Windows 10: Run a .bat file as Admin During Startup

Discus and support Run a .bat file as Admin During Startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have a batch file that executes certain commands and one of these commands requires admin privilege. When I place this file in the startup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Farzad_K, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Farzad_K Win User

Run a .bat file as Admin During Startup

Hello,

I have a batch file that executes certain commands and one of these commands requires admin privilege. When I place this file in the startup folder the command fails. Right clicking on it and setting it to run as admin doesn't work. I am told scripts can be programmed to run something else as admin and I am looking for ideas on that. Any ideas on that is appreciated.

Farzad

:)

Farzad_K, Jul 6, 2018

2. Updating .bat File, Removing Default Apps

Hi SightUp.

Don't have a bat file but step 4 in Option 2 will give you complete list and you can mod yours.

Uninstall Apps in Windows 10

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 6, 2018
  3. Yzhen Win User
    Copy Batch (.bat) file to startup Menu of All User/Each User

have created a batch file(file1.bat) to run on every machine to create a batch file(file2.bat) to a launch a page at windows startup.
    This is the content of file1.bat:

@echo off

@echo>"C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\file2.bat

@echo start http://www.msn.com/> C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\file2.bat

Expected result is to copy the file2.bat to startup of each user profile. However, The file2.bat is not copied to the startup folder on windows 7, 8, 10 after testing.

However, this will work in file1.bat:

@echo off

@echo>"C:\Testing\file2.bat

@echo start http://www.msn.com/> C:\Testing\file2.bat

I do not have a domain joined network. I need to send the file1.bat to all staff. I plan to deploy to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.

Thanks in advance to all. Any help is appreciated.

Yzhen, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Run a .bat file as Admin During Startup - Similar Threads - Run bat file

2. Undo a startup made with .bat file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undo a startup made with .bat file: Hello,i runned a .bat file that conteined this script : @Echo off "path" Exit ;the script launchs a program at the startup, how can i undo this?thanks for ur help...
  3. Undo a startup made with .bat file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Undo a startup made with .bat file: Hello,i runned a .bat file that conteined this script : @Echo off "path" Exit ;the script launchs a program at the startup, how can i undo this?thanks for ur help...
  4. Is it safe to run this bat file?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is it safe to run this bat file?: Spo I was wondering how to get sandbox on windows 10 home and I came across this forum saying that I could run this bat file to try and install it.Enable Windows Sandbox Feature in Windows 10 Home Edition Tutorials tenforums.comThe bat file I downloaded was not blocked by...
  5. Can't run .bat files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't run .bat files: I haven't run a .bat file in quite a while, so perhaps I unknowingly did something along the was that prompted this problem. I was trying to run Brinks "Reset_Notification_Area_Icons_Cache.bat", but instead the file opens in my text editor. I disassociated .bat in that text...
  6. How to run a .bat file as administrator in startup?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to run a .bat file as administrator in startup?: Hello. As BitDefender as an ongoing error, I want to run a small "bdfix.bat" at login time. But this .bat file MUST be run as an administrator to work. How do I do that? *Redface 120997
  7. Bat Files Won't Run?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bat Files Won't Run?: Basically I'm installing BattlEye for a Steam game and I click the .bat file in the game's subfolder to download it (when I was prompted to download it I clicked no but now I practically need it for most servers), and I download the .bat from the main website and it also...
  8. Run .BAT as admin without UAC prompt?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run .BAT as admin without UAC prompt?: Edit: Marked as "Solved", because it looks like under Win 10 I can no longer do this quite the way I used to in Win 7, and I have multiple suggestions as to alternate approaches, any one of which ought to work. ((Moved from the "General" forum)) Can anyone help? I am...
  9. Trouble running .bat files

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble running .bat files: Hi, I'm trying to run .bat files on Windows 10, but it tells me that "This app can't run on your PC". It doesn't matter what I use it for, .bat files just won't run anyway. Are .bat files no longer supported? (ran fine on Windows 7) Any workarounds? I'm no expert on...
  10. Can't Run .Bat Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Run .Bat Files: I try to run .bat files and the just run in note pad. There is no "open with" option. 48199