Windows 10: Run bar doesnt open as administrator

Discus and support Run bar doesnt open as administrator in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi, just reinstalled Win10 on my computer. Before the reinstall, when i pressed my shortcut, Win + R, the run bar opened as administrator,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/heeeeeeelpmeWin10, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Run bar doesnt open as administrator

Run bar doesnt open as administrator ygR4ZcLhDJz31mu4SJq8uwIzgWInfRdq8pwnR7l1BXs.jpg

Hi, just reinstalled Win10 on my computer. Before the reinstall, when i pressed my shortcut, Win + R, the run bar opened as administrator, but after it's not. I disabled UAC, not sure if that has any effect?

Also i tried to find to find the shortcut, go into properties, and enable run as administrator, but it's greyed out.

https://preview.redd.it/t6a4uh9jbm0...bp&s=ff554831b43fcb811d41dd9cad771cac77a2d0b8

https://preview.redd.it/fl8gc1fd9m0...bp&s=561285af69d00fcdbccf755116ded5e6ce3db29a

https://preview.redd.it/rlocikm3am0...bp&s=d29276981f4ce9c7141b10bcb0eefbd931eaf0c6

submitted by /u/heeeeeeelpmeWin10
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/heeeeeeelpmeWin10, Nov 21, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Nov 21, 2020
  3. duckvenom Win User
    Cortana/search bar not opening

I'm unsure how to bring up the command prompt without the search. I do not see the CMD option in complete list and of course the search bar is what we're troubleshooting.

duckvenom, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Run bar doesnt open as administrator

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Run bar doesnt open as administrator :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Run bar doesnt open as administrator

1. Run bar doesnt open as administrator - Similar Threads - Run bar doesnt

2. Administrator doesnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator doesnt work: Cannot open or using any programs with administrator . Looks like the gpsvc doesnt connect but i tried literally everything , even to manually set up from regedit the GPSvcGroup but nothing work...Please I need help to get my administrator back...
  3. Administrator doesnt work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator doesnt work: Cannot open or using any programs with administrator . Looks like the gpsvc doesnt connect but i tried literally everything , even to manually set up from regedit the GPSvcGroup but nothing work...Please I need help to get my administrator back...
  4. Administrator doesnt work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Run as an administrator...?

Run as an administrator...?: I have a program I'm trying to run on my computer, but it states that I need to run as an administrator. The computer is not a workplace computer, it is not part of a network, it isn't even a shared computer. This is MY computer, I own it. Why is this such a problem and how...
  6. No programs open unless run as administrator [Win10]

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No programs open unless run as administrator [Win10]: hello Microsoft from yesterday I couldn't open any program without running them as an administrator I'm using "Gmail' as my account on this computer please help me I don't want to reinstall my windows 10...
  7. run as administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    run as administrator: How can I log in as administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-as-administrator/646a029d-39ea-4540-9ce7-5da26d6fd2d4
  8. Run as administrator

Run as administrator: I had trouble opening an attached email file until I found a solution (on this forum) that advised me to run the email program as administrator. However, if I or Microsoft reboots my computer, that setting goes away. I don't know if it means anything, but when I log in,...
  9. Run as Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run as Administrator: How can I change my Windows 10 system so that I am the administrator for everything that goes on in my computer? I get this annoying message frequently: "You must be the administrator to run this application." Thanks...
  10. Run as Administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Run as Administrator: At boot up prior to my default person login can I log in as administrator and where do you sing in? Also every time I do the NET USER function for administrator when it reboots the only people I see at boot up are the two people with accounts. Where is administrator?...