Windows 10: Run bat on opening?

Discus and support Run bat on opening? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is it possible to tell windows to automatically run a bat file when opening? Ty submitted by /u/Rick_S_meme_Pirate [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Rick_S_meme_Pirate, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Run bat on opening?

/u/Rick_S_meme_Pirate, Mar 10, 2021

2. cant open .bat file

Please open command line windows, run bat file from command line and show the result (command window).

And please type a text of bat file.

Igor Leyko, Mar 10, 2021
  3. Open .bat files with Notepad in Windows 10

What you need to do is probably to add the "Edit" action as a new context option to ".bat" file; since if you changed the Default Program" as suggested, you won't be able to run the BAT file when double (or single) clicked.

You can use the little utility called "Types" (I believe it's a freeware.) to define all sorts of actions to any file types. It works since XP till Win 10.

BTW, Win10 does not allow a BAT file to be assigned as an "Open With..." executor. "Types" actually came to rescue the situation. Besides the flat and blurry rendering of the dialogs, there are also all kind of annoying short-comings in Win 10. Not sure
    what M/S is trying to pull off...

Postino_888, Mar 10, 2021
  4. sc00VN Win User

Run bat on opening?

.bat file

A batch file (.bat extension) is basically a series of commands to be executed by the command-line interpreter. When you open the file, your system runs every command stored in the file from top to bottom, once the final command has been executed, it closes
    itself indicating it has finished its job. However, everything happens so fast you think it closes immediately and that's completely normal.

If you want the command-line interpreter window to remains open once the last command has been executed, I suggest you do the following:

- Right click on the .bat file and click on the 'edit' button.

- It will open a notepad displaying a series of commands.

- Create a new line by hitting enter after the final text and type in 'pause' without quotes.

- Save the file and run it. This time the window will remain open.

sc00VN, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

Run bat on opening?

1. Run bat on opening? - Similar Threads - Run bat opening

2. How to run multiple Windows .bat in one master .bat?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to run multiple Windows .bat in one master .bat?: Hello All,I would sure appreciate some assistance with this. I have 20 individual batch files that I run routinely, which spin off sequentially numbered copies of a template into different folders. Rather than running through all 20 .bat files, double clicking each, how can I...
  3. How to run multiple Windows .bat in one master .bat?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to run multiple Windows .bat in one master .bat?: Hello All,I would sure appreciate some assistance with this. I have 20 individual batch files that I run routinely, which spin off sequentially numbered copies of a template into different folders. Rather than running through all 20 .bat files, double clicking each, how can I...
  4. How to run multiple Windows .bat in one master .bat?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Is it safe to run this bat file?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is it safe to run this bat file?: Spo I was wondering how to get sandbox on windows 10 home and I came across this forum saying that I could run this bat file to try and install it.Enable Windows Sandbox Feature in Windows 10 Home Edition Tutorials tenforums.comThe bat file I downloaded was not blocked by...
  6. Can't run .bat files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't run .bat files: I haven't run a .bat file in quite a while, so perhaps I unknowingly did something along the was that prompted this problem. I was trying to run Brinks "Reset_Notification_Area_Icons_Cache.bat", but instead the file opens in my text editor. I disassociated .bat in that text...
  7. cant open .bat file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant open .bat file: I cant open the .bat file it says This app can't be run on your pc to find a version for your pc check with the software publisher I have my account activated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-bat-file/99d3a3d7-a386-4dbc-b566-543e786fe354
  8. Bat Files Won't Run?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bat Files Won't Run?: Basically I'm installing BattlEye for a Steam game and I click the .bat file in the game's subfolder to download it (when I was prompted to download it I clicked no but now I practically need it for most servers), and I download the .bat from the main website and it also...
  9. Trouble running .bat files

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble running .bat files: Hi, I'm trying to run .bat files on Windows 10, but it tells me that "This app can't run on your PC". It doesn't matter what I use it for, .bat files just won't run anyway. Are .bat files no longer supported? (ran fine on Windows 7) Any workarounds? I'm no expert on...
  10. Can't Run .Bat Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Run .Bat Files: I try to run .bat files and the just run in note pad. There is no "open with" option. 48199