Windows 10: Run command not saving History in Windows 10

Discus and support Run command not saving History in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Auto-complete is one feature that makes executing same or similar commands easy. Whether you are typing in the Command Prompt or on Run prompt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 4, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Run command not saving History in Windows 10

Run command not saving History in Windows 10 Enable-Settings-Run-command-Turn-on-App-Search-Tracking-100x100.png
    Auto-complete is one feature that makes executing same or similar commands easy. Whether you are typing in the Command Prompt or on Run prompt if what you are typing matches with previously executed command, you save a lot of time. [...]

This post Run command not saving History in Windows 10 is from TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Anak Win User

Run Command Box not Auto-Saving Suggestions

I know the run box was saving my entries in the auto-suggestion menu when I first purchased my machine (system one) but I don't know when it stopped, a recent update perhaps?

This first snip shows my entry for regedit and the result after I tested three times to see if regedit would be saved and it wasn't, this happens with any CMD I try to run, if I open to click on a previous CMD I am presented with an empty suggestion box.

Run command not saving History in Windows 10 [​IMG]

I searched and found a tutorial from @Brink on how to empty the suggestion box where the registry key is located and that result is shown in this snip, my registry key is super imposed on Shawn's .bat file:

From Shawn's win8 tutorial:

Note The auto suggestions history for the Run dialog are stored in the RunMRU registry key below. This is what the .bat file below will delete for you automatically to clear the history. The next time you open something from Run, the RunMRU key will automatically be recreated and will save the new history.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RunMRU
    From the note would the general consensus be that if I delete that key it would jump start the auto-suggestion box into working again or would the problem lie elsewhere?

Anak, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Run command not saving History in Windows 10 :)

Naki, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Run command not saving History in Windows 10

Command history in Run dialog

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us with an update.

With your description, we tried to reproduce the issue and noticed the same. We can
    only see the last 26 executed run commands from the list, and it’s as per the design. However we don't have any manual option that displays all executed run commands with enabled scroll bar. Moreover it will still display
    the other run command when you start typing them into it, even though it won't display in that 26 executed run commands list.

Suggest you to post your feedback in this regard using Windows Feedback app, which helps us to improve you experience.

I appreciate your cooperation in this regard.

Keep us posted if you require any assistance with Windows.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Run command not saving History in Windows 10

1. Run command not saving History in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Run command saving

2. Powershell command history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell command history: Dear Forum,Please clarify the following queries.1 How to retain the command history across Powershell sessions?2 Linux allows increasing the history size using the env variable HISTSIZE. What is the equivalent in WIndows?3 Linux allows prefixing each command history with a...
  3. Powershell command history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell command history: Dear Forum,Please clarify the following queries.1 How to retain the command history across Powershell sessions?2 Linux allows increasing the history size using the env variable HISTSIZE. What is the equivalent in WIndows?3 Linux allows prefixing each command history with a...
  4. How to clear Run command history in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to clear Run command history in Windows 10: [ATTACH]This post will explain how to clear the Run dialog command history in Windows 10. The Run dialog box is a very powerful tool in Windows 10. You can use this utility to open your desired apps and documents directly whose path is known. All you need to type the app name...
  5. Run command history

in Windows 10 Support
    Run command history: Hi! I recently noticed that if I insert a slash to my run command, it gives some old paths for a folder or file. I was unable to clear this even though I followed this tutorial: Clear File Explorer and Run Dialog Box History in Windows 10 If it's not a recent history, then...
  6. Windows + Run history

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows + Run history: Hoping to get some help. My issue: When I access the run function (my preferred method is Windows Key + R) it does not remember any of the commands I enter in it. It does however, seem to pull history from other places. e.g. If I type winver to check my version/build, the...
  7. Run command not saving the history of commands used

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run command not saving the history of commands used: I bought refurbished Dell 5050 and noticed a difference from old Dell - both used Windows 10 Pro. When I use the run command, it does not put in the last used command automatically. My old Dell 7010 running Windows 10 Pro would display last used command but now each time I...
  8. How to view, save and clear Command Prompt command History in Windows

in Windows 10 News
    How to view, save and clear Command Prompt command History in Windows: [ATTACH] The Command Prompt is nothing but a black and white command line utility that comes out of the box on Windows 10/8/7. But those who know its true potential, it is a great replacement for many of the users’ third-party [...] This post How to view, save and clear...
  9. Run Command Box not Auto-Saving Suggestions

in Windows 10 Support
    Run Command Box not Auto-Saving Suggestions: I know the run box was saving my entries in the auto-suggestion menu when I first purchased my machine (system one) but I don't know when it stopped, a recent update perhaps? This first snip shows my entry for regedit and the result after I tested three times to see if...
  10. Run SFC Command in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Run SFC Command in Windows 10: How to: Run SFC Command in Windows 10 How to Repair System Files with SFC Command in Windows 10 The SFC command scans the integrity of all protected system files and replaces incorrect (corrupted or modified) versions with correct Microsoft versions. This tutorial...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. run command not saving history

2. Run command not saving History in Windows 10

3. into run commands are not saving

4. start/run not saving