Windows 10: Run a specific command from a right click folder options list

Discus and support Run a specific command from a right click folder options list in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Here is the situation so this might make more sense. I need this option one system that ONLY "I" ever access. A simple edit to the registry would be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by questorfla, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Run a specific command from a right click folder options list

Here is the situation so this might make more sense.

I need this option one system that ONLY "I" ever access. A simple edit to the registry would be terrific. I would prefer not to sign in as the "super admin" so the "run as admin" is part of the script.

It is a short script to create and load the contents of the .htpasswd file inside the folder I am in.

The script creates the .htpasswd file (or edits it if already there) as needed to match the path provided in the .htaccess file for that website and its users. This is on a small apache web-server used for in-house training and it is a process I have to do several times a day, currently by running the script with "right click run as admin etc. each time needed.

I would simply like to have the ability to run that script as admin listed in the right click options for folders.

Win 10 ver 2004

:)

questorfla, Sep 26, 2020
  2. dark2099 Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

The Elder Geek

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Sep 26, 2020
  3. ducknoir Win User
    GPU-Z command line options?

I haven't been able to find a comprehensive list of the command line options for GPU-Z. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

ducknoir, Sep 26, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Run a specific command from a right click folder options list

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Run a specific command from a right click folder options list

1. Run a specific command from a right click folder options list - Similar Threads - Run specific command

2. Right-click Options list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click Options list: How do ITurn OFF"SHOW MORE OPTIONS"When I Right-click? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-options-list/abf02990-c21f-4e86-9ab1-d5cfa0d025fd
  3. Right-click Options list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click Options list: How do ITurn OFF"SHOW MORE OPTIONS"When I Right-click? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-options-list/abf02990-c21f-4e86-9ab1-d5cfa0d025fd
  4. right clicked on folder hit "personal" option

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right clicked on folder hit "personal" option: I right clicked on a folder with some files in it, then accidently hit a button that said personal or something, then it transferred the folder somewhere or copied it. I have no idea where it went looked everywhere, the folder is like 200gb the little tab for transferring...
  5. Explorer new folder right click option

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer new folder right click option: I think it is since 20H2, but while I have the option on the desktop and via CTR-SHFT-N, it has gorn from the explorer menu. Tried all the reg stuff and no joy.?? 172385
  6. Any tool to add command prompt to right click to run inside folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any tool to add command prompt to right click to run inside folder?: Hello Friends, Need to run command prompt inside folder (Trying to root my redmi note 4 phone) but when i right clicked inside folder there is no option for it, Google directed me to some page saying how to do it manually by editing registry etc, me not familiar with these...
  7. How to run bat File from Right Click Menu in specific folder ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to run bat File from Right Click Menu in specific folder ?: Is it possible to run a .bat or .exe from the Right-Click Context menu as if it was actually running from a specific folder that I call up the context menu from ? Example : The .bat works with files in the folder its placed in with . The way its written is it has to be in...
  8. Office - Taskbar - Jump List - Right Click - No Remove Command

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office - Taskbar - Jump List - Right Click - No Remove Command: Just started in last couple of weeks -- when I right click an Office icon on Taskbar (Word, Excel) and then right click, only a blank pop-up window appears. Same thing for Office icons in Start Menu. Does not show a "Remove this item" or other commands. It looks like this:...
  9. Change the details view right click option list?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the details view right click option list?: In details view, when right clicking the header to add columns, is there a way to add Frame Width and Frame Height to that popup menu? Better yet would be making it automatically add those columns for folders with videos files, with Frame Width to the left of Frame Height?...
  10. Right Click "Send To" Command From Specific Email Account

in Browsers and Email
    Right Click "Send To" Command From Specific Email Account: I added a shortcut via the shell:sendto folder that basically allows me to quickly email a scanned PDF to the fire service where I do consulting work. I have it set up to properly send it to the person I need, the person who needs to be CC'd, and also the subject line and...