Windows 10: Run a windows defender scan in windows 10 using POWERSHELL and be able to get results using...

Discus and support Run a windows defender scan in windows 10 using POWERSHELL and be able to get results using... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Folks, Windows 10 by default doesnt have periodic scanning enabled, to enable that i have to toggle the switch then i am able to scan. [ATTACH] I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kes2020, Jul 28, 2020.

1. kes2020 Win User

Run a windows defender scan in windows 10 using POWERSHELL and be able to get results using...

Folks,

Windows 10 by default doesnt have periodic scanning enabled, to enable that i have to toggle the switch then i am able to scan.

Run a windows defender scan in windows 10 using POWERSHELL and be able to get results using... 0c83967f-ac7b-4c42-b78a-5e0e2d1e99e7?upload=true.png

I am looking for a powershell command that can flip this on and another command to get scan results once the scan is finished.

:)

kes2020, Jul 28, 2020

2. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    PowerShell randomly poping-up in tool bar

Hello,

Just to verify, do you have any scheduled tasks that uses Powershell? Scheduled tasks makes Powershell window appear periodically on your computer, therefore we suggest that you check the Task Scheduler. Here are the steps:

• Click on Start.
    • In the search bar, type Task Scheduler and click on

Task Scheduler
      in the results.
    • Under Active Tasks, check for any tasks that use Powershell and the scheduled time.

If the issue still persist, we suggest that you run a Windows Defender scan to see if it will pick up any malware that the first scan missed.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Jul 28, 2020
  4. XVI
    xvi Win User

Run a windows defender scan in windows 10 using POWERSHELL and be able to get results using...

Do you use Windows Defender?

I like Windows Defender, personally. It seems really lightweight and is never annoying. It just sits in the background and works. I don't tend to run across many viruses, so it doesn't make sense to me to worry about it too much.

I'd rate it on how paranoid you are about viruses.

Completely Confident: No Anti-Virus programs, Windows Defender disabled.

Somewhat Suspicious: No Real-Time protection, occasionally scan files manually. (Third party software or Windows Defender with Real-Time disabled.)

Awfully Analytical: Light Real-Time protection from a third party program, monthly scans scheduled.

Peak Paranoia: Heavy Real-Time protection, multiple third party programs, weekly scans.

Edit: Also, if you are going to disable it, disable it in services.msc or through Windows Defender itself. It may think it's been "attacked" if it sees itself being disabled. Might as well look up a guide to unneeded services while you're at it. There are quite a few that people typically don't use. Remote Procedure Call? Yes. Dial Up Networking Support? No.

Another Edit: I guess eidairaman1 beat me to my edit. *Frown Run a windows defender scan in windows 10 using POWERSHELL and be able to get results using... :(

Thema:

1. Run a windows defender scan in windows 10 using POWERSHELL and be able to get results using... - Similar Threads - Run defender scan

2. Windows defender not showing quick scan results

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender not showing quick scan results: My laptop is running weird all of a sudden, a local E drive is coming out of nowhere, lagging when i use setting,quick scan results even says not accessible...
  3. Defender "Preliminary Scan Results"

Defender "Preliminary Scan Results": When I scan with DEFENDER, this message appears: "Preliminary scan results show that malicious or potentially unwanted software might exist on your system. You can review detected items when the scan is complete." This message appears normal as I am running this scan...
  4. no scan results for defender offline scan

no scan results for defender offline scan: After performing an offline scan, after rebooting I cannot find the results for the scan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/no-scan-results-for-defender-offline-scan/cf4765f0-7e06-4d9d-a736-39f1b8e4c695
  5. Windows Defender running scan during active computer use

Windows Defender running scan during active computer use: Windows 10 Pro with must current updates available. During use of the computer Windows Defender Antimalware Service Executable begins scanning and uses an exceptional amount of resources. Using the computer becomes very slow. And Zoom meetings become very jittery which is a...
  6. Windows Defender running scan during active computer use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender running scan during active computer use: Windows 10 Pro with must current updates available. During use of the computer Windows Defender Antimalware Service Executable begins scanning and uses an exceptional amount of resources. Using the computer becomes very slow. And Zoom meetings become very jittery which is a...
  7. Windows Defender scan result notification

Windows Defender scan result notification: Hi all, Circa once in a week I get a Defender notification: "Windows Defender Antivirus scanned your device at [Time, Date]. No threats were found." I don't want to receive this kind of notifications, only about real threats. [ATTACH] Should I disable this "Recent...
  8. Windows Defender Offline Scan results?

Windows Defender Offline Scan results?: Just did a Windows Defender Offline Scan and wondering what the results are? All it showed during the scan was how many files are being scanned and the percentage completed. That is all. Even if no threats were detected, at least it should notify that no threats were...
  9. Windows Defender Offline scan results?

Windows Defender Offline scan results?: Just performed a Windows Defender Offline scan and the system rebooted afterwards. How can I check the results since the scan did not indicate any results from the offline scan? 129683
  10. Windows Defender not running scans

Windows Defender not running scans: I wonder if anyone can identify why Windows Defender has suddenly, i.e. the last day or two, stopped running scans on my home PC? The product is up to date: [img] If I attempt to scan a folder of file, the screen above appears and sometimes the scan will run, but more...