Windows 10: RUN command does not remember MRUs

Discus and support RUN command does not remember MRUs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In my upgrade of Win7 to Win10 (winver 1511 build 10586), the RUN command remembers its MRU. However, in a fresh install of Win10 (winver 10240), RUN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sebastian42, Feb 16, 2016.

1. RUN command does not remember MRUs

In my upgrade of Win7 to Win10 (winver 1511 build 10586), the RUN command remembers its MRU.
    However, in a fresh install of Win10 (winver 10240), RUN does NOT remember its MRUs.
    Importing the relevant registry key from the first into the second, does NOT solve the problem.
    Is there an effective way of getting Win10's RUN command to remember its MRUs ?

:)

Sebastian42, Feb 16, 2016
  2. krthom1 Win User

run command issue

I've just been using Windows 10 Pro for 2 weeks, but cannot find how to keep the display of previously run files in the Explorer Run command.(I've checked CCleaner mru settings) Then yesterday, when I typed in a letter, a list of recently run internet
    url's starting with that letter appeared, and does it every time now. How did that get there, and how do I clear this up?

krthom1, Feb 16, 2016
  3. On Windows 10 Home, can't launch apps from search result

More than that you can't see its right-click menu. As I mentioned Shift-Right-click does something different but I have concluded that all it does is what shows if I press Shift- while a normal Right-click menu is overlaying the app's MRU list. So, if
    you haven't used Paint before or if you aren't keeping an MRU for it I guess you might then see that Shift-Right-click would do nothing.

Hmm... all of the Recent files were shown as .png, so I searched for that instead. The top one was one that was listed in Paint's MRU but when I tried to open it I got the How do you want to... prompt. When I click that same name in the Paint MRU it opens
    Paint.

I notice that you do have a list under Paint. Does clicking on one of those open Paint?

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Feb 16, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

RUN command does not remember MRUs

Try this: overview for ccrsac1adt

Ztruker, Feb 16, 2016
  5. Thank you - that did it !

Sebastian42, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

RUN command does not remember MRUs

1. RUN command does not remember MRUs - Similar Threads - RUN command does

2. Windows run commands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows run commands: I've been having this issue since I started using windows 11. Whenever I use the Windows key + r and I want to run a application like notepad, mspaint they don't load. The only thing that works is CMD. Any suggestions on how I can fix this?...
  3. Alienware command center does not run correctly with Windows security

Alienware command center does not run correctly with Windows security: Windows security is incompatible with my Alienware command centre. Dell said windows is not working properly.What should I do?Disable memory integrity is not the solution....
  4. Alienware command center does not run correctly with Windows security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alienware command center does not run correctly with Windows security: Windows security is incompatible with my Alienware command centre. Dell said windows is not working properly.What should I do?Disable memory integrity is not the solution....
  5. "Run" command in "Start?"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Run" command in "Start?": I've been instructed to type "Run" iwhen I choose "Start." Where is the box to type a command? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-command-in-start/0ee834a6-c8a9-4bdd-8097-c0185d5474e6
  6. Windows custom shell does not run few commands.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows custom shell does not run few commands.: Hi, I am currently working with the Windows Custom Shell Launcher V2. I have my application which will be executed in the custom shell and it works completely fine as expected. Now, In my application, I have a button that will trigger a component in windows. To be precise, I...
  7. Windows custom shell does not run few commands.

Windows custom shell does not run few commands.: Hi, I am currently working with the Windows Custom Shell Launcher V2. I have my application which will be executed in the custom shell and it works completely fine as expected. Now, In my application, I have a button that will trigger a component in windows. To be precise, I...
  8. Windows custom shell does not run few commands.

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Run Command Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Run Command Problem: I recently had viruses on my computer and just noticed that my Run command is not working properly. When I put in Run... I get the pop up box as usual, but when I put in a command, %temp%, %msconfig%, etc. It asks for me to choose a program to open it. I know about program...
  10. Taskbar Icons Not Working / Run Command Does Not Open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taskbar Icons Not Working / Run Command Does Not Open: Hello. Please, if one of you has time could you please try to help me? I've tried all of the "easy" fixes for this issue. I'm not sure what to do next. I just updated Windows 10 and still am having issues. Here is the PowerShell readout: Thank you for any help someone...