Windows 10: Run a task automatically to promt for admin credentials when usb is plugged in in Active...

Discus and support Run a task automatically to promt for admin credentials when usb is plugged in in Active... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Please help me on a custom requirement. We are running a AD environment and have blocked USB derive for every user by a group policy rule. But now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Musa_309, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Musa_309 Win User

Run a task automatically to promt for admin credentials when usb is plugged in in Active...

Please help me on a custom requirement. We are running a AD environment and have blocked USB derive for every user by a group policy rule. But now I want that when a user plug a USB derive to his system or laptop is plugged in, there should be a script run that promt for the administrator username and password as it promt when installing a software on user machines. Is there anyone who can guide me on this and help me achieve this goal??thanks.regards,Musa

:)

Musa_309, Jun 30, 2022

2. Scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges can't access stored Windows credentials

It seems that after Creators update scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges ('run with highest privileges' option) can't access stored Windows credentials. Is that a bug or an intentional change and is there a recommended workaround?

Here's one way to reproduce the behaviour:

• Start Credential Manger and add some Windows share credentials.
    • In a console window type 'cmdkey /list', which should list the added credentials
    • Create a task in a task manager:
      • Trigger: on user logon
      • Action: run cmd.exe
      • Tick the 'run with highest privileges' option
    • Reboot the machine and log in
    • In the console window (let's call it 'console 1') opened from the scheduled task type 'cmdkey /list'. This most likely won't display the credentials added in step 1 and properly listed in step 2. ->
      This looks like a bug
    • Now, without closing 'console 1' open another console window as an administrator (let's call it 'console 2') and type 'cmdkey /list'. This will properly list credentials added in step 1.
    • Switch to 'console 1' and type 'cmdkey /list' again. This time the credentials are listed properly, unlike in step 5. It looks like an access to Windows credentials was somehow 'unlocked' by step 6.

MarcinMrowiec, Jun 30, 2022
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Jun 30, 2022
  4. Bree Win User

Run a task automatically to promt for admin credentials when usb is plugged in in Active...

running DOS as ADMIN

I suggested that in post #4 but @bromberg doesn't seem to have tried it yet...

Thema:

1. Run a task automatically to promt for admin credentials when usb is plugged in in Active... - Similar Threads - Run task automatically

2. Problem with admin message promt!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with admin message promt!: Hello, from 5.04.2023 I have problem with windows 10 pro version 19045.2788 , which is Up to Date in Updates. I am running domain user account , which do not have admin privilege's. But till today, button with blue-yellow guarding for admin privilege's worked fine. When I hit...
  3. Problem with admin message promt!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with admin message promt!: Hello, from 5.04.2023 I have problem with windows 10 pro version 19045.2788 , which is Up to Date in Updates. I am running domain user account , which do not have admin privilege's. But till today, button with blue-yellow guarding for admin privilege's worked fine. When I hit...
  4. Problem with admin message promt!

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Run a task automatically to promt for admin credentials when usb is plugged in in Active...

Run a task automatically to promt for admin credentials when usb is plugged in in Active...: Please help me on a custom requirement. We are running a AD environment and have blocked USB derive for every user by a group policy rule. But now I want that when a user plug a USB derive to his system or laptop is plugged in, there should be a script run that promt for the...
  6. Run a task automatically to promt for admin credentials when usb is plugged in in Active...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Run a task automatically to promt for admin credentials when usb is plugged in in Active...: Please help me on a custom requirement. We are running a AD environment and have blocked USB derive for every user by a group policy rule. But now I want that when a user plug a USB derive to his system or laptop is plugged in, there should be a script run that promt for the...
  7. Task scheduler asking users for admin credentials

Task scheduler asking users for admin credentials: I'm a system administrator and have an application .exe that I need to run when a standard user logs in, but with elevation. I have tried doing this with both Powershell and the Windows Task Scheduler using tips I've found online, however when I log in as a standard user I...
  8. Task scheduler asking users for admin credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task scheduler asking users for admin credentials: I'm a system administrator and have an application .exe that I need to run when a standard user logs in, but with elevation. I have tried doing this with both Powershell and the Windows Task Scheduler using tips I've found online, however when I log in as a standard user I...
  9. USB Stick Showing Up When Plugged In On Desktop Automatically ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Stick Showing Up When Plugged In On Desktop Automatically ?: Hi, On a W10 pc, any way of having a USB Stick when plugged in show up immediately and automatically on desktop (like it does on a MAC) ? B. 183382
  10. Browsers automatically run as admin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Browsers automatically run as admin: I've got this strange issue. My browsers randomly run as an admin while they are open. There is no UAC prompt. It happens across Chrome, Edge, and IE simultaneously. If I shift-right click "run as other user" and manually run as my standard account, it will act up again....