Windows 10: Run As Administrator does nothing even as enabled guest administrator

Discus and support Run As Administrator does nothing even as enabled guest administrator in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I cannot run a file as an administrator. When I do so from my UAC I get a prompt asking if I want the file to make changes to my computer and once I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sheeplikeme, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Run As Administrator does nothing even as enabled guest administrator

I cannot run a file as an administrator. When I do so from my UAC I get a prompt asking if I want the file to make changes to my computer and once I click yes I get a flash of a what looks like the outline of a file window and then nothing happens.
    I just enabled the administrator guest account and when I try to run the file as an administrator there is no prompt but the same flash of the outline of a file window and then nothing.

This laptop is pretty new (Oct 2016) and I am pretty sure there were run as administrator issues in October because when I was trying to fix my touchpad I could not run as administrator. The solution for that was far simpler and just involved my clumsy fingers hitting F7 instead of F8...

I am stumped, the guest administrator account seemed to be the solution and now I am unsure what to do. I'm just trying to install a VPN that I got as a christmas gift and it needs to be installed by this method.

Any and all help would be much appreciated.

:)

Sheeplikeme, Jan 8, 2017
  2. youkson Win User

cannot run *.exe file even as administrator

I upgraded to Windows 10. I was installing a program (google photos) and attempted to run the *.exe file. Nothing happened. I attempted to run the *.exe file as the administrator. It brought up the "do you want to allow...." I clicked "Yes". But still nothing
    happens. I check the file association for *.exe and found "unknown application".

How do I fix this problem?

youkson, Jan 8, 2017
  3. cannot run *.exe file even as administrator

In my case programs that I already have run fine but when I want to install, for example, "git" it doesn't do anything. It keeps showing the loading icon

Wow! 15 minutes later it pops-up on the screen....little bit of latency Run As Administrator does nothing even as enabled guest administrator :p

TimothyKimman, Jan 8, 2017
  4. Run As Administrator does nothing even as enabled guest administrator

A couple of quick questions. Have you been able to use administrator rights with other system/programs ? If yes then there maybe something wrong with your VPN software. Did it come on a disc ? Was it Down loaded ?

storageman, Jan 8, 2017
Thema:

Run As Administrator does nothing even as enabled guest administrator

1. Run As Administrator does nothing even as enabled guest administrator - Similar Threads - Run Administrator does

2. Run as Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run as Administrator: How can I change my Windows 10 system so that I am the administrator for everything that goes on in my computer? I get this annoying message frequently: "You must be the administrator to run this application." Thanks...
  3. Managing guest account as administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Managing guest account as administrator: I created a standard guest account with restricted access to settings. Now I would like to do some personalization tweaks on that account (add profile picture, edit input languages and layouts etc). I can't do that when logged in as a guest. Is there a way to configure the...
  4. Administrator account does not have administrator privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator account does not have administrator privileges: Hello all, my default user account is set up as an administrator account yet still does not have all write privileges needed when installing to certain drives (C, in this case), and I believe it is causing problems with certain software working the way I need it to. Please...
  5. Can't run apps or programmes as administrator even though I'm an administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't run apps or programmes as administrator even though I'm an administrator: I can't run any apps as administrator. I right click and press ''run as administrator'' but literally nothing happens. this happens for every app. I am on an administrative account. I can still do other administrative actions such as deleting important files and changing...
  6. Change Administrator, and Turning "Run as Administrator on an app"

Change Administrator, and Turning "Run as Administrator on an app": Hello all, I hope you can help, I turned on "Run as Administrator" with my app (Which stopped it for working) I turned to turn it off but instead locked myself out of the Administrator account and can't do anything as i forgot y passwords as i always use my pin Please can...
  7. Run as Administrator

Run as Administrator: At boot up prior to my default person login can I log in as administrator and where do you sing in? Also every time I do the NET USER function for administrator when it reboots the only people I see at boot up are the two people with accounts. Where is administrator?...
  8. Enable Administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Enable Administrator: Hi I have a Laptop (Windows Home 10) and a Desktop (Windows 8.1 home) and I want to enable Administrator on both. I have used all of the suggesting about this I got on the internet and nothing works. Sure could use some help here. Thanks Ed 40550
  9. Not Running as Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not Running as Administrator: Hey all, anyone experiencing issues with Running as Administrator ever since the last W10 update? To overcome a printing error in Final Draft I have to run the program as administrator, but ever since the last update, the program simply doesn't start after I hit "Yes"...
  10. Run as "Full administrator"

in Windows 10 Support
    Run as "Full administrator": [img] Nothing I can do will make this block go away. I started the program as administrator (though I am the only user and an administrator). I opened the Administrator user account and ran it: same result. I took ownership using TakeOwnershipEx.exe. Could maybe be a bug?...