Windows 10: Run As Administrator does nothing even as enabled guest administrator

Discus and support Run As Administrator does nothing even as enabled guest administrator in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I cannot run a file as an administrator. When I do so from my UAC I get a prompt asking if I want the file to make changes to my computer and once I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sheeplikeme, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Run As Administrator does nothing even as enabled guest administrator

I cannot run a file as an administrator. When I do so from my UAC I get a prompt asking if I want the file to make changes to my computer and once I click yes I get a flash of a what looks like the outline of a file window and then nothing happens.
    I just enabled the administrator guest account and when I try to run the file as an administrator there is no prompt but the same flash of the outline of a file window and then nothing.

This laptop is pretty new (Oct 2016) and I am pretty sure there were run as administrator issues in October because when I was trying to fix my touchpad I could not run as administrator. The solution for that was far simpler and just involved my clumsy fingers hitting F7 instead of F8...

I am stumped, the guest administrator account seemed to be the solution and now I am unsure what to do. I'm just trying to install a VPN that I got as a christmas gift and it needs to be installed by this method.

Any and all help would be much appreciated.

:)

Sheeplikeme, Jan 8, 2017
  2. youkson Win User

cannot run *.exe file even as administrator

I upgraded to Windows 10. I was installing a program (google photos) and attempted to run the *.exe file. Nothing happened. I attempted to run the *.exe file as the administrator. It brought up the "do you want to allow...." I clicked "Yes". But still nothing
    happens. I check the file association for *.exe and found "unknown application".

How do I fix this problem?

youkson, Jan 8, 2017
  3. cannot run *.exe file even as administrator

In my case programs that I already have run fine but when I want to install, for example, "git" it doesn't do anything. It keeps showing the loading icon

Wow! 15 minutes later it pops-up on the screen....little bit of latency Run As Administrator does nothing even as enabled guest administrator :p

TimothyKimman, Jan 8, 2017
  4. Run As Administrator does nothing even as enabled guest administrator

A couple of quick questions. Have you been able to use administrator rights with other system/programs ? If yes then there maybe something wrong with your VPN software. Did it come on a disc ? Was it Down loaded ?

storageman, Jan 8, 2017
Thema:

Run As Administrator does nothing even as enabled guest administrator

1. Run As Administrator does nothing even as enabled guest administrator - Similar Threads - Run Administrator does

2. My computer is useless. Nothing runs as administrator.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is useless. Nothing runs as administrator.: So I've had several problems:1. Can't run any app at all as admin, and when i click properties and security everything's checked. Whenever i try it loads for a long time and then a message pops up saying "windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not...
  3. My computer is useless. Nothing runs as administrator.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is useless. Nothing runs as administrator.: So I've had several problems:1. Can't run any app at all as admin, and when i click properties and security everything's checked. Whenever i try it loads for a long time and then a message pops up saying "windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not...
  4. My computer is useless. Nothing runs as administrator.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to enable "Run As Administrator"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to enable "Run As Administrator": Hello everyone, I am administrator on my PC and recently while changing some of the security settings can't remember what I did I disabled my right to run programs as administrator. Now I just tried running windows powershell as admin and nothing happened and the same for...
  6. Enable Administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enable Administrator: I just built a PC and Installed a new copy of Windows10 pro. I want to have full access to everything using the Administrator account. Every attempt I have tried has not born fruit. I have tried the command line "net user" the "lusrmgr.msc" console and the secpol.msc...
  7. Change Administrator Guest

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Administrator Guest: Ran net user in cmd and noticed that the Administrator was set to guest. Went to setting and check if I was the only admin visible and I am. Guest account is not visible. How do I change that admin slot from Guest to my admin log in?? Thanks for the help, Ty....
  8. "run as administrator" does not work

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "run as administrator" does not work: I am logged on as administrator yes, I am sure. When I try any of the "run as administrator" shortcuts on programs nothing happens. I used to be able to do this - maybe as recently as a couple of weeks ago....
  9. Managing guest account as administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Managing guest account as administrator: I created a standard guest account with restricted access to settings. Now I would like to do some personalization tweaks on that account (add profile picture, edit input languages and layouts etc). I can't do that when logged in as a guest. Is there a way to configure the...
  10. Enable Administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Enable Administrator: Hi I have a Laptop (Windows Home 10) and a Desktop (Windows 8.1 home) and I want to enable Administrator on both. I have used all of the suggesting about this I got on the internet and nothing works. Sure could use some help here. Thanks Ed 40550