Windows 10: Run away computer characters and scrolling screen

Discus and support Run away computer characters and scrolling screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ever since I updated the Windows 10 update, I'm having problems with run away characters scrolling across my screen like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by renata8, Feb 23, 2021.

1. renata8 Win User

Run away computer characters and scrolling screen

Ever since I updated the Windows 10 update, I'm having problems with run away characters scrolling across my screen like thissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss and it keeps going and won't stop and the issue continues after rebooting the computer. This very random, works fine for a while and thennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. does this.

Please help,

:)

renata8, Feb 23, 2021

2. Screen size does not fix.

Since the new upgrades the screen size is too big for my 7 YR old Toshiba Laptop, which I use constantly. I Can not access the x or the scroll bar. The character's are Hugh, stretched and distorted. I have followed every single step listed in troubleshooting
    and even paid two computer techs to fix it. NOTHING WORKS! There used to be a simple one step adjustment: Settings: Display: Screen Size. Neither, Resetting, troubleshooting app, driver updates, changing to another resolution (which btw is suggested as a
    fix but non existant) nothing works. I am at wits end. The last guy I paid to fix it suggested I just buy anew unit? I can't afford that. Please please address this issue asap. Thank you

Arose Krashmam, Feb 23, 2021
  3. screen problems keys and scrolling will not stop running

Hi Jen,

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    It could be due to incorrect settings or missing/corrupt drivers or missing updates.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Restart the computer a few times and check for Windows Updates.

In the Search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update, select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

Try to run Hardware Troubleshooter. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer was installed correctly.

a. Press Windows Logo Key+X then click on Search option.

b. Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes and click on
    Troubleshooting

c. In the new window, click View all on the left pane.

d. In the list of options, click on Hardware and devices.

e. Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Also, try to run the Power Troubleshooter.

Power troubleshooter will automatically fix some common issues with Power Plans. Run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings,
    which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X then click on Search option.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on
      System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.

Please get back to us with the results to assist you further.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Run away computer characters and scrolling screen

"Chinese Characters" program delaying shutdown - a different approach.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• As you have mentioned this happens only in the Admin account, is it local account set as admin account or the Microsoft account?
    I would suggest you to check the all apps list and check if that Chinese character app is present.

After you try the above steps and share us the results what happens we can proceed with the further suggestions.

Please post us back with the results after troubleshooting the above steps and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Run away computer characters and scrolling screen

1. Run away computer characters and scrolling screen - Similar Threads - Run away computer

2. Software with special character in the name is not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Software with special character in the name is not running: There is a piece of software that I am trying to run on my pc Levelator 2.1.1 but it does not start after installing.I tried to figure out what's wrong and I noticed one thing after trying it on a friend's computer. The end of the software's name on my friend's computer has...
  3. Software with special character in the name is not running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software with special character in the name is not running: There is a piece of software that I am trying to run on my pc Levelator 2.1.1 but it does not start after installing.I tried to figure out what's wrong and I noticed one thing after trying it on a friend's computer. The end of the software's name on my friend's computer has...
  4. Computer keeps scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps scrolling: HelloWhen I'm scrolling down on a webside and I press and hold the PgUp or PgDn key, the computer keeps scrolling even when I let go of the key. How can I fix this problem?...
  5. Computer keeps scrolling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps scrolling: HelloWhen I'm scrolling down on a webside and I press and hold the PgUp or PgDn key, the computer keeps scrolling even when I let go of the key. How can I fix this problem?...
  6. Run away cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Run away cursor: Hi What do I do with my cursor. It keeps moving across the page. I have tried changing the setting to low sensitivity in settings but my cousor still runs across the page. Tried plugging in my mouse, but my cursor still runs across the page. Can you asist, thanks....
  7. Computer screen turns black after walking away for a break.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer screen turns black after walking away for a break.: When I take a break from using my computer the screen turns black and becomes unresponsive, therefore making me shut it off and turn back on to use again. I need help fixing this reoccurring issue, please. Thanks...
  8. computer continued scrolling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer continued scrolling: How to correct for computer continued scrolling https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-continued-scrolling/091bd471-a2fb-4d24-b711-16ac10f4dd0a
  9. Give computer away

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Give computer away: I want to give my computer to someone, how do I remove me as a user (and add them)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/give-computer-away/3c778260-9916-4a1c-83be-ddd62551dff4"
  10. Cursor reset to default & scrolling goes away on restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor reset to default & scrolling goes away on restart: So two things; when I restart my computer my saved and in-use cursor always resets back to the default cursor pack that comes with the system. I had this issue in Windows 8.1 too, but now it's getting on my nerves because I've got to go to the cursor customization panel every...