Windows 10: Run as Administrator taking a minute to prompt username and password

Discus and support Run as Administrator taking a minute to prompt username and password in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; About 2 weeks ago all of a sudden our windows 10 machines when running any program as administrator it takes about 1 minute for the login box to appear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by brandon_326, May 13, 2022.

1. Run as Administrator taking a minute to prompt username and password

About 2 weeks ago all of a sudden our windows 10 machines when running any program as administrator it takes about 1 minute for the login box to appear and nothing is accessible until then. After this happens then you can login in with domain admin credentials and every time you run as admin again it comes up fine until you reboot the machine. What would be causing this?

:)

brandon_326, May 13, 2022

2. Forget hidden Administrator Account Password-Windows 10

Thank you for providing the details. You can change the password of the hidden admin account by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key and type "cmd".
    • Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
    • Type this command: net user "UserName" "NewPassword".

Type "administrator" in the "Username" and type the password that you want in the
      "NewPassword".
    • Retype the password that you've created and close the Command Prompt.
    These steps are intended for local accounts. And since the hidden admin account is considered a local account, you can apply these steps.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Dennis Mop, May 13, 2022
  3. administrator password

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums. In this case I suggest you to try converting your account into administrator. Follow the steps below,

1. Search for Run on
      Windows search bar.
    2. Type netplwiz in the run window and click on OK.
    3. It would prompt you for password of admin account, put in the password.

If you have not set any password, just click on OK.
    4. Double click on the user account you want to change and go to
      Group Membership.
    5. Now select Administrator and click on
      Apply and OK.

To set up pay support for home users, please log on to
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus

Hope it helps

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, May 13, 2022
  4. miljan017 Win User

Run as Administrator taking a minute to prompt username and password

start iexplorer as administrator without prompt username and pass

hi to all,

how to start iexplorer as admninistrator without prompt for username and pass, computer is logged in as user but iexplorer must run as administrator and i dont wont give username and pass to any user. only iexplorer can start as administrator, all other program start as user.

thanks

miljan017, May 13, 2022
Thema:

Run as Administrator taking a minute to prompt username and password

1. Run as Administrator taking a minute to prompt username and password - Similar Threads - Run Administrator taking

2. After running 'disk cleanup' as administrator app take minutes to load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After running 'disk cleanup' as administrator app take minutes to load: I was preparing to update to windows 11 from windows 10 and decided to clean unecessary data from my computer beforehand.I did not have a viable method of backing up all of my data so instead of a clean install I wanted to upgrade from my previous os win 10.After running the...
  3. After running 'disk cleanup' as administrator app take minutes to load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After running 'disk cleanup' as administrator app take minutes to load: I was preparing to update to windows 11 from windows 10 and decided to clean unecessary data from my computer beforehand.I did not have a viable method of backing up all of my data so instead of a clean install I wanted to upgrade from my previous os win 10.After running the...
  4. Unable to run the command prompt as an administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to run the command prompt as an administrator: As the title states I am not able to run the command prompt as an administrator. Currently I am in a repair loop and can't check my disk without administrator. The only issue is that I only have access to command prompt through the troubleshoot option. What do I do?...
  5. Unable to run the command prompt as an administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to run the command prompt as an administrator: As the title states I am not able to run the command prompt as an administrator. Currently I am in a repair loop and can't check my disk without administrator. The only issue is that I only have access to command prompt through the troubleshoot option. What do I do?...
  6. Unable to run the command prompt as an administrator

7. Run as Administrator taking a minute to prompt username and password

Run as Administrator taking a minute to prompt username and password: About 2 weeks ago all of a sudden our windows 10 machines when running any program as administrator it takes about 1 minute for the login box to appear and nothing is accessible until then. After this happens then you can login in with domain admin credentials and every time...
  8. Run as Administrator taking a minute to prompt username and password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Run as Administrator taking a minute to prompt username and password: About 2 weeks ago all of a sudden our windows 10 machines when running any program as administrator it takes about 1 minute for the login box to appear and nothing is accessible until then. After this happens then you can login in with domain admin credentials and every time...
  9. Administration username and password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administration username and password: Hi, I bought an desktop computer from yard sale. When I got home and turned it on I found it was said wayfair on startup screen and asking for administration username and password. I can't get around it. I called the person I bought it from and she said the computer belonged...
  10. start iexplorer as administrator without prompt username and pass

in Windows 10 Support
    start iexplorer as administrator without prompt username and pass: hi to all, how to start iexplorer as admninistrator without prompt for username and pass, computer is logged in as user but iexplorer must run as administrator and i dont wont give username and pass to any user. only iexplorer can start as administrator, all other program...