Windows 10: Rumour claims Xbox One games will eventually run on Windows 10 PCs

Discus and support Rumour claims Xbox One games will eventually run on Windows 10 PCs in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft remains fully committed to its gaming business and it also has plans to improve gaming on Windows 10 PCs. According to reports, the successor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 25, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Rumour claims Xbox One games will eventually run on Windows 10 PCs

Microsoft remains fully committed to its gaming business and it also has plans to improve gaming on Windows 10 PCs. According to reports, the successor to Xbox One X has been codenamed ‘Anaconda’ and there is a lesser powered console which is codenamed ‘Lockhart’.

On the software side of things, the consoles are rumoured to support ‘GameCore‘ which could be a part of Windows Core OS to benefit both consoles and PCs. GameCore is could allow the game developers to use Xbox services on both PC and Xbox.

The speculation is that GameCore will pave the future of playing the same game on both Windows and Xbox. While all these details are based on rumours, the recent findings suggest that Microsoft is indeed looking for ways to make this possible.

Earlier this month, Microsoft rolled out Insider Preview Build 18334 to test new gaming technology on Windows 10 and the company also asked users to try State of Decay for a limited time. The details on the new gaming technology are scarce and it’s not known exactly how it will make improve the experience.

Rumour claims Xbox One games will eventually run on Windows 10 PCs Windows-10-app-store.jpg

The recent findings have revealed what the future holds for gaming on Windows. The enthusiasts have been able to dig around to find out clues which appear to be associated with GameCore.

The clues

If you attempt to install State of Decay in Windows 10 19H1 preview builds, it downloads bits from XboxLive servers instead of the Microsoft Store server. According to watchers, this would mean that Microsoft is porting Xbox features to the Windows 10 PCs and the company will eventually dump the entire Xbox one installaing in Windows.

The bits of the game also revealed that installer of the game is using the .xvc file format which was introduced for Xbox One games in 2013.

About #mysterious #Gaming features in #Windows10 #19h1. Here are some #clues. 1) Package is .EAppxbundle used currently. It's .xvc, which is #XboxOne virtual storage format. 2) Using #xbox dnlwd servers, not dl dot microsfot dot com. 3) Circa 2010 DX Setup @thurrott @WithinRafael pic.twitter.com/oTet2ixgTY

— Nazmus S Khandaker (@NazmusLabs) February 25, 2019

In addition to this finding, a new app published in the Microsoft Store contains interesting tidbits. Called ‘Gaming Service’, the app installs two drivers – XVD Disk Driver (Microsoft Gaming Filesystem Driver) and Gaming Filter (Microsoft Gaming Install Filter Driver) on PC.

“This is related to the gaming stuff tested in recent insider builds, could also related to GameCore stuff, which maybe bring Xbox games to PC,” Walking Cat noted on Twitter. “Or maybe it means studios can publish a single binary package and target Xbox + PC at same time,” Walking Cat added.

Walking Cat also noted that this could be related to GameCore as such references have also popped up in the app.

Microsoft.GamingServices app installs 2 drivers:
    xvdd.sys = XVD Disk Driver (Microsoft Gaming Filesystem Driver)
    gameflt.sys = Gaming Filter (Microsoft Gaming Install Filter Driver)

— WalkingCat (@h0x0d) February 25, 2019

According to Brad Sams, Microsoft is trying to fill the gap between the Xbox platform and PC. In near future, the developers will be able to target the Microsoft Store games for both PC and Xbox at the same time.

It is worth noting that GameCore is also supposed to bring Xbox and the Microsoft Store experience closer together. The existing gaming department of Windows Store for PC will be rebuilt on new games infrastructure which is being used by Xbox.

it kinda looks like you already can with State of Decay

— Brad Sams (@bdsams) February 25, 2019

While the future Xbox games should be able to run on PC and console, it’s not known whether the existing games will be ported to PC or not. We’ll have to wait for a while to know when this comes to fruition.

The post Rumour claims Xbox One games will eventually run on Windows 10 PCs appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 25, 2019

2. Xbox games on PC

Hi,

Xbox console and computer are totally different platforms, so both devices have their own versions of every game. The only games that you can be played on Xbox One and Windows 10 PC are the games listed on the Xbox Play Anywhere. You can check the link below
    to see the list of the Xbox Play Anywhere title games.

