Windows 10: Run away cursor

Discus and support Run away cursor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi What do I do with my cursor. It keeps moving across the page. I have tried changing the setting to low sensitivity in settings but my cousor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SianLoehrer, May 3, 2019.

1. Run away cursor

Hi

What do I do with my cursor. It keeps moving across the page. I have tried changing the setting to low sensitivity in settings but my cousor still runs across the page. Tried plugging in my mouse, but my cursor still runs across the page.

Can you asist, thanks.

:)

SianLoehrer, May 3, 2019
  2. deeneecy Win User

cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, May 3, 2019
  3. Spinning cursor on task bar for work desktop

Hello TaraKelley,

For us to better assist you, kindly provide the following information:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you download and run the Start menu troubleshooter on this
    link. This troubleshooter automatically diagnose and repair common problem with Start menu.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, May 3, 2019
  4. Josef Bri Win User

Run away cursor

Cursor lagging on my desktop

Hi Charlie,

To help you with your concern, we'd like to suggest checking if there are unwanted applications running in the background. To check this, follow these steps below:

• Right-click on your Start Menu button on the Taskbar.
    • Click Task Manager
    • Under Processes, close any applications that are running in the background that are consuming resources on your laptop. Select the program and then click
      End Task.
    • Next click the Details tab, choose the program that is consuming a lot of memory on your computer and then press
      End Task.
    • Check if the cursor is responding slowly.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Josef Bri, May 3, 2019
Thema:

Run away cursor

1. Run away cursor - Similar Threads - Run away cursor

2. [BUG] Cursor frequently jumps away from target click area when moving cursor quickly on a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [BUG] Cursor frequently jumps away from target click area when moving cursor quickly on a...: I have scoured the internet for discussions and only found a few examples of this being talked about: https://www.reddit.com/r/Surface/comments/54fkhz/does_anyone_elses_cursor_suddenly_move_after/ - talking about it on a Surface...
  3. Mouse cursor won’t go away on mirrored screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor won’t go away on mirrored screen: Hi! I have my screen wirelessly mirrored to a projector to watch movies. On my laptop, the cursor disappears when you drag it off the screen, however on the mirrored screen/projector you can’t drag it off the screen so it just sits there, very distracting ! Is there a way to...
  4. Mouse cursor won’t go away on mirrored screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor won’t go away on mirrored screen: Hi! I have my screen wirelessly mirrored to a projector to watch movies. On my laptop, the cursor disappears when you drag it off the screen, however on the mirrored screen/projector you can’t drag it off the screen so it just sits there, very distracting ! Is there a way to...
  5. Hourglass next to cursor won't go away.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hourglass next to cursor won't go away.: I have been having this issue for a few days now. When I turn on my computer, the hourglass pops up next to my cursor almost immediately after logging in. I have tried restarting my computer, doing a clean reboot, and a number of other fixes and nothing has worked. In...
  6. Hourglass next to cursor won't go away.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hourglass next to cursor won't go away.: I have been having this issue for a few days now. When I turn on my computer, the hourglass pops up next to my cursor almost immediately after logging in. I have tried restarting my computer, doing a clean reboot, and a number of other fixes and nothing has worked. In...
  7. Hourglass next to cursor won't go away.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Run away computer characters and scrolling screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Run away computer characters and scrolling screen: Ever since I updated the Windows 10 update, I'm having problems with run away characters scrolling across my screen like thissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss and it keeps going and won't stop and the issue continues after rebooting the computer. This very random, works...
  9. Loading Cursor won't go away after Right Clicking.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Loading Cursor won't go away after Right Clicking.: My parents recently gave me a completely reset PC, and once I was able to set it up, I right clicked and the blue loading cursor appeared and wouldn't go away. When I drag the cursor onto an app or browser, the cursor will go back to default, but when I move it back to the...
  10. Cursor reset to default & scrolling goes away on restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor reset to default & scrolling goes away on restart: So two things; when I restart my computer my saved and in-use cursor always resets back to the default cursor pack that comes with the system. I had this issue in Windows 8.1 too, but now it's getting on my nerves because I've got to go to the cursor customization panel every...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. runawat cursor in windows 10

2. run away cursor windows 1