Windows 10: run command not working

Discus and support run command not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I reinstalled Windows and now when I open "Run" and type a command, it just disappears.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by brenda_1230, Oct 29, 2019.

1. run command not working

I reinstalled Windows and now when I open "Run" and type a command, it just disappears.

:)

brenda_1230, Oct 29, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile run command not working :)

4. run command not working

Windows 10 Apps do not work after upgarding from win8 even if running powesheel command

Hi,

Thank you for getting back with a reply.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

run command not working

1. run command not working - Similar Threads - run command working

2. Windows run commands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows run commands: I've been having this issue since I started using windows 11. Whenever I use the Windows key + r and I want to run a application like notepad, mspaint they don't load. The only thing that works is CMD. Any suggestions on how I can fix this?...
  3. "Run" command in "Start?"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Run" command in "Start?": I've been instructed to type "Run" iwhen I choose "Start." Where is the box to type a command? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-command-in-start/0ee834a6-c8a9-4bdd-8097-c0185d5474e6
  4. "Run" command in "Start?"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Run" command in "Start?": I've been instructed to type "Run" iwhen I choose "Start." Where is the box to type a command? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-command-in-start/0ee834a6-c8a9-4bdd-8097-c0185d5474e6
  5. Run command history

in Windows 10 Support
    Run command history: Hi! I recently noticed that if I insert a slash to my run command, it gives some old paths for a folder or file. I was unable to clear this even though I followed this tutorial: Clear File Explorer and Run Dialog Box History in Windows 10 If it's not a recent history, then...
  6. Run command didn't work

Run command didn't work: Does anyone know why i can't use %appdata% on run command. Every time i run this command it will pop up "how do you want to open this file"?. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-command-didnt-work/62d83122-bd25-4add-8d18-c26207cf48b4
  7. running .exe command

running .exe command: I am using mingw compiler. while i am running a CC++ program works fine program it compiles successfully but when i ran it i am facing a problem.I am getting that access is denied.I tried reinstalling but nothing has changed.I am facing this problem when i am connected to...
  8. Run Command Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Run Command Problem: I recently had viruses on my computer and just noticed that my Run command is not working properly. When I put in Run... I get the pop up box as usual, but when I put in a command, %temp%, %msconfig%, etc. It asks for me to choose a program to open it. I know about program...
  9. Running Commands as an Administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Running Commands as an Administrator: I've just downloaded my Windows 10 upgrade and can't send mail through Outlook 13. On a forum I was told to run the sfc command but when I tried, I was told that I'm not an administrator. Mine is the only account on my PC, so surely I must be. Help please! 16164
  10. 10130 - Run as Administrator not working for Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    10130 - Run as Administrator not working for Command Prompt: I pinned Command Prompt to the Taskbar then changed the properties to always Run as Administrator. Setting took but is not obeyed: [img] When I click on the icon in the Taskbar I get: [img] What I should get is this: [img] This worked in previous...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows run command not working