Xbox Play Anywhere

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Feb 25, 2019
  3. Playing XBOX live games on Windows 10

Hi,

There are Xbox Live games that you can play on Windows 10 PC. To check for the available Xbox Live games that you can download from Windows Store, you may follow the steps below:

• Launch Windows Store.
    • Click on the Games tab.
    • Select Xbox Live games on the options as shown in the image below.

Rumour claims Xbox One games will eventually run on Windows 10 PCs bc1cbf9a-8f35-45c4-872b-ce622a0e3cec.png

If you are trying to play games that you are playing on an Xbox console to your PC, it is possible as long as the games are Xbox Play Anywhere. These games are compatible and playable on Xbox One and Windows 10. For more information about Xbox Play Anywhere,
    you may visit this
    link

Should you have any other queries, feel free to contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

remove game data from xbox game in windows 10

I appreciate your reply. It seems that the game progress was saved to your Xbox account associated on your computer that's why you can't play the game from the beginning. I recommend that you remove the account on your computer by performing the following
    steps:

1. Press the Windows icon, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Under Email & app accounts, click the Microsoft account, then click Remove.

I also suggest that you reset the Xbox app on your computer so that we could ensure that no account is linked to it. To get started, kindly follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Apps.
    3. Under Apps & features, locate the Xbox app.
    4. Click the Xbox app, then select Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset.

Let us know if that works for you. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Ariel Acu, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Rumour claims Xbox One games will eventually run on Windows 10 PCs - Similar Threads - Rumour claims Xbox

2. Computer starts to run extremely slow and eventually shuts down when Games are running.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer starts to run extremely slow and eventually shuts down when Games are running.: Randomly, a few days ago, my computer started to run extremely slowly when loading and playing a game, which has not happened before. Eventually, after a few minutes, this just shuts my computer down and i am at a loss as to what's happening. I have tried doing a clean boot...
  3. Computer starts to run extremely slow and eventually shuts down when Games are running.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer starts to run extremely slow and eventually shuts down when Games are running.: Randomly, a few days ago, my computer started to run extremely slowly when loading and playing a game, which has not happened before. Eventually, after a few minutes, this just shuts my computer down and i am at a loss as to what's happening. I have tried doing a clean boot...
  4. Activision can run on multiple PCs with one key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Activision can run on multiple PCs with one key: Activision can run on multiple PCs with one key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activision-can-run-on-multiple-pcs-with-one-key/e5396617-13c8-47d5-888e-ab468daea6d1
  5. Activision can run on multiple PCs with one key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activision can run on multiple PCs with one key: Activision can run on multiple PCs with one key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activision-can-run-on-multiple-pcs-with-one-key/e5396617-13c8-47d5-888e-ab468daea6d1
  6. XBOX Game Pass Claim

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX Game Pass Claim: I got this laptop around 1 and half years back and used it for gaming, but nowadays, because of school and stuff, I don't really game on it, and the XBOX 1 month game pass is lying around, and I really don't want to claim it and it keeps lying there while I do nothingI was...
  7. XBOX Game Pass Claim

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBOX Game Pass Claim: I got this laptop around 1 and half years back and used it for gaming, but nowadays, because of school and stuff, I don't really game on it, and the XBOX 1 month game pass is lying around, and I really don't want to claim it and it keeps lying there while I do nothingI was...
  8. Xbox One Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Games: Can I play Xbox One games on my PC if I have the disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-one-games/68c01e10-f4af-4a11-8510-c3f7ca195ec0
  9. Another rumour claims WhatsApp’s new Windows 10 app is on the way

in Windows 10 News
    Another rumour claims WhatsApp’s new Windows 10 app is on the way: A wild rumour in July 2018 claimed Facebook-owned messaging service WhatsApp is working with Microsoft to deliver a new app built on UWP (Universal Windows Platform). This would allow WhatsApp to work across all Windows 10 devices, including Xbox One and mobile computing...
  10. Xbox One Games Not Downloading To Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Xbox One Games Not Downloading To Windows 10: I have been trying to download halo 5 or any other xbox game on my laptop to play at work without me xbox from what i can tell you can do it but when i try to download the game it dose not give me the option to download to windows 10 pc. i have cheaked and i am running the...