Windows 10: run a program as local admin without the user knowing

Discus and support run a program as local admin without the user knowing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Good afternoon! I have an application that requires local admin rights to run. However, I don't want to give blanket local admin rights to the end... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ITM5669, Feb 17, 2020.

1. ITM5669 Win User

run a program as local admin without the user knowing

Good afternoon!

I have an application that requires local admin rights to run. However, I don't want to give blanket local admin rights to the end users running the app. Is there a good way to RunAs for only this application without the end user being aware of the privilege escalation?

Thanks to all for looking!

:)

ITM5669, Feb 17, 2020
  2. Joe9090 Win User

Running Programs for a standard user

Hello

You mentioned checking the the box 'Run as Administrator'

This is the opposite of what I require ,I wanted to avoid running programs as admin . By unchecking 'Run As Administrator' I am still getting an admin credential verification prompt

Any further suggestions ?

Joe9090, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Allow Standard User run application as admin

we have a shortcut that is calling a .exe file that requires admin rights by the UAC. I would like to be able to run the application without any admin rights or give the standard user admin rights only to this .exe. What we have done and failed.

1. Application properties >> security >> Advanced >> Permissions >> Full Control

to local group A (which includes the user) and user by them self.
      1. Gave ownership of folder to local Group A.
      2. I looked in Regedit and I see the user, and they have full control for that application.
      3. have checked run as admin and unchecked too.
        We do not want to use /savecred because of security risk. What other steps can we take to find a solution.

Window 10 and on a domain

coco minion, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

defragmentation denies my admin privilege

Hi Billy,

To further assist you, kindly check if your credentials is set to
    Admin. To set your credentials
    to Admin, please follow the steps:

• Go to
      Control Panel.

• Choose
      User Accounts.

• Click on
      Change your Account type.

If the issue persists, we suggest you to create a
    local Account and set it to Administrator. To create a local account, please click this
    link and set it as Admin. Use the local account to run the Defragmentation.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

1. run a program as local admin without the user knowing - Similar Threads - run program local

2. Run as Admin for Non Admin user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run as Admin for Non Admin user: We have an app called 2020 on local machines and there are catalogs that need to be updated monthly. The catalogs are in the Azure cloud server. I was hoping to use this option runas /user:ComputerName\Username /savecred "C:\path\to\app.exe but the app is app to do the...
  3. Run as Admin for Non Admin user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run as Admin for Non Admin user: We have an app called 2020 on local machines and there are catalogs that need to be updated monthly. The catalogs are in the Azure cloud server. I was hoping to use this option runas /user:ComputerName\Username /savecred "C:\path\to\app.exe but the app is app to do the...
  4. Run a program without admin privileges from admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run a program without admin privileges from admin account: Okay, I found a thread with this same question, but he was using Windows Server, and so was told this forum was for home users. I am a home user, running Windows 10 Pro, but I have the exact same problem. I cannot run OneDrive.exe, as it says to not run it as an admin. Run...
  5. Allow account to run a program as admin without needing my password or admin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allow account to run a program as admin without needing my password or admin: Hello! I have someone else who uses my computer and had a standard account, but they've been having trouble running a game, as it needs to launch as admin and requires my password everytime. I've tried using the task scheduler workaround but that didn't work, and I was...
  6. Running a program with admin rights, without user knowing the credentials

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Running a program with admin rights, without user knowing the credentials: Hi there is it possible to have a user run a program with admin rights, without manually adding the credentials everytime the program is run? A company just told me because the program runs with admin credentials it works and we need to do it that way. The user is already a...
  7. I have 2 programs that won't allow user to run without an admin signing in

I have 2 programs that won't allow user to run without an admin signing in: I have turned off the security in windows 10 to allow the user to use apps without admin permission and 2 developed in house still ask for an admin username and password. I have given authenticated users full access to the program folders for these programs, told the...
  8. Cannot run some Programs on Program Files without Admin rights

Cannot run some Programs on Program Files without Admin rights: Hi, Recent days, my pc cannot run some programs: - SQL Server Management Studio [ATTACH] - Visual Studio cannot Publish websites with FTP publishing mode - Logitech Gaming Software - lgcore.exe cannot run at start up. To fix it, I have to set combability mode of exe...
  9. Programs run without user permission.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Programs run without user permission.: I apologize for the text on bad English. I'm not from England. Briefly. I constantly see that the programs are started and run: Calculator, Microsoft Text Input Application, Options, Edge browser, Search. My computer has a daily security update. This is a gaming home...
  10. Running as a local Admin account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Running as a local Admin account: I am running Windows 10, currently running as a local Admin account and I am the only one using the machine. However, I am thinking to run as a Limited User instead by creating another User account as making that as an Admin account. Couple of questions though. 1). My...