Windows 10: Run a Script with administrative privileges via GPO

Discus and support Run a Script with administrative privileges via GPO in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying to run a script using the GPO Startup option (on the PCs OU) which, as we know, uses the same privileges of a local system account. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by epulone, Sep 22, 2018.

1. epulone Win User

Run a Script with administrative privileges via GPO

I'm trying to run a script using the GPO Startup option (on the PCs OU) which, as we know, uses the same privileges of a local system account.
    The batch file updates (imports settings through a separate file) a program already present on the PC client (win 10).
    After applied the GPO and restarted the PC client an error message appears asking elevated privileges for this program.

How can I solve?

Thanks

:)

epulone, Sep 22, 2018

2. Script to create a local account with administrator privileges

Is there a script using 'net user' or similar to create a local administrator account including password for Windows 10? I tried to put something together but apparently missed a step or have one out of order.

The purpose is to give Users a way to create a 'backup' account to be used if they forget their password or any number of other problems that can prevent them from logging into their system; with their normal Microsoft Account.
    Rather than walk them through each step over the phone, I could email them a script to be run before the problems happen It would create a local admin account with a specific password that could be used in emergencies.

This is for employees who have company systems but are seldom at the office and I would want to preload the name and password so they would not accidentally connect with it but it would be there and ready to use if they call for help.
    Can this still be done in Windows 10 if all the steps are in the right place?

questorfla, Sep 22, 2018
  3. Dell Touchpad uninstall administrator privileges

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are unable to uninstall drivers from Device Manager as it prompts saying log-in with administrator privileges, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I would recommend you to see if you are logged in administrator account, if not then enable it. Please follow the below steps to enable:

Step 1: I would suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt. To do that follow the below steps:

• Press the Windows key + R from the keyboard to open the
      Run Command Dialog Box.

• Type cmd and right-click on the
      Command Prompt
      result that should appear.

• This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select
      Run as administrator

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 22, 2018
  4. ADSJD Win User

Running with Administrator Privileges

I have at least two programs that when started give a message to not run with Administrator privileges. I am not running those programs with Administrator privileges. I have checked each program and applicable shortcut and the "Run as Administrator"
    box is not checked under Preferences, but the program still thinks it is being run in an elevated mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ADSJD, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Run a Script with administrative privileges via GPO - Similar Threads - Run Script administrative

2. How to use run with administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use run with administrator privileges: Hey so quick question here so how do you make run execute command with administrator privileges the one that pops up by pressing windows and r key together for ex: I open run and type cmd the cmd shall start with admin privileges. Bye!...
  3. How to use run with administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use run with administrator privileges: Hey so quick question here so how do you make run execute command with administrator privileges the one that pops up by pressing windows and r key together for ex: I open run and type cmd the cmd shall start with admin privileges. Bye!...
  4. How to use run with administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Run apps without Administrator privilege

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run apps without Administrator privilege: HelloWhen I run PowerShell or Command Prompt program, they are started with Administrator privilege, that is, their window title is following Administrator: Windows PowerShell, Administrator: Command Prompt. Of course, my login account is "sun", which have Administrator...
  6. Run apps without Administrator privilege

Run apps without Administrator privilege: HelloWhen I run PowerShell or Command Prompt program, they are started with Administrator privilege, that is, their window title is following Administrator: Windows PowerShell, Administrator: Command Prompt. Of course, my login account is "sun", which have Administrator...
  7. Run apps without Administrator privilege

8. Run as Administrator or Administrator Privilege's

Run as Administrator or Administrator Privilege's: Hello Community; I have an HP Desktop with OS of Windows 10. SCENERIO; I used to be able to RIGHT click on the start icon the bottom left of the desktop and in the dropdown list there was " RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR or ADMINISTRATOR PRIVILAGES " but now when I right click on the...
  9. Script to create a local account with administrator privileges

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Script to create a local account with administrator privileges: Is there a script using 'net user' or similar to create a local administrator account including password for Windows 10? I tried to put something together but apparently missed a step or have one out of order. The purpose is to give Users a way to create a 'backup'...
  10. Running always an application with administrative privileges

Running always an application with administrative privileges: Hi I have Windows 10 v1703 and I would need that an application is always run with administrative privileges even when it is run by a user who has a Users's account. So, how should I do this? Thanks Bye 84349