Windows 10: Run app 'full screen' in part of 4K screen

Discus and support Run app 'full screen' in part of 4K screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, Sorry, I'm not quite sure where this question fits, but hopefully someone will find it.*Smile I've recently upgraded to a 4K monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shadowzone, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Run app 'full screen' in part of 4K screen

Hi All,
    Sorry, I'm not quite sure where this question fits, but hopefully someone will find it.*Smile

I've recently upgraded to a 4K monitor instead of running 4 separate 1080p screens which is working very well except for the fact that I can't run 'full screen' without the app running on the whole monitor (obviously...). So my question is whether it is possible, either directly through Windows or a 3rd party app, to partition/frame the single screen into parts that will allow an app to run in full-screen mode within the frame?
    Thx
    Gav

:)

Shadowzone, Apr 6, 2017
  2. gjpc Win User

How to stop windows 10 windows moving after full screen app exits

I run 6 window's 10 desktops on my Nvidia 1070 connected to 2 4K screens in horizontal span mode. The task bar is set to extend across the bottom of both screens.

When I exit from an app that runs in full screen mode started on any desktop, the windows on desktop 1 rearrange to the resolution of the full screen app. On all the other desktops the windows are as they were before the full screen app ran.

How do I stop the desktop 1 windows from rearranging?

gjpc, Apr 6, 2017
  3. EarlGlynn Win User
    How to COMPLETELY disable windows automatically resizing & snaping: W10, W7

So what's really works for Windows 10?

I've tried the slower mouse double click -- that doesn't work. Any slight movement via the title bar and BOOM, full screen on my 4K monitor (3840 x 2160) blocking many screens.

All of the Snap Multitasking settings are set to Off. Moving the title bar in a window a little, and BOOM full screen on my 4K monitor.

This does not work:

How to disable the snap feature on Windows 10 - Windows 10

WindowArrangementActive to 0

THIS MAXIMIZING TO FULL SCREEN IS MORE THAN QUITE ANNOYING. I don't want ANYTHING going full screen on my 4K monitor.

EarlGlynn, Apr 6, 2017
Thema:

Run app 'full screen' in part of 4K screen

1. Run app 'full screen' in part of 4K screen - Similar Threads - Run app 'full

2. Taskbar and Full Screen Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and Full Screen Apps: Hello! I'm having a problem that hasn't happened before yesterday. When opening apps from my taskbar things like Spotify, Discord and Chrome work perfectly fine but if I try to open a game that usually opens in full screen like Osu! then the taskbar and when I press alt+tab...
  3. Taskbar and Full Screen Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar and Full Screen Apps: Hello! I'm having a problem that hasn't happened before yesterday. When opening apps from my taskbar things like Spotify, Discord and Chrome work perfectly fine but if I try to open a game that usually opens in full screen like Osu! then the taskbar and when I press alt+tab...
  4. Running 4k video on a 4k screen with Windows resolution set at 1920x1080

in Windows 10 Customization
    Running 4k video on a 4k screen with Windows resolution set at 1920x1080: Okay so my monitor is a 3840x2160 TV, and my video card can handle 3840x2160 video streaming. I avoid at all costs running windows 10 in 3840x2160 resolution. Even with desktop scaling, some apps run terribly. If I open a 4k video in VLC or any video player will it play...
  5. Games that run in full screen keep minimizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games that run in full screen keep minimizing: I have been trying to play games on my laptop. I have not had many problems in the past. But within the past few weeks, every time I try to open a game such as minecraft or call of duty, the game opens for a second or two and then minimizes. when I try to click on it on the...
  6. Edge: Full-Screen "apps" not supported

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge: Full-Screen "apps" not supported: I've been trying to use edge's app install feature for video sites. however, in full screen mode they always display the url bar and title. is there any way to disable it? submitted by /u/knrd [link] [comments]...
  7. Block part of the screen?

Block part of the screen?: Hello guys, I‘m just wondering if there is a program or feature to have a black bar or something on a specific part of the screen that i don’t want to see. Let me know if you know any way this might work, thanks! submitted by /u/vnmz77 [link] [comments]...
  8. white borders in browsers when using in full screen in 4k displays

white borders in browsers when using in full screen in 4k displays: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/xFinal_boss6 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e2xyf6/white_borders_in_browsers_when_using_in_full/
  9. Full Screen Apps Minimizing

Full Screen Apps Minimizing: I have a two monitor set up. When I'm watching videos full screen on the Netflix app and Movies and Video player and I click on something on my other screen, apps automatically minimize my video and pause it. Is there some setting in windows where I can turn this off?...
  10. apps not working in full screen

apps not working in full screen: hey, i was wondering as to why my apps crash as soon as i put it i full screen, the apps are, asphalt 8, asphalt extreme, Minecraft, GT racing 2, Netflix and the Xbox app, for the Xbox app when i stream a game full screen it crashes immediately, oh yeah my computer is a 2014...