Windows 10: Run as Administrator greyed out on Shortcuts after Update

Discus and support Run as Administrator greyed out on Shortcuts after Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had to reinstall some language packs and then reinstall my latest windows update so that it would fix the broken search, but now, in typical Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by spacedog, Sep 7, 2016.

1. spacedog Win User

Run as Administrator greyed out on Shortcuts after Update

I had to reinstall some language packs and then reinstall my latest windows update so that it would fix the broken search, but now, in typical Windows 10 whack-a-mole fashion, I can no longer run shortcuts to .bat files as an administrator.

I have a number of .bat files to do things like quickly reconfigure my network settings and I have made shortcuts to those .bat files and then used Properties > Shortcut >Advanced... to enable 'Run as administrator' so these shortcuts can execute the .bat files with elevated privileges. After this last update / debacle with the language packs, this feature is greyed out. Furthermore, I have no option to use the right-click 'Run as administrator..' options on the .bat files or their shortcuts.

It is not systemwide. .exe files and shortcuts to .exe files seem to work fine. UAC is enabled and set at 'default' on my system.

I ran sfc /scannow and had no issues reported.

:)

spacedog, Sep 7, 2016

2. Command Prompt Properties, "Enable ctrl key shortcuts" choice is greyed out and unable to be selected

Win 10 Pro -- Administrator, Command Prompt, Command Properties, Options, Edit Options, - "Enable ctrl key shortcuts" choice is ghosted (greyed out and unable to be selected). Only Edit options available are Quick edit and Insert Modes. How to remedy to
    allow cut and paste of shortcuts keys in command prompt screen?

JeffGelatka, Sep 7, 2016
  3. I am running W10 & can't access : run as administrator ?

I am running the new W10 OS. If I go to File Explorer I cannot access "Run as Administrator" the yes box is greyed out & states to type an Administrator Password & then click Yes ( the Yes box is greyed out so cannot use ). On the User Accounts page, there
    is my name & photo, under is my email address & Guest Account, Password protected ( can't access it either & can't ever remember setting up a 'Guest Account ' ) ?

There are a number of other Apps that cannot be accessed, same deal Yes box is greyed out so cannot "Run as Administrator" ?

Please advise.

DennisCockley, Sep 7, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

These problems can be hard to track down. Do you have a restore point to revert to a previously working state? If not, you could recover from backup if you have one or perform an in place repair install.

Steve C, Sep 7, 2016
Thema:

1. Run as Administrator greyed out on Shortcuts after Update - Similar Threads - Run Administrator greyed

2. Run as Administrator Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run as Administrator Greyed Out: The option the tick the 'Run as Administrator' in app properties is greyed out. I'm logged into the Administrator account so I don't know why it's not letting me change it.Screenshot of the setting greyed out I am on Windows 10 Home version 22H2....
  3. Run as Administrator Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run as Administrator Greyed Out: I'm trying to fix some issues with some apps not opened/running and in the app properties, the 'Run as Administrator' option is greyed out and I can't tick it. Under my info in the account settings, I am labelled as Administrator so I'm defiantly logged into the right...
  4. Run as Administrator Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run as Administrator Greyed Out: I'm trying to fix some issues with some apps not opened/running and in the app properties, the 'Run as Administrator' option is greyed out and I can't tick it. Under my info in the account settings, I am labelled as Administrator so I'm defiantly logged into the right...
  5. Run as Administrator Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run as Administrator Greyed Out: The option the tick the 'Run as Administrator' in app properties is greyed out. I'm logged into the Administrator account so I don't know why it's not letting me change it.Screenshot of the setting greyed out I am on Windows 10 Home version 22H2....
  6. Run as Administrator Greyed Out

7. Administrator account greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator account greyed out: Hello, I have attached an image of the issue to this post if you would like to see.I logged into my computer today and tried to install a program. The program failed to install, claiming that I didn't have sufficient administrative privileges to access the installation...
  8. Administrator account greyed out

Administrator account greyed out: Hello, I have attached an image of the issue to this post if you would like to see.I logged into my computer today and tried to install a program. The program failed to install, claiming that I didn't have sufficient administrative privileges to access the installation...
  9. Administrator account greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Run shortcut as admin greyed out?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Run shortcut as admin greyed out?: Hello, I have a specific Ableton project file that I want to run as admin, but I don't want to always run Ableton as admin. By making a shortcut of the project, I now have an extra tab in the Properties menu labeled "Shortcut", in which I have the option to run as admin...