Windows 10: run as administrator view in file explorer missing

Discus and support run as administrator view in file explorer missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am reading a tutorial here Run as Administrator in Windows 10 and in option six they show to run as administrator in file explorer ribbon [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sandila, Dec 27, 2019.

1. sandila Win User

run as administrator view in file explorer missing

I am reading a tutorial here Run as Administrator in Windows 10
    and in option six they show to run as administrator in file explorer ribbon

run as administrator view in file explorer missing [​IMG]

but when I open my file explorer I don't see any such thing to run as administrator in my file explorer what did I miss here.
    run as administrator view in file explorer missing [​IMG]

:)

sandila, Dec 27, 2019

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

missing/unusable internet explorer icon

Hi,

One of the reasons why your applications is missing due to a corrupted system files. Have you tried running SFC
    scan? If not, we suggest that you run SFC scan to check and fix any system files that has been corrupted. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

1. run as administrator view in file explorer missing - Similar Threads - run administrator view

2. File explorer view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer view: I'm having a dummy problem. I don't "think" I have changed anything but the view I am seeing when I open File Explorer is different. I understand quick access - but previously I had my most used folders in the lower half of the left hand column. Things that were user specific...
  3. File explorer view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer view: I'm having a dummy problem. I don't "think" I have changed anything but the view I am seeing when I open File Explorer is different. I understand quick access - but previously I had my most used folders in the lower half of the left hand column. Things that were user specific...
  4. File Explorer views

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer views: Is there a way to save a "view" in file explorer? I prefer to see the items in a folder as a List, but every time I open a folder it has defaulted to Details so I have to change it to List.Can the List view be saved as the default?...
  5. File Explorer views

File Explorer views: Is there a way to save a "view" in file explorer? I prefer to see the items in a folder as a List, but every time I open a folder it has defaulted to Details so I have to change it to List.Can the List view be saved as the default?...
  6. Windows File Explorer and Run as Administrator

Windows File Explorer and Run as Administrator: I run Windows 10.0.19044 on a Thinkpad X1 16GB, 1TB. I have a shortcut to Windows File Explorer that executes: C:\windows\explorer.exe /e,H:\I have mapped a network drive, "H", to a network location. I have set the properties of the shortcut to "Run as Administrator". When I...
  7. Windows File Explorer and Run as Administrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer and Run as Administrator: I run Windows 10.0.19044 on a Thinkpad X1 16GB, 1TB. I have a shortcut to Windows File Explorer that executes: C:\windows\explorer.exe /e,H:\I have mapped a network drive, "H", to a network location. I have set the properties of the shortcut to "Run as Administrator". When I...
  8. File explorer and view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer and view: I have created a map and set the view as Small icons. When I try to follow instructions and define a view for this map it will beset for all other views. I do not like to see other maps as View > Properties not as small icons. It is very annoying. How to manage view...
  9. Viewing file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Viewing file explorer: I can only see one folder in file explorer. The button to allow we to reverse the folder to the previous size has vanished so I seem to be stuck on maximum...
  10. How to run File Explorer as Administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    How to run File Explorer as Administrator: What I don't understand is why with administrator rights, I can't access or delete files or even save files to the Windows folder. I also don't have the option if I right click to run File Explorer with Administrator rights. [img] If I Right Click on another...