Windows 10: Run Edge while system is locked

Discus and support Run Edge while system is locked in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a client in a doctor's office that had a dual monitor system. A normal monitor on their desktop and a large television monitor on the wall. The... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CAINisLOOPus, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Run Edge while system is locked

I have a client in a doctor's office that had a dual monitor system. A normal monitor on their desktop and a large television monitor on the wall. The TV is used to display basically an information page from the internet for their practice. They would like to keep that running, but lock the system so non users can not access the network. I have seen some reference to metro? apps in edge that will run while locked, but have not found any real information on that. Is this an option or is there possibly a setting for this somewhere?

:)

CAINisLOOPus, Jun 11, 2021

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 11, 2021
  4. peach1971 Win User

Run Edge while system is locked

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Run Edge while system is locked

1. Run Edge while system is locked - Similar Threads - Run Edge while

2. while running edge browser in kiosk mode , system allocate only 500mb to browser , is there...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    while running edge browser in kiosk mode , system allocate only 500mb to browser , is there...: running kiosk mode in windows 10 pro. i have setup edge as digital signage in kiosk mode , but storage for edge is limited to ~500mb.i want to increase that limit....
  3. while running edge browser in kiosk mode , system allocate only 500mb to browser , is there...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    while running edge browser in kiosk mode , system allocate only 500mb to browser , is there...: running kiosk mode in windows 10 pro. i have setup edge as digital signage in kiosk mode , but storage for edge is limited to ~500mb.i want to increase that limit....
  4. while running edge browser in kiosk mode , system allocate only 500mb to browser , is there...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Loss of files while the operating system is running.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Loss of files while the operating system is running.: Greetings, today I faced a very serious problem. Right while I was working, about 500GB of data was lost on my D disk HDD. Looking at the contents of the disk, I found that some files and folders were partially missing I did not find any pattern. An important point is that...
  6. Loss of files while the operating system is running.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loss of files while the operating system is running.: Greetings, today I faced a very serious problem. Right while I was working, about 500GB of data was lost on my D disk HDD. Looking at the contents of the disk, I found that some files and folders were partially missing I did not find any pattern. An important point is that...
  7. Loss of files while the operating system is running.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Doing stuff while a system scan running

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Doing stuff while a system scan running: HelloCan I do other things on the computer whilethe big /sfc system scans and /Dism scans in the command prompt is active in the background?Or will it be much slower / longer when ever i trigger/open any another application like the webbrowser?...
  9. this program will not run while system debuggers are active.

this program will not run while system debuggers are active.: Hello I'm trying to install longstanding online games, but I always get out "For security purposes, this program will not run while system debuggers are active. Please remove or disable the system debugger before trying to run this program again." and I don't even install...
  10. Laptop just got locked up while on MS Edge

Laptop just got locked up while on MS Edge: A message said to give username and password to reactivate windows or call 800 number. Doesn't feel proper. How may I reset windows to get message and bell gone?...