Windows 10: Run as administrator in win 10 pro do not work

Discus and support Run as administrator in win 10 pro do not work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have just installed a clean Windows 10 pro on 2 completely SSD HD in Raid1 mode. I try to install the drivers and software for my main board and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PerkyParrot3100, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Run as administrator in win 10 pro do not work

I have just installed a clean Windows 10 pro on 2 completely SSD HD in Raid1 mode.

I try to install the drivers and software for my main board and graphical card, but windows gives only the message run as administrator, even if I use the run as administrator (right click on the software, and click on "run as administrator").

I have tried most of the advises on the net, reinstalled win 10, created new users as administrator etc. What should I do? Nothing helps.

I appreciate all the help I can get.

:)

PerkyParrot3100, Sep 16, 2018

2. Win 10 Pro

These procedures can be used to fix issues with These win 10 apps. Mail, Calendar, Cortana, Start menu, and Settings. It probably will work for others but I have only tested it with these.

Solution 1: Re-register this App:
    • Run Windows PowerShell as Administrator.
    • Type Get-AppxPackage, press Enter.
    • From the output list, find the Mail App (or whatever app you are trying to fix) and remember the
      InstallLocation.
    • Type this command: Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6120.42011.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml"}
    • It would run as below:
    Solution 2: If re-registering the App does not resolve your issue, Try reinstalling the App.
    Step 1: Uninstall it completely
    • Run Windows PowerShell as Administrator.
    • Type Get-AppxPackage, press Enter.
    • From the output list, find Mail App package and remember its PackageFullName as below:
    • And then type the following command: Remove-Appxpackage –Package microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6120.42011.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Note: After running this command in Windows 10, the Mail icon still appear in the App list and Start menu. However, you cannot click to launch it. Just ignore and continue next step.
    Step 2: Reinstall the App from Windows Store

If you have any questions feel free to ask but tell us what you did and where you are getting stuck

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Sep 16, 2018
  3. ScottM58 Win User
    Expression screen capture not working with Win 10

ScottM58, Sep 16, 2018
  4. BokaBob Win User

Run as administrator in win 10 pro do not work

Win 10 pro - administrator keeps getting Access is denied

Have a brand new Wndows 10 pro machine(Dell), all fired up ok, created new admin acct, installed Office 2010 pro, Sql Server(2012 developer), VS2008 and Vs2012 - and I have constant problems with Access is denied (and many other related problems, like project
    is configured to use IIS, to use local websites run VS in contest of admin account --- and you don't have permission Contact your Admin. --- and unable to start debugging on the webserver. --- etc....). and Yes, I am logged in the box as an Administrator (double
    checked and verified....

I've Googled and searched finding many workarounds, usually suggesting always left click and select Run as Admin - or run scripts to change permissions and/or change ACL parent and inheritance. This stuff helps some and/or give temp solutions. I've also
    read some read so MS articles on the new security structure fie Win 10, Wow....( nice concepts, few practical solutions for development and production support personnel).

Bottom line here, even when logged in as an Administrator one is always having go back and starting an app, with a left click(for context menu) and Run as Admin. I cant even change anything in many directories (virtual directories, a host file, txt files, etc)
    from File Explorer using a default double click open! It certainly seams even when logged on as an Administrator your "Context" is not what your logged on as...

OK, so What an I doing wrong on Win 10? or Is this the way it is meant to be? (Always having to go back and start as "Run as Administrator"). What's the Solution here with Win 10?

Any seasoned, experienced win 10 developers or production support people out there who can point to the light here.

There got to be a better way here to log on as an administrator and "Really" be (have context of) an administrator (without having to "Run as administrator)

Thanks Bob

BokaBob, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

Run as administrator in win 10 pro do not work

1. Run as administrator in win 10 pro do not work - Similar Threads - Run administrator pro

2. 'Run as administrator' is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Run as administrator' is not working: When I try to run the command prompt as administrator it shows 'the requested operation requires elevation, even UAC shows the same, I enter the admin password but it still shows the same. What is the solution for solving this?...
  3. 'Run as administrator' is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Run as administrator' is not working: When I try to run the command prompt as administrator it shows 'the requested operation requires elevation, even UAC shows the same, I enter the admin password but it still shows the same. What is the solution for solving this?...
  4. run as administrator is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    run as administrator is not working: I am facing a problem from last few days when I tried to install or uninstall any program or try to run programs as an administrator every time I get an error like that [ATTACH]...
  5. "run as administrator" not work !!!!

"run as administrator" not work !!!!: "run as administrator" not working....!!! for example if I try to run cmd with administrator, This is what happened [ATTACH] another example I try to install stuff and I right click the .exe and click "run as administrator" same things happened again. [ATTACH]...
  6. how do i run chkdsk fix under administrator in win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i run chkdsk fix under administrator in win 10: please list steps to run chkdsk fix in win 10 as administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-run-chkdsk-fix-under-administrator-in-win/dd9c9c67-c156-41d2-93a9-2d8a47b461fd
  7. Lost Administrative Privileges Win 10 Pro

Lost Administrative Privileges Win 10 Pro: Somehow the admin account on my PC has lost its privileges. How can I restore them if there is no admin to approve? PS: net user administrator /active:yes does not work because no one has privileges....
  8. Win 10, Ver 1809: Unable to Run as Administrator.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10, Ver 1809: Unable to Run as Administrator.: My desktop computer has Windows 10 Pro, Version 1809, Build 17763.615. I currently have another active post. One reply suggested a cmd with Run as Administrator. So far, even after trying many tips from Google, I have not had any success. Any suggestions for me to try? 137964
  9. Run as administrator not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Run as administrator not working in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are trying to use the Run as administrator context menu option in Windows 10 but find that it is not working or opening the program with administrator privilege, then you may need to carry out a few things. [...] This post Run as administrator not...
  10. run as administrator windows 10 not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    run as administrator windows 10 not working: when run as administrator windows 10 ( OK ) not show 126344