Windows 10: Run a program at startup

Discus and support Run a program at startup in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Greetings, I already tried asking this in Microsoft Answers. I would like to have a command script (.cmd) run automatically, making sure: 1. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shanester, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Shanester Win User

Run a program at startup

Greetings,

I already tried asking this in Microsoft Answers.

I would like to have a command script (.cmd) run automatically, making sure:

1. The program doesn't start until the user logs in
    2. The program doesn't start for other users

I thought I could use this startup folder:

%appData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

But the behavior seems to have changed. In the past the items in shell:Startup ran when I logged in, but now they run at startup (before I log in). Also, in previous versions of Windows this folder was full of items, but now it is empty.

How can I make a program run when I log in (not before)?

Thanks,
    Shane.

:)

Shanester, Sep 10, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Sep 10, 2020
  4. rypz79 Win User

Run a program at startup

Cannot make a program to run at startup

I've used a program called Startup Manager to manually create an entry for this program called speedfan

Run a program at startup [​IMG]

It also appears in the startup tab on Task Manager

Run a program at startup [​IMG]

But I doesn't work.
    The program default behavior is to open minimized as an icon in tray (it works manually)

Any suggestions ?

TNX

rypz79, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Run a program at startup

1. Run a program at startup - Similar Threads - Run program startup

2. There is a app called "Program" running on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is a app called "Program" running on startup: I noticed I had this app called "Program" Running on startupI also noticed, it's publisher was unknown, and I can't seem to find its file location. Was wondering if anyone thinks I should disable it from startup?-Thanks Ryder Jennewine**edit** i sent in replies the pictures...
  3. There is a app call "Program" running on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is a app call "Program" running on startup: I noticed I had this app called "Program" Running on startupI also noticed, it's publisher was unknown, and I can't seem to find its file location. Was wondering if anyone thinks I should disable it from startup?-Thanks Ryder Jennewine**edit** i sent in replies the pictures...
  4. There is a app call "Program" running on startup

There is a app call "Program" running on startup: I noticed I had this app called "Program" Running on startupI also noticed, it's publisher was unknown, and I can't seem to find its file location. Was wondering if anyone thinks I should disable it from startup?-Thanks Ryder Jennewine**edit** i sent in replies the pictures...
  5. How to run a program on startup silently?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run a program on startup silently?: I'm a Windows user and currently, I'm having a problem here. So I want to run some programs on startup so I can save a few clicks but I also want it to run in the background instead of running on screen so it won't disturb my work, can someone help me?I'm using Windows 8.1...
  6. How to run a program on startup silently?

How to run a program on startup silently?: I'm a Windows user and currently, I'm having a problem here. So I want to run some programs on startup so I can save a few clicks but I also want it to run in the background instead of running on screen so it won't disturb my work, can someone help me?I'm using Windows 8.1...
  7. Cannot make a program to run at startup

Cannot make a program to run at startup: I've used a program called Startup Manager to manually create an entry for this program called speedfan [img] It also appears in the startup tab on Task Manager [img] But I doesn't work. The program default behavior is to open minimized as an icon in tray (it works...
  8. Cannot make a program to run at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot make a program to run at startup: I've used a program called Startup Manager to manually create an entry for this program called speedfan [img] It also appears in the startup tab on Task Manager [img] But I doesn't work. The program default behavior is to open minimized as an icon in tray (it works...
  9. Mysterious Programs Running at Startup

Mysterious Programs Running at Startup: I sporadically get unexpected "need to update" warnings from various programs. Right now, the laptop on which I'm typing this message gave a warning, after waking up from hibernation, from "Auslogics Driver Updater" asserting that several drivers need updating. I don't see...
  10. Intermittent failure to run startup programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent failure to run startup programs: Apologies if this is posted elsewhere. but I haven't been able to find anything recent about it..... I'm running build 9926 and I find that, intermittently, no startup programs (i.e. programs registered under registry "Run" keys - both HKLM and HKCU - or in Start...