT530 Win User

Rumor has it that MICROSOFT is going out of business in 2016

Rumor has it that MICROSOFT is going out of business in 2016. also i have heard that this is the last windows made..

true or false

ROBERT530, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft to phase out Microsoft Store for Business and Education

Read more: Microsoft is planning to phase out the Windows 10 Store for Business | ZDNet

Brink, Jan 13, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Rumor: Windows 10 Store for Business and Education are going away - Similar Threads - Rumor Store Business

2. Can a business use Windows 10 Education?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can a business use Windows 10 Education?: Our organization purchased quite a few laptops that came preinstalled with Windows 10 educationmainly because they were the only rugged laptops that had the features we need. Our MSP has told us that it is not acceptable for a business to use the education version of Windows,...
  3. Can a business use Windows 10 Education?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can a business use Windows 10 Education?: Our organization purchased quite a few laptops that came preinstalled with Windows 10 educationmainly because they were the only rugged laptops that had the features we need. Our MSP has told us that it is not acceptable for a business to use the education version of Windows,...
  4. Can a business use Windows 10 Education?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Store logo does not go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store logo does not go away: Store logo still showing for couple of minutes now and not showing the main page. I cant access it even I run reset and run the troubleshooter of Store. I'm just using this yesterday without problem....
  6. Store logo does not go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store logo does not go away: Store logo still showing for couple of minutes now and not showing the main page. I cant access it even I run reset and run the troubleshooter of Store. I'm just using this yesterday without problem....
  7. Store logo does not go away

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  8. Can a business use Windows 10 Education?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can a business use Windows 10 Education?: Hi, I am planning on selling my custom built PC to my dad's business. As I am a student, I was able to install Windows 10 Education on it for free. Now that I am selling it, my dad is concerned if he is allowed to use the Education version of Windows for business purposes....
  9. Microsoft to phase out Microsoft Store for Business and Education

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to phase out Microsoft Store for Business and Education: Microsoft is continuing to try to clean up its digital app-store mess. Its latest planned move, according to my contacts: Get rid of the Microsoft Store for Business and Microsoft Store for Education. The Microsoft Store, originally known as the Windows Store, is Microsoft's...
  10. Can someone clarify a rumor? Taskbar positioning/sizing going away?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can someone clarify a rumor? Taskbar positioning/sizing going away?: Reading this TechRadar article, I was startled to see this: As for the features which are no longer under active development, these include the roaming of Taskbar settings (where it’s positioned, whether it auto-hides, and so forth), and Microsoft advises that this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is Microsoft store going away

2. microsoft store for business going